Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

Who do you guys use for a courier on the large sets. Aust post are too dear. Anyone know a courier that doesn't cube weight?

​Probably out of luck mate, they all use Cubic weight as that's what their charged against as well. Austpost has always been cheaper for me compared to other couriers (unless your a mega customer). 

Office works has started a courier arm, however they are limited to 10kg (physical) and maximum length of 50cm, and from what i have read they're dirt cheap.

Was anyone else able to grab some Pirate Chess sets before they sold out again? I nabbed 3 and was going to grab some more tonight and I noticed that they're gone again. I think they would of been available for a small window.

I'm hoping that they are the new RI :D

Edited by Lucifersfury

Yeah, I also noticed that their prices keep changing, was going to grab heaps of the Police Mobile unit but online is $20, inshore is $39 :(

​I was actually referring to the $100 SSD's and Red 5's they had on their site last night... unavailable of course. Looks like they have all been removed now. 

Got my Entertainment Book again this year, and I noticed you are able to purchase David Jones e-gift cards at 10% off. Combine this with a 20% off sale and you're getting some great savings on retail prices... Now if only they'd hurry up and get some more exclusives in!

• Like 1

Got my Entertainment Book again this year, and I noticed you are able to purchase David Jones e-gift cards at 10% off. Combine this with a 20% off sale and you're getting some great savings on retail prices... Now if only they'd hurry up and get some more exclusives in!

Nice, I might have to resign up for another year. Do they give you an indication on how long it is before you receive the cards, or is it email GC? I have an AMEX offer which is $40 off $200 spend, so I'm chomping at the bit for a 20% off sale as well :)

I wonder how long it is before they have the Ferris-wheel in stock, my wife wants it but I can't justify paying $280 for a set I know will eventually be 20%.

The Spider-man jumper doesn't make it worth it through LEGO.

​Where do you get this Entertainment book? What do you have to do to get it? 

​Probably out of luck mate, they all use Cubic weight as that's what their charged against as well. Austpost has always been cheaper for me compared to other couriers (unless your a mega customer). 

Office works has started a courier arm, however they are limited to 10kg (physical) and maximum length of 50cm, and from what i have read they're dirt cheap.

​Yes . I have been using office works - for medium sized parcels. Thankyou. 

Time to get the wallet out peoples, myer super sat sale tmrw

​Sale is active online, had a quick look and was quite disappointed with the lacklustre selection. I think i'll hold out for a BOGOF50/60% off sale to pick up some of the new F1 series, but nothing else jumps out at the moment :(

​Sale is active online, had a quick look and was quite disappointed with the lacklustre selection. I think i'll hold out for a BOGOF50/60% off sale to pick up some of the new F1 series, but nothing else jumps out at the moment :(

Ring around, PC and S1 are kicking about.

Just grabbed a DO and a Duplo Big Train for $210 after GCs from previous purchases. 

Had Slaves, but I loathe LEGO SWs, I can't win with the theme. Although I do have a 2014 LEGO SW Advent Calendar that may be able to make a quick buck off.

Had some more DOs but I couldn't justify as it was the latest Modular and will not be going anywhere anytime soon.

​Where did you get them from? thanks

Just grabbed a DO and a Duplo Big Train for $210 after GCs from previous purchases. 

Had Slaves, but I loathe LEGO SWs, I can't win with the theme. Although I do have a 2014 LEGO SW Advent Calendar that may be able to make a quick buck off.

Had some more DOs but I couldn't justify as it was the latest Modular and will not be going anywhere anytime soon.

I got em from Myer 9:00am bricks and mortar style fighting off kids and the like. All true apart from the kids bit.

Slave 1 ftw! It's just too recently released for me. It's just not on my priority list atm. If I had a bigger budget, I would've grabbed a few. It looks big, and beautiful. I'll definitely buy one to build at some stage. Minifigs in it are awesome too.

Feel the force Lucifer.... you can't lose at 20% off UCS. UCS is not normal SW. I'm sure you haven't lucked out on any of those. I know you are not a SW fan, but I gotta tell ya, SW fan boys go gaga over the S1.

17981121242_91edec7850_o.jpg

Edited by mike_eldorado
  • Like 1

I got em from Myer 9:00am bricks and mortar style fighting off kids and the like. All true apart from the kids bit.

Slave 1 ftw! It's just too recently released for me. It's just not on my priority list atm. If I had a bigger budget, I would've grabbed a few. It looks big, and beautiful. I'll definitely buy one to build at some stage. Minifigs in it are awesome too.

Feel the force Lucifer.... you can't lose at 20% off UCS. UCS is not normal SW. I'm sure you haven't lucked out on any of those. I know you are not a SW fan, but I gotta tell ya, SW fan boys go gaga over the S1.

17981121242_91edec7850_o.jpg

That's a nice set-up, a vast contrast to the first Myer I was at. I headed after lunch to another one and all their sets were loaded onto a pallet and it was only me and a guy feeling through the Simpons Minifigures there.

Alright Mike, I'll may make a Slave purchase on your recommendation (one day), I do regret not picking up any R2D2 when they were available. Had a look on Bricking around and we're being referred to as "unscrupulous"

• Like 1

​Alright Mike, I'll may make a Slave purchase on your recommendation (one day), I do regret not picking up any R2D2 when they were available. Had a look on Bricking around and we're being referred to as "unscrupulous"

​R2-D2 is an absolute winner, I don't have any doubts about the Slave1 either, it just might be a little early to be stocking up on this set right now.

I think that situation they are talking about with the reseller clearing out an entire Myer of exclusives is what gives resellers a bad name, and I would never buy more than my "fair share" in one hit, not if it means other people missing out, but that's just me I guess. I don't do this for a living, it's just a hobby, but I guess those that do it as a way of paying bills will do whatever they can to maximise profits.

​R2-D2 is an absolute winner, I don't have any doubts about the Slave1 either, it just might be a little early to be stocking up on this set right now.

I think that situation they are talking about with the reseller clearing out an entire Myer of exclusives is what gives resellers a bad name, and I would never buy more than my "fair share" in one hit, not if it means other people missing out, but that's just me I guess. I don't do this for a living, it's just a hobby, but I guess those that do it as a way of paying bills will do whatever they can to maximise profits.

​IMO I am also an AFOL at heart. I love the hobby. When I buy up, I usually don't buy more than two of any large exclusive set at once. I am however, governed by a modest budget , which constrains the amount of large sets I can buy at sales.

I know that some people do this to put bread on the table, but I hate the idea of a soulless reseller who doesn't even build and comes into every Myer and buys up 10 sets of a modular/ UCS, leaving everyone with nothing. I have heard of some Myers limiting purchases to 3 or even 1 item per person, and I find that much more equitable.

But yea, Lucifer. those type of comments are very typical of posts in Bricking around.