Tower Bridge...

149 posts in this topic

Posted

I have never had any packaging damage from them. I have had missing items but the packaging around them has been fine.

My Lego store said last week that it could be around to the end of 2014.

If only Lego employees actually knew... lol. But who knows?

Posted

I think exclusives (in general) are getting a longer than usual life-span. This will become the new norm to combat stories like that kid who wanted a train set but the secondary market price was too much so Lego gave him one. Thus. I see this and other good selling exclusive sets going 4-5 years before retirement.

Investors should be wary. Smaller profits will occur if this happens.

Posted

If only Lego employees actually knew... lol. But who knows?

I'll tell you when we'll know...... January 2015 :D

Posted

werid that they would go for $299.99. they are available on LEGO Shop at Home

Posted

Personally, I hope the SOH does well, but I think it is ugly.  I don't see the appeal in it.  Maybe that will help you guys with it, but yeah TB, retire, gogoggo i need storage space. 

Secondly, LoL those multiple paragraph posts, I'm so lazy I skip over them

Posted

I picked up 2 TB's yesterday (which happened to be the last 2 in the store) and the guy at the Lego store said that they were not getting anymore TB's in - he eluded to he fact that this was being replaced by the SOH.

They say that all the time and can only take it with a grain of salt.

Posted

They say that all the time and can only take it with a grain of salt.

Also true, half of them there are pretty nitwit like

Posted

That is the word now Tower Bridge and haunted House Dec 2014,But All it would take is Retiring soon on the Lego site and these to sets would shoot up past $500 very fast and keep rising.

Posted

It wouldn't surprise me if they get rid of that retiring soon tag sometime soon.  If they don't want us to benefit (which they don't) they would remove it.  If they want to benefit and not have us benefit, then generate rumors that arn't true. And if they want us to benefit, and them not so much, make a crawler and let everyone know it will only have 20K produced.

1 person likes this

Posted

Didn't take the chance.... I bought 2 from Lego.ca  I already have one built at my place but I want to stock a bit for future selling. Landmarks sets are known to be always sure shots don't they? :)

Posted

That is the word now Tower Bridge and haunted House Dec 2014,But All it would take is Retiring soon on the Lego site and these to sets would shoot up past $500 very fast and keep rising.

To be quite honest, I don't mind that LEGO isn't retiring the TB quite yet. It's a great set, and definitely deserves a longer-ish production run! Thanks for the info, Emazers.

Posted

it is a great set but i don't see why it would need a 4 year production run

Posted

It wouldn't surprise me if they get rid of that retiring soon tag sometime soon.  If they don't want us to benefit (which they don't) they would remove it.  If they want to benefit and not have us benefit, then generate rumors that arn't true. And if they want us to benefit, and them not so much, make a crawler and let everyone know it will only have 20K produced.

I don't think there is a reason to get rid of it. It is not used like you would think now. Honestly they use ti to ramp up sales on a certain set and get others out of stock.

Posted

out of stock again on Lego.com

Posted

target 299.99

amazon not in stock

walmart not in stock

lego.com 239.99 (out of stock)

1 person likes this

Posted

target 299.99

amazon not in stock

walmart not in stock

lego.com 239.99 (out of stock)

My lego store has them, but i got mine already.

Posted

i would have thought that with the 10234 coming out, they would get rid of it. i guess not. it is quite a set though! - i built it when it first came out.. loved it!

Posted

Back out Lego Aug 29th. If the Tower Bridge is retiring at the end of the year, don't worry pretty sure Lego will have plenty til then.

Posted

Back out Lego Aug 29th. If the Tower Bridge is retiring at the end of the year, don't worry pretty sure Lego will have plenty til then.

There are plenty on Ebay

Posted

Don't worry if I think the haunted House and Tower Bridge are done this year, I will spend about 5 grand each on both. But we got plenty of time, so be ready just is case. "But like I said my friend showed me 2 phone picture messages from lego's catalog showing the Haunted House and Tower Bridge say retiring Dec 2014. So I don't believe anything anymore, no let me change that if I can get a hold of the 2014 Wholesale catalog, which will be in january then I do believe that catalog. So Sept get a few Volkswagen Campers for the free mini, these 2 will make a great ebay combo auction. Ed

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't worry if I think the haunted House and Tower Bridge are done this year, I will spend about 5 grand each on both. But we got plenty of time, so be ready just is case. "But like I said my friend showed me 2 phone picture messages from lego's catalog showing the Haunted House and Tower Bridge say retiring Dec 2014. So I don't believe anything anymore, no let me change that if I can get a hold of the 2014 Wholesale catalog, which will be in january then I do believe that catalog. So Sept get a few Volkswagen Campers for the free mini, these 2 will make a great ebay combo auction. Ed

Gonna do that.

Posted

I was thinking that too.  Selling the camper later w/ the polybag.  Pretty combo.

Posted

Gonna do that.

Unfortunately the camper is one of those sets you have to pay RRP for, unlike the Sopwith Camel which is discounted at amazon.

But you could set off your mini VWs to offset the cost of the big one. They may go for

Posted

Hi all, Tower Bridge out of stock in the shop@home in France... perhaps a sign for OEL very soon