21012 - Sydney Opera House

TheLegoGuido

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Right now it is OOS online, but you can get it in store, if the Walmart has it in stock [obviously].

Interesting - I bought one online just before I posted. I guess they didnt have many left. With the big Creator one coming out I wonder if they will retire this one early.

Interesting - I bought one online just before I posted. I guess they didnt have many left. With the big Creator one coming out I wonder if they will retire this one early.

It's pretty hard to tell how long Architecture sets last, since only a few have retired, one of them immediately remade under a different name (Sears Tower -> Willis Tower), the John Hancock Building, and the Asian Temple that I can't spell?

It's pretty hard to tell how long Architecture sets last, since only a few have retired, one of them immediately remade under a different name (Sears Tower -> Willis Tower), the John Hancock Building, and the Asian Temple that I can't spell?

I could be completely wrong, but I feel like the less popular, slower selling Architecture sets get retired much quicker than the more popular ones.  This seems to sometimes be the case with other themes as well.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

OK... retired. So now what are the prospects for this set?  I saw a couple at my local Books a Million... $40 - 20% off coupon + tax = $34.16 each.  Worth it now?  I guess I'd like it if it were going to $75 in the next 6 months or so... but I just don't have patience to hold a set like this for years.  So... deal, or no deal?

OK... retired. So now what are the prospects for this set?  I saw a couple at my local Books a Million... $40 - 20% off coupon + tax = $34.16 each.  Worth it now?  I guess I'd like it if it were going to $75 in the next 6 months or so... but I just don't have patience to hold a set like this for years.  So... deal, or no deal?

​selling for $52 on amazon already

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, Brian92007 said:

I saw 3 Sydney opera house at my local target store for 39.99. I didn't get them I might go back and get a couple if there still there. You guys think is a good investment. Let me know much appreciated. 

If you sell them tomorrow on Ebay you will have doubled your money. What´s not to like about that?

• Like 1

On 6/7/2016 at 9:44 PM, Val-E said:

I sold a few for more than 100 euros last xmas and also picked up a few more for RRP. When big brother 10234 retires, one can expect this set to be worth 150 or more, similar to Guggenheim or Farnsworth.

Why the link? I think 21012 has hit the plateau already