71000 - Minifigures - Series 9

TheOrcKing

Series 9  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 9?

• Waiter
    • Cyclops
    • Hollwood Starlet
    • Heroic Knight
    • Roman Emperor
    • Policeman
    • Chicken Suit Guy
    • Roller Derby Girl
    • Fortune Teller
    • Judge
    • Alien Avenger
    • Mermaid
    • Battle Mech
    • Mr. Good & Evil
    • Forest Maiden
    • Plumber
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 9?

• Waiter
    • Cyclops
    • Hollywood Starlet
    • Heroic Knight
    • Roman Emperor
    • Policeman
    • Chicken Suit Guy
    • Roller Derby Girl
    • Fortune Teller
    • Judge
    • Alien Avenger
    • Mermaid
    • Battle Mech
    • Mr. Good & Evil
    • Forest Maiden
    • Plumber
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 9?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

BrickUltra has a rumored list of the characters that will be in Series 9.

LEGO MINIFIGURES Series 9 rumor - BrickUltra

Here's the source where BrickUltra got it from.

LEGO Series 9 Collectible Minifigures List - The Daily Brick

And for anyone that doesn't feel like clicking on either link here's the list anyway.

(Updated the list with their correct names and the 'previously known as' beside a couple for historical referance or something.)

(Also links added for ease.)

Waiter

Cyclops

Hollywood Starlet

Heroic Knight

Roman Emperor (previously Caesar)

Policeman (previously Downtown Cop)

Chicken Suit Guy

Roller Derby Girl

Fortune Teller

Judge

Alien Avenger (previously Alien Trooper)

Mermaid

Battle Mech

Mr. Good & Evil (previously Dr. Splitz)

Forest Maiden (previously Maid Marion)

Plumber

Rather interesting cast of characters, wouldn't you say? And I practically predicted atleast eight or ten of those designs.

(Don't believe me, check out my MINIFIGURES - Predictions & Design Ideas thread.)

We got the Galaxy Patrol guy AND the upcoming GALAXY SQUAD coming next year, so of course we're getting the Alien Soldier badguy. I thought it'd be a Alien Bug or something, which design wise might still end up being that. Alien Soldier sounds better though than Alien Bug. Predicted him. (or it?)

In the very first series we got Robin Hood (actually he was called Forestman, but that's splitting hairs isn't it?) so here's his female equivalent, the famous damsel in distress. Predicted her.

The Heroic Knight, I SO TOTALLY PREDICTED THIS ONE!!!! RIGHT DOWN TO HIS NAME EXACTLY!!!!

In any case, if he's anywhere near as kickass as the Evil Knight, I am so getting a bunch of him!

I am so glad we are getting the Mermaid already! This is one I really just can not wait to see!

Predicted this lovely lady.

I kinda missed the namesake of the Fortune Teller, but I did predict we would get a lady version of the Series 1 Magician. Fortune Teller does work better honestly.

I haven't got a clue who the heck Dr. Splitz is. Unless that is LEGO's way of doing a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde minifig.

If he is, predicted it!

Judge, yep predicted that one! (Here come the Judge! Here come the Judge! Heh heh!)

I don't know about you but Battle Mech sounds F***ING AWESOME!!!! My closest idea was Cyborg, which may be what this character will look like.

I think that "Glory of Rome" CUUSOO project helped to prompt the Caesar figure. Will be very interesting to see the LEGOized version of this ruler. This will make the third Roman character in the MINIFIGURES line, which would make one think that we just might get a Roman theme of sets in the near future after all!

I wonder which way they went with the Downtown Cop? Namewise sounds like it could be an Undercover Cop or an oldstyle gumshoe (which would fit right next to the Series 5 Gangster). Either way, predicted this one.

Hollywood Starlet could go the same way as the Downtown Cop, recent or timeless. I'm hoping for someone who'll look great with the Gangster. (If so, predicted her too.)

Well, no images will spring up for a while but this list should suffice until then.

So what do you guys think? Anyone catches your attention?

I know I can hardly wait to collect this entire series! (Or any afterwards for that matter!)

Atleast three of them sound like ones that I'll definately get 'extras' of!

I'm not normally very into these collectible mini figures. My favorite part is killing an hour here and there by feeling the bags and trying to determine who is inside. But I am curious to see some of these. My kids will want some of them too, based on the titles. I am eager to see Chicken Suit Guy! :) Please keep us posted if pictures come out or anything.

