Disney Princess 2014

boxofcorey

Wow...I am amazed by the pure number of refreshment stands in the girl lines. Falafel cart please!

Actually I'm not totally clear what this stand is supposed to be. One croissant and a bunch of flowers? It also looks like this cart can be hitched to something (Maybe Stephanie's tractor?). Unlike Emma's Ice Cream Cart, which she has to push herself.

Ditto on a Frozen set! Ice palace, ice palace...

• Like 1

Yeah, I am waiting for a sale on the tower as it's the only set my daughter wants. I wonder how long it will be before they make a frozen set... Disney was completely unprepared for the popularity of Frozen.

Well no Frozen set until at least 2015 right? Since the 2014 sets have already been announced? Or would Lego announce new sets mid-year?

Well no Frozen set until at least 2015 right? Since the 2014 sets have already been announced? Or would Lego announce new sets mid-year?

I am hoping for another wave near summer!

edit: I was looking for more info on eurobricks and apparently lego isn't allowed to include the villians in the disney princess sets??

Also apparently the frozen girls aren't actually disney princesses yet as they haven't been inaugurated yet... Wtf? I didn't know there was an actual list of disney princesses.. Apparently there is an official ceremony they do...

I am hoping for another wave near summer!

edit: I was looking for more info on eurobricks and apparently lego isn't allowed to include the villians in the disney princess sets??

Also apparently the frozen girls aren't actually disney princesses yet as they haven't been inaugurated yet... Wtf? I didn't know there was an actual of disney princesses.. Apparently there is an official ceremony they do...

Princess is not a word taken lightly!

• 2 weeks later...

I just came across this random image for a Disney Princess polybag, Rapunzel at the Marketplace (30116). I haven't the foggiest as to why she is in the marketplace but at least it isn't another Ice Cream Stand. Ha. :blum: Those are some odd wheels though.

30116_main.jpg

The Brick Fan has reported Joe Meno of Brick Journal finding this polybag at Walmart retailing for $3.99.

-------Sorry, for some reason I can't get the multiquote to work, but reply is to the post above about the Disney anti-villain stance...--------

That is interesting but totally makes sense, in that these are marketed to a pretty young female demographic.  Disney doesn't want evil creeping into their Princess line...

^ Didn't Disney have their own villains line ? I seemed to remember seeing trinkets featuring Ursula, evil step mother, Malevocent(sp?) etc

Disney sells villian crap but apparently lego isn't allowed to use them in the princess line. Maybe they need a villian line. An ursula maxifig would be cool.

^ Didn't Disney have their own villains line ? I seemed to remember seeing trinkets featuring Ursula, evil step mother, Malevocent(sp?) etc

Yes they did! There was a ton of merch in that line. Also a line of limited edition collector's dolls too. I'm wondering if there will be a resurgence with the Maleficent movie coming out this year.

-------Sorry, for some reason I can't get the multiquote to work, but reply is to the post above about the Disney anti-villain stance...--------

That is interesting but totally makes sense, in that these are marketed to a pretty young female demographic. Disney doesn't want evil creeping into their Princess line...

Really? But villains are what makes fairy tale princesses what they are! Disney villains certainly show up in non Lego playsets.