10235 - Winter Village Market

Huskers1236

back in stock at walmart.com, and can order 10 at a time.  I am assuming walmart did not just get a new shipment of these, as why would they in march.   It is likely that they were delayed or lost at some point and now the inventory is showing up. I think RI and CT are a good indicator of old stock showing up at walmart lately.  I am not looking for more at RRP but if anyone orders one let us know the seal codes.

Here in Europe stocks are full with these, shops don't get rit of them, nobody seems to want this over here.

That's good. Now everyone that wants one can get one. Because once these are gone they are going to go up in price for sure. Happens with mostly every set that ends up retiring. This is a good theme and it will be in demand in the future.

I just put this little table together in case anyone finds it useful. Obviously ROI doesnt take fees/shipping into account, but it's still a decent indicator of historical trends on a pretty isolated subset of LEGO sets as a whole.

How many of those sets were available in March after the xmas it was supposed to retire?

• 2 weeks later...

What more can they do with this theme? I think it's more than a little played out. If the theme ends, won't that hurt prices?

Dunno on 2016-17 but on 2015-16 we'll certainly see again Santa's workshop and a new set #10249 (maybe another Toy Shop)

Edited by biniou

Not sure if anyone cares, but LEGO Shop at Home is out of WVM and the CS rep said they don't expect to receive anymore, so I couldn't back order it. 

Mods:

Feel free to move this to the appropriate forum.  I searched and didn't find one for WVM.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/8809-10235-winter-village-market/

I think ppl stopped caring for WVM... it has been oos for like ages on LEGO Shop at Home but endless supply on Amazon.

Not sure if anyone cares, but S@H is out of WVM and the CS rep said they don't expect to receive anymore, so I couldn't back order it. 

Mods:

Feel free to move this to the appropriate forum.  I searched and didn't find one for WVM.

If you go to the front page of the forum and type in "market" or "10235", this thread should immediately appear in