Caesar!!

This is definitely one of the better investments.

The laurel will be a nice new piece.

I know right! I am really looking forward to seeing him. And yes, that laurel hairpiece will be very nice.

I am eager to see Chicken Suit Guy! :) Please keep us posted if pictures come out or anything.

Oh brother, here comes the chicken man!! Ha ha ha! (But am so curious on that one.)

Trust me, I try to always stay on top of these things.

I was just wondering if the Alien Soldier will fit with next years GALAXY SQUAD theme, or be reminiscient of the aliens from the older UFO theme? Either way is good really.

Oh and (take this one very lightly) someone said the reason we are only getting two series next year is because they will be the last ones. Oh great, its the "NINJAGO being discontinued" s***storm again! Honestly that is a load of crap. There are just WAY too many characters left to do (not to mention numerous redesigns), add the fact of how popular the MINIFIGURES series is and how much money LEGO has made AND still makes (seriously).

I believe we are getting a set of two series every year from now on because LEGO has finally worked out a release schedule that works. Come on, one series at the begining of the year, another around the middle is perfect for everyone. Gives LEGO more time to create better designs and gives us a little financial (and collecting) break. Besides, did the previous release schedule actually work? Before it was rather haphazard, but now it is set and easy to plan for.

32 characters a year, I think is enough for everyone alright?

• 2 weeks later...

In the latest LEGO Club magazine there was an image showing a character from Series 9, "Dr. Splitz".

Although not an actual image, the illustration still gives us a good idea what he'll look like.

Well, he is exactly who I predicted he would be. Basically a Jekyll/Hyde character. I wish they didn't make him look like "Two-Face" though. Would rather have a double sided head or even two different heads. Still very unique.

Attached image of Dr. Splitz

There also was a short video uploaded to youtube November 5th showing what could possibly be the "Alien Trooper". The uploader says it was gift from a friend, of whom does not have the original packaging (big surprise).

LEGO Series 9 Minifigure Alien Trooper - Youtube

I am pleasantly surprised in a way that he's not quite what I imagined. Instead of having anything to do with next year's GALAXY SQUAD theme, he appears to be more of the 'evil' opposite of the "Galaxy Patrol" minifigure from Series 7. The closest thing I can think of that he looks like (face & body printing) is the Predator. I am definately getting a ton of him when Series 9 comes out! I can see people collecting him for his grey helmet alone (great design for MOC's).

• 2 weeks later...

LEGO has posted an image showing 'the backs' of each minifigure from Series 9 on their Facebook and Google+. Hopefully next Monday or so, LEGO will post images of 'the fronts'.

Attached image showing all 16 characters from the back.

Starting from top left to bottom right.

Alien Trooper

Chicken Suit Guy

Downtown Cop

Cyclops

Battle Mech

Fortune Teller

Judge

Heroic Knight

Mermaid

Dr. Splitz

Plumber

Roller Derby Girl

Caesar

Hollywood Starlet

Waiter

Maid Marion

According to WhiteFang of Eurobricks, MINIFIGURES - Series 9 is supposedly available as of today!

It may be a while before we actually see these in stores (or not), I just wanted to give everyone the heads-up and plan on to start looking for these the next time you're out shopping. (I know I will!)

I've attached images of the box, 'mystery bag', and the complete Series 9.

Instead of the old 3,4,5, now it's 2,4,6.

That means a certain minifig is going to be worth 3 times the price right off the bat.

Yep. Besides the ratio, some of their character choices with a higher or lower ratio is a little odd.

I wanted a bunch of the "Waiter" for various MOC reason's, but those guys are at the low end of the spectrum with two per box. Same thing with the "Forest Maiden". Atleast the "Roman Emperor" is in the middle with four per box. I don't know why they have six of the "Cyclops" (could have worked with four).

Oh well, I really like all of the character designs in this Series.

(I keep hearing negative remarks about the "Fortune Teller" though. What's up with that?)

Is this minifig per box ratio a fact?

On average, I think so. In my opinion though, I would believe the 'fig per box' ratio a little easier if WhiteFang had two retailer boxes to compare. I've never been able to buy one of those brand new retailer's box (no idea where I could), so I'll just have to take the guy's word for it.

There's a reason for the new minifig ratio with Series 9 (and possible every series afterwards).

LEGO is now planning on selling smaller retailer's boxes containing half as many mystery bags as the original bigger ones. So instead of 60 mystery bags, each box will now only have 30.

Hence, the new ratio of 2-4-6, in place of the older 3-4-5.

Here's the article on Brickfanatics.

I don't see how this will help anybody really. In the end, all this will do is make even more characters harder to find which in turn will make those become even more valuable!

There's a reason for the new minifig ratio with Series 9 (and possible every series afterwards).

LEGO is now planning on selling smaller retailer's boxes containing half as many mystery bags as the original bigger ones. So instead of 60 mystery bags, each box will now only have 30.

Hence, the new ratio of 2-4-6, in place of the older 3-4-5.

Here's the article on Brickfanatics.

I don't see how this will help anybody really. In the end, all this will do is make even more characters harder to find which in turn will make those become even more valuable!

Hence the term..."collectible." ;-)

I hate the new ratio. It is just going to make it much harder to complete sets and the scalpers will just clean out the rare figures. Figures should be evenly distributed throughout the box. I can only imagine how disappointed kids are going to be when they keep on getting the same figure.

Completely agree with you on every point.

Let's see, first LEGO raises the price of each one by a dollar (A total of 16 before $31.84, now $47.84),

as well as make the unique upc codes disappear and replace them with the wierd 'bump code'.

Then they made the 'bump code' totally inert with Series 8. (I know, I did a big study into this myself)

Now they make the boxes smaller and totally f'up the ratio.

Boy, I just can't wait to see what they are going to do next!

Oy vey....

Atleast for me, (thanks in part to Series 7 & 8) I have become a champion 'smoosher'.

Seriously, I will bet everyone a million dollars that any mystery bag I pick up from any upcoming series of the MINIFIGURES line I will be able to tell exactly what character is in there just from 'feel'.

I s*** you not.

I can hardly wait to get my hands on Series 9! (In a Shao Kahn voice) Mwahahahaha!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know where I can pick up a box of 60 series 9 minifigures? See people getting them already and my hands are itching to hold them myself. :)

I've been wondering where the heck to buy those retailer boxes directly for a while now. Still haven't found anything yet besides looking on Bricklink or eBay and finding some other guy that sells them. (For more than what he/she paid I'm sure....) Oh yeah, and LEGO does not release a box of 60 anymore. Now its a box of 30 with a rather skewed ratio of minifigs that is going to make it a lot harder to find certain characters.

Is anyone finding Series 9 minifigs yet? I was in Target and TRU today and none to be found yet. The LEGO store had them a couple of weeks ago but there were none there last weekend.

Is there a specific release day for these?

Yeah, I was just at both my local Walmart & Target and found nothing. (Not even a space.) I know it takes forever for my Walmart to get the MINIFIGURES at all, but I usually can count on Target getting them. To answer your question on a specific release, all I can say is that they are supposed to be available sometime this month. Course it is only the 4th day of the year so some of us may just have to sit around for a little while longer. :-(

TRU has series 9 briefly online. No longer available now.

Just looked. It says they're only "Sold in Store" currently. I also saw on the main page that there is supposedly some HUGE sale on their LEGO, but when I look everything is listed at what would be considered 'normal' retail by every other store.

I love how on the main page there is a part that says "Why shop anywhere else for toys? Why?"

Gee, I don't know. Maybe cause your prices SUCK!!!!

I'm getting REALLY impatient for the series 9! We managed to find ONE on the floor at the LEGO store in King of Prussia, PA but nothing since. It's a travesty that TRU sells them for MORE than $2.99 and, even worse, I saw them for $3.99(!) at Barnes and Noble...are they on crack? Not cool. I'd love to know when Target is getting them so I can stop calling them... Also, another complaint about TRU is their minifigure inventory. They had series 6 left over and told me the inventories, at three separate stores, were all over 100 units....checked all three area stores...nothing. Are they horrible or do that many really go "missing"??

From what my boss tells me, Lego is a very interesting company. It frustrates him that they sell to Walmart, Target, and TRU all before he can even get anything. His shipment from Lego, which includes series 9, is due to arrive Friday or Monday. Everything is shipped out of Houston if that helps anyone.