10237 - Tower of Orthanc

I doubt it will be as tiny as the black gate but I am not holding my breath. On the other hand, I can't say I have ever been too thrilled with the size that Lego sets come out to be, I have only been impressed with a few star wars sets like the falcon and star destroyers, Eiffel tower and maybe a handful of others. I really tend to like things that are minifig scale, when they shrink down, I start to get all out of whack, I know all Lego sets are miniature even for the figs, but I can take a good deal of it as their world is a bit distorted and is "lego" world. Personally, I would only be happy if it was as large as the eiffel tower, and that was 3' tall, from what I have heard, orthanc will be just over 2' tall and that size isn't something that really excites me considering that all it is is a tower, it is tall...thats it...nothing else is going on.

I hope it's 6 feet tall and made of 6,000 pieces. But I know realistically that won't happen. If it is 2 foot or smaller you could always by more than 1 and make it bigger. I do hope it gets a proper UCS treatment and comes through with more info soon.

I hope it's 6 feet tall and made of 6,000 pieces. But I know realistically that won't happen. If it is 2 foot or smaller you could always by more than 1 and make it bigger. I do hope it gets a proper UCS treatment and comes through with more info soon.

Ill say it in minifigs height, but to me anything that is ATLEAST a good 20 minifigs high is ok... preferably around 30 minifigs height...

If I remember right the dimensions are supposed to be 28" tall x 6" wide. Put that in perspective with Helm's Deep and it's going to look huge, which in the movie, it is. I really hope they go all out on it and use the piece count for the tower, not for minifigs unless it ends up being an exclusive Grima Wormtongue or something like that.

If I remember right the dimensions are supposed to be 28" tall x 6" wide. Put that in perspective with Helm's Deep and it's going to look huge, which in the movie, it is. I really hope they go all out on it and use the piece count for the tower, not for minifigs unless it ends up being an exclusive Grima Wormtongue or something like that.

Well I hope we get Minifigs with it.

I think 6 minifigs(Saruman, Grima and 4 mordor orcs) and about 1800 bricks all put in a tower would be perfect... and a cost of Haunted house

Agreed. I'd rather the entire piece count go towards the build to make sure it matches the sheer awesomeness of the original, than have the build suffer due to a reduced piece count just to include a couple of minifigures. Still, a Grima Wormtongue or some other great character would help if they went that way.