amazon sent a warning letter

river41

Hello from Amazon.

We are writing because your recent order activity indicates that you may be unaware of our policies regarding purchase limits. To provide more customers with an opportunity to benefit from great prices, we may set purchase limits on products that have very low prices or a limited supply. If a product is subject to a purchase limit, you will be notified during the checkout stage.

Purchase limits are applied per customer. Once you reach a purchase limit for an item, you are no longer eligible to purchase the item with any other Amazon.com account.

We wanted to bring this policy to your attention because violations of this policy may result in the closure of your Amazon.com account.

Thank you for choosing Amazon.com.

Regards,

Well not that its good for us but I personally would ban anyone using double accounts to sneak past limits :P no warning!

But ye consider yourself lucky I guess :P Amazon is way more forgiving :D

Guess the campaign really started with LEGO Shop at Home ...

Im curious where it will lead us lol I sense some pissed investors ...

Ugh...Not another company banning resellers. Something tells me that Amazon won't ban you, but they'll just warn you. They don't seem as strict about these things. I don't really know what to make of this email, but if you feel like reading 15 pages on something similar to this, go to http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4686-lego-sh-black-listing-did-you-ever-receive-this-re-sale-warning-from-shop-at-home/?hl=blacklist

interesting, ive never heard of them actually doing anything about purchase limits. Im curious how they knew the accounts were both yours?

they were both shipped to the same address. I didn't really go do anything to hide the fact they were both mine except one was to my wife and her credit card and one was to me

Ugh...Not another company banning resellers. Something tells me that Amazon won't ban you, but they'll just warn you. They don't seem as strict about these things. I don't really know what to make of this email, but if you feel like reading 15 pages on something similar to this, go to http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4686-lego-sh-black-listing-did-you-ever-receive-this-re-sale-warning-from-shop-at-home/?hl=blacklist

But i read stories Amazon banning people...

they were both shipped to the same address. I didn't really go do anything to hide the fact they were both mine except one was to my wife and her credit card and one was to me

I know someone who bought so many ninjago golden dragon sets that they were permanently banned from buying that specific set on amazon.

Hopefully amazon continues to enforce on an item by item basis and not full bans on folks who are using a single account. Multi-accounting is another issue that is obviously against their ToC. Buying too much lego - is that a ToC violation now?

Unlike S@H, Amazon clearly stated purchase limits on their site and expect everyone to follow it.  Due to their prices, Amazon is known to put strict limit of purchase on their most popular items.  This is NOT unique to purchasing LEGO at Amazon.  Just be smart and follow their rules. 

Amazon often has the best prices so loosing access to this site is a much severe consequences than loosing access to S@H.

ETA: Also unlike S@H, Amazon usually sends a few warnings before permanent ban so please heed their request.

• Like 1

Unlike LEGO Shop at Home, Amazon clearly stated purchase limits on their site and expect everyone to follow it.  Due to their prices, Amazon is known to put strict limit of purchase on their most popular items.  This is NOT unique to purchasing LEGO at Amazon.  Just be smart and follow their rules. 

Amazon often has the best prices so loosing access to this site is a much severe consequences than loosing access to LEGO Shop at Home.

i completely agree

I  just wanted to put it out there so everyone should be aware of this. For all those that think amazon would never ban you just google amazon banned me and see how many results come back.

I know there are plenty of people that have multiple accounts. I just had 2 and very very rarely used the second one .It had to be a really great sale. I have now closed my second account and never plan on re-opening a second one because it would just be plain stupid.For all those that consistently use a second account they may never even receive a warning letter and just get the boot. I have no idea but the facts are that I received this letter so they are monitoring it. 

Unlike LEGO Shop at Home, Amazon clearly stated purchase limits on their site and expect everyone to follow it.  Due to their prices, Amazon is known to put strict limit of purchase on their most popular items.  This is NOT unique to purchasing LEGO at Amazon.  Just be smart and follow their rules. 

Amazon often has the best prices so loosing access to this site is a much severe consequences than loosing access to LEGO Shop at Home.

ETA: Also unlike LEGO Shop at Home, Amazon usually sends a few warnings before permanent ban so please heed their request.

Yeah I don't mess around with Amazon. I completely understand their view on it because they have special sales. I agree with not letting people buy more than a certain amount.

They probably do IP checks, etc. to tell if its same person.

It's a form letter---got one to my wifes account.  That was the account I posted about last week.  Bought 2 hanuted houses, and an akham--tried several time to buy a couple more--and couldn't.  Went to my own account, and was limited to 1--which I bought.

Amazon does definitely ban buying accounts at times. The people I know of were for making too many returns. Amazon doesn't like that at all.

I'm very careful with our Amazon account - to the point that I never return unless the item is actually damaged or defective. If it works but I just changed my mind, I sell it at a slight loss used on eBay. 

Was there any discussion that both Lego LEGO Shop at Home and Amazon were actually correct in determining who was a reseller?

I'd be concerned if they were banning someone who just innocently bought 5 sets as gifts for his extended family and doesn't know anything about potential resale value in the future.

Otherwise, you reap what you sow aka buying 50 funhouses or using mulitple accounts to load up on Minecraft sets is just really making yourself a big and easy target.