10233 - Horizon Express

fxdl96

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Toy story army men on patrol? lol wtf?

Hoping I can get rid of my last two of these for €200 pretty soon. Sold one for €220 shipped overseas last month.

1 minute ago, tractorboy said:

Toy story army men on patrol? lol wtf?

Hoping I can get rid of my last two of these for €200 pretty soon. Sold one for €220 shipped overseas last month.

The lowballers are coming out of the woodwork so I think Ciglione may have been right. Not before this xmas.

Still, the longer we go without another new train, the better its chances are.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Val-E said:

The lowballers are coming out of the woodwork so I think Ciglione may have been right. Not before this xmas.

Still, the longer we go without another new train, the better its chances are.

It is not only the lowballers. It is the availability. Once supplies have dried up I foresee a very bright future for this set.

Should have bought more.

It has taken the Maersk 10219 and Emerald Night 10194, a while to heat up, but they have.  I don't know where the Horizon ranks in the recent creator trains, individuals have their own aesthetic preferences, but it is the best modern high speed we have had. 

Edited by junkrigger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sure thing. This set was already a winner when it came out. City, especially trains, is a very popular theme. And this is one awesome train. Hence, you even need two of them to let it meet its full potential. You can compare it to 7745 High Speed Passenger Train. Which to be honoust was even better. Lucky to own a 7745 still from my youth.

Shame I did not buy more of these. This is a perfect example of a set you can keep in your locked closet for two years and you will die laughing.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have 1x Horizon Express built, and would like to acquire another to go with it. Looking on bricklink, I can't decide whether it would be cheaper to buy a new, sealed set, or purchase all the parts separately. Or should I be looking to ebay/elsewhere for a used one? I always worry that used might come really used - overly dirty/scratched/discoloured/etc.

What do people think?