light brix sunset island

Someone bought my son a lightbricks helicopter for Christmas. The lights are the ONLY thing going for this product.

Instructions are hard to follow, pieces don't fit or say together well, and you can't really build anything different with the pieces other than just putting pieces together haphazardly. These new friends look a likes might be a more versatile but this is just a shameless rip-off and I know for sure the quality will be will below even mega bloks.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7qaQ/cra-z-art-lite-brix-sunset-island

Here's an ad for the sets (sorry can't embed). Pretty pathetic how shamelessly these companies copy Lego. Even Pepsi had the sense to not make their packaging the same color as Coke's...

I found a similar advert on youtube to embed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE18a567ZD0

Besides the pretty epileptic seizure inducing flashing lights, there is very little of worth here. There will always be copycats of great products and I realize competition is a good thing but the knockoffs need to offer something of quality all around aside from a 'unique' concept.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I had a chance to see a display of these and exactly like akohns stated the lights are the only thing going for these at all. The flickers and sparkles going off and on throughout the various colored parts are like "Oh, pretty!" and maybe the little characters are cute but I would never in a gazillion years touch these with a forty seven foot pole. :nono:

I wonder...Would I be beat up if I said that I thought they were a great concept? Well, I'm not going to find out. I really don't like these blow-off construction toys, especially now that Target, Walmart and other stores are lending hard-earned LEGO shelfspace to other plastic lumps. If you're gonna sell me plastic lumps, make 'em good!