Selling internationally - commonly excluded countries?

wholovesboo

I often see listings on eBay that offer international shipping but exclude certain countries. The countries I see most often are South Korea, Italy, and Russian Federation. Does anyone have any insight as to why this is so?

And if you are a seller who excludes certain countries, which countries do you exclude?

I often see listings on eBay that offer international shipping but exclude certain countries. The countries I see most often are South Korea, Italy, and Russian Federation. Does anyone have any insight as to why this is so?

And if you are a seller who excludes certain countries, which countries do you exclude?

The postal service in Italy is very slow and unreliable.  I believe the same applies for Brasil as well.  I have friends who sell internationally and they have had bad experiences with: Italy, Brasil, Russia - so I am sure that others have hence the frequent exclusion.

I also exclude vatican city state since it is within Italy.

Why? Have you had trouble with packages being delivered? I ship to PR all the time with no problems so far.

Takes too long and is sometimes a pain.  Alaska and Hawaii are also premium priced by a few bucks for shipping to those zones.  If I start selling larger profit sets, I might put them back in the pool.  Larger lots that require bigger boxes, I'll exclude them for sure.  I've been doing free shipping Buy It Now listings recently and I just tag on a few bucks to the price for shipping.

It is also very easy for the people in those countries to scam you. I remember when I shipped an iPhone to Italy. There isn't any "tracking" once inside Italy. So if the buyer really did get they're item it more likely then not wouldn't show as delivered due to the postage carriers laziness. If the buyer was out to scam you. None receipt claim is all they need and the seller takes the hit. I also experianced the Same thing with Russia