Predictions for 2014

spener90

1. The Death Star will live on for another year and be available until at least December.

2. The Architecture Studio will return (too simple to make; white pieces and a book).

3. Chima will not make the year in being produced, but sets will linger at stores.

4. 2 Modulars will be retired (The Grand Emporium, and likely the pet shop, and possibly the town hall)

5. Helm's Deep will end the year valued just below $200 on eBay (not Amazon).  I would like to be wrong about this.

6. May the 4th will bring a deal on the Superstar destroyer, I'm guessing around $300.  

7. We will get our first teaser trailer for Star Wars around Christmas.

Happy new year! To another successful year of investing.

1. The Death Star will live on for another year and be available until at least December.

2. The Architecture Studio will return (too simple to make; white pieces and a book).

3. Chima will not make the year in being produced, but sets will linger at stores.

4. 2 Modulars will be retired (The Grand Emporium, and likely the pet shop, and possibly the town hall)

5. Helm's Deep will end the year valued just below $200 on eBay (not Amazon).  I would like to be wrong about this.

6. May the 4th will bring a deal on the Superstar destroyer, I'm guessing around $300.  

1. Very true. The Death Star will live on for quite some time now.

2. I am not sure about the return of the Architecture Studio.

3. Not sure about Chima.

4. My prediction is that the Grand Emporium will retire. Not sure about a second modular.

5. Probably going to happen.

6. I want TLG to do another 50% off sale. This time on the SSD.

7.Most likely going to happen.

I think the Architecture Studio is done, but TLG will release the book as a stand alone volume.

IMO, I do not think that TLG would release just the book. The book is a main part of the set. All the white pieces in the set you can find in a variety of other sets. The book is why people want the set.

I could say it may because of its short run and wonderful book too good to make so few of. Other than that, it was a unique specialty item giving way to having a limited run if it stays sold out.

Somehow I doubt this second year of Chima sets will linger much as the first year offerings did. Have you seen Spinlyn's Cavern?

You say two but then list three. :P Fire Brigade is gone (I guess) so next up should be Grand Emporium and that's it.

In honor of "May the 4th", the Superstar Destroyer will be $4 off. :lol:

Santa's Workshop Christmas Village

If Lego does not come out with this set, I'll build my own dang it! :hyper:

1. Why would it retire? agreed.

2. Maybe - but you have to wonder why it was gone this long...

3. Not a chance. this theme is here for the long haul and sets are not lingering in my stores. This theme is staying.

4. You would hope so, but I really doubt it the way things are going. PLus the Fire Brigade is probably done. That would make 3.

5. Helms deep - tough to say, but if it is still a Christmas present type gift next year, I think it will hit above $200. This year, you could get $150 for them once they were gone. Still, I would be ok with $200. If in two years it is $250, I have more than doubled my money which I can deal with.

6. I would love it. At the same time, if they never freaking retire it, why lock up all this capital.

7. Maybe even earlier. lol.

The BttF set will bear the mark of "retiring soon" early October, but will sadly linger until the end of 2015.

There will be at least 2 horse related Friends sets to be released summer 2014

2 horse-related sets would be the low end of an over/under guess. 

Joking aside, the new set names regarding jungle adventures means maybe no more bloody horses.  Investors need horse scarcity for the rest of 2014 (Sunshine Ranch is enough)

Guest brickcrazyhouse

14. all minifigs will avg $3 on ebay thanks to fakies

199. 2nd movie will be announced 

34 1/2. simpson sets will be released and then retired soon after