Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

Hard to tell if it's retired at this point. It'll become more clear in a day or two. I don't think it's disappeared off the face of the earth, they'll still be some kicking about.

It could be glitch, but Delorean didn't hang around for long, as Lucifer said.

Next one to stock up on would be the birds if this one is EOL

Don´t panic! There is no way they sold all that stock in one day - I bet it´s crazy uncle at the wheel of the hyperlink truck again.

What I would say is that when they do such a large restock compared to previous ones it could mean that this is the final run - It´s something I am following on the data to see if there are any patterns - do regular small restocks mean no eol in sight and big ones like that of ecto or EV mean the end is near? Or maybe there just isn´t any logic.

• Like 1

There is the white boba fett available when we purchase the Lego Star Wars Character Encyclopedia for $20 bucks at Big W, a saving of $10. Last time I see it at ebay it cost $35 not including shipping. For what its worth, Kmart is selling theirs for $22.

I'll be away for a week (going away bush for the next 7 days) but I'll leave you all with a juicy bit of info as a present :D

Santa's Workshop hasn't been retired and will be a Toyworld exclusive WEF JUN 15. I seen a poster in store today advertising its arrival. PR will also be available Jun as well.

Edited by Lucifersfury
  • Like 1

Just checked the US Lego website for all the current star wars products and under the range there is no direct listing for the death star, rather the Ewok village continues to be shown. In a direct  'Death Star' search it is shown alongside some star wars retired products like mil falcon.  I am starting to think it is going to go shortly. 

Just checked the US Lego website for all the current star wars products and under the range there is no direct listing for the death star, rather the Ewok village continues to be shown. In a direct  'Death Star' search it is shown alongside some star wars retired products like mil falcon.  I am starting to think it is going to go shortly. 

​Yep I think this will be going very soon, rumours have been there will a new one released this year.

So did anyone end up buying anything form the May the 4th promo? I was really hanging our for some discounts on red 5 or sandcrawler :(

Admiral Yularen minifig is not tempting enough to buy sets at full price, anyone else agree?

frankly speaking over here in this part of the world, we have been "overlook" once again by TLG. Yes we do have target giving us 20% discount off Star Wars sets, or TRU with their BOGO 50% also including star wars. but somehow TLG giving the rest of the world like US and UK 10% discount etc but not us just leave a poor taste in the mouth.

Anyway i am not getting any this round. spend quite a bit a few weeks and months ago. Wonder how about the rest of the brickpickers done so far?

Anyone?

DJs Amex has a promotion - 40 bucks back if you spend 200 or more online. 160 buck fairground mixers anyone?

I use my card as a line of credit. Coles, Woolies and BP give you triple points. 13,300 points and you get a hundji to spend at DJs. I see it as free Lego really.

O.K guys should know that there is nothing for free in the retail industry. In any given deal the business will always factor in all costs.  What you will have to do is  determine whether the deal suits your pocket given the marketing ploy, spend here, save there, get our credit card and we will offer you forty dollars off..... Ideally the retail industry want you to return to buy more product/service to increase their annual profit so it could cost you more in the long run than say for example if you buy it at the r.r.p at another store. Anyway, thanks for spotting the deal. Will investigate further.

Dunno if it's really free, there's a $300 annual fee on the card, do you really get that much back in rewards annually? 

​$300? This card is $100 yearly fee, a third of that. The Platinum only has the 295 buck annual fee. I got the black one.

They gave me a 'welcome bonus' of 30,000 points after activating it and making three purchases - mine were fuel, groceries and some Simpsons S1 minifigs ( you have to make them in the 1st month). Got it just the other week. I crunched the numbers and I stand to get $500+ in DJs gift card money over 12 months if I use it for most purchases. Triple points for Coles, Woolies and major petrol stations, Double points at DJs and 1 point for every dollar spent elsewhere.

I've been doing it for years with other cards. Spend up and pay it off in the interest free period. If you can manage that, you benefit.

Edited by mike_eldorado
  • Like 2

Ah my bad, $100 is very reasonable. How often do they have these kinds of promotions?

​It seems to be atm I guess. I was at a David Jones on the other side of town about 10 days ago. It was during the 20% off Myer sale. She offered to price match their 20% on any Lego I bought there, and while I was smooshing minifigs sold me on it. With the Black card, you normally get the 'welcome bonus' of 15,000 points, but she managed to get me double (30,000 of them). They came up on the statement added onto my 3rd Amex purchase in two lots.

Anyway, you can choose membership rewards or Qantas rewards. Membership rewards are where it's at. Points can be redeemed for Coles, Bunnings, fuel and other store vouchers (no Target or Kmart), even to pay off the card at the rate of 15,000 per 100 dollars, and David Jones gift cards at the rate of 13,300 per 100 dollar voucher.

• Like 1

​It seems to be atm I guess. I was at a David Jones on the other side of town about 10 days ago. It was during the 20% off Myer sale. She offered to price match their 20% on any Lego I bought there, and while I was smooshing minifigs sold me on it. With the Black card, you normally get the 'welcome bonus' of 15,000 points, but she managed to get me double (30,000 of them). They came up on the statement added onto my 3rd Amex purchase in two lots.

Anyway, you can choose membership rewards or Qantas rewards. Membership rewards are where it's at. Points can be redeemed for Coles, Bunnings, fuel and other store vouchers (no Target or Kmart), even to pay off the card at the rate of 15,000 per 100 dollars, and David Jones gift cards at the rate of 13,300 per 100 dollar voucher.

​Thanks for all the info, I'm going to look into it.