Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

eBay Canada offered the bucks for about 3 or 4 months back in 2013 and then cancelled it. The only country that gets eBay promotions is the US.

The Target clearances weren't as hot as everyone thinks (much of the good LEGO product was moved out of the store prior to or was snapped up by stupid clearance shoppers at 10% off) and it was a one shot deal. You guys get rounds and rounds of clearances with Walmart and Target and FM and TRU credit card award programs and SYW points and etc. None of that exists up north...

So yeah, we get Air Miles cash (which is OK but not great) and the chance to scoop up a few retired products that may linger a little longer at TRU Canada at prices above MSRP and a higher tax rate. Sounds like a fair trade to me... :victory:

<and just so it's not mistaken, I am just following up your sarcasm with my own :)>

Since you brought up FM AND this is the complaint thread...What is there like only 5 or 6 states with FMers! Ugh! Every time I read about their discounts I get nauseous...

• Like 1

My wife called me the other day and said she got an email with a 25% off coupon for Legoland (California).  I was busy at work, so I couldn't grill her for details.  But my mind immediately jumped to "dang!  What exclusives do I want to pick up?"  Thoughts of $300 DSs danced through my head (among other sets that I would be carry back to the car).

About an hour later, I call her back, and she breaks the news to me - it's 25% off a ROOM at the Legoland Hotel!

Don't toy with me like that woman! 

• Like 3

My wife called me the other day and said she got an email with a 25% off coupon for Legoland (California).  I was busy at work, so I couldn't grill her for details.  But my mind immediately jumped to "dang!  What exclusives do I want to pick up?"  Thoughts of $300 DSs danced through my head (among other sets that I would be carry back to the car).

About an hour later, I call her back, and she breaks the news to me - it's 25% off a ROOM at the Legoland Hotel!

Don't toy with me like that woman! 

So did she say if she used the coupon or not? :ducking:

• Like 1

Guest betsy805

Bad week for selling.  Got 2 orders marked as 'delivered' via usps with buyers claiming they haven't received them, an ebay return where the buyer totally jacked some pieces from the set, AND a buyer that's complaining about my $2 minimum before I even ship his order.  Sometimes customer service just sucks.

Bad week for selling.  Got 2 orders marked as 'delivered' via usps with buyers claiming they haven't received them, an ebay return where the buyer totally jacked some pieces from the set, AND a buyer that's complaining about my $2 minimum before I even ship his order.  Sometimes customer service just sucks.

The phantom usps delivered issue has been getting out of hand the last few months. Usually show up a few days later but does suck. Have had a good 25+ the last few months. 

The phantom usps delivered issue has been getting out of hand the last few months. Usually show up a few days later but does suck. Have had a good 25+ the last few months. 

adding to that; after the price bump ;) and the all first class tracking looks like USPS is overwhelmed. They are even missing my Next Day Priority Express...

seeing delay in delivery by good 3-4 days not sure if its the volume or they are upgrading systems for routing. I am seeing lot of packages destined for IL ending up in IN and taking another week to get to chicago, IL.

Good news is all of them have been delivered so far so good!!!!

I want to complain about the fact I wasted 3 hours last night watching Transformers: Age of Extinction.  I will never get that time back!  

I want to complain about people complaining about wasting time watching Transformers, as if that's the most shocking revelation in their lives :lol:

• Like 1

I want to complain about the fact I wasted 3 hours last night watching Transformers: Age of Extinction.  I will never get that time back!  

I would complain about that, too! I won't let my husband put it on when it's his turn to pick the movie. He will have to watch that one alone. :boredom:

I'll take Ed's cue and add a complaint

When your son wants to know if the set you are in the process of purchasing is for playing or for selling in front of the Lego store manager.  :mda:

Our code is whether or not a set is for the basement. My son will ask "is this for the basement?" A no means we are selling. Yes, and we are keep in it for ourselves.
  • Like 1

He's not old enough to speak in code. He's very binary. Only acceptable answers are yes or no. I thought about playing dumb and pretending that I didn't hear the question, but realized he'd ask again, louder. I couldn't get out of there quick enough.

• Like 2

He's not old enough to speak in code. He's very binary. Only acceptable answers are yes or no. I thought about playing dumb and pretending that I didn't hear the question, but realized he'd ask again, louder. I couldn't get out of there quick enough.

Thankfully my son will ask that question before we get to checkout. But, he's very loud. I can't wait for school to start so I can shop without him!

When I was in a Lego store with my wife a few months ago, I was trying to figure out which $200-300 set to buy; she started talking out loud about which was most likely to rise in value with an employee right next to where we were.  I had to have a talk with her once we got out of there!

• Like 1

When I was in a Lego store with my wife a few months ago, I was trying to figure out which $200-300 set to buy; she started talking out loud about which was most likely to rise in value with an employee right next to where we were.  I had to have a talk with her once we got out of there!

what is the recommendation from the employee? 

• Like 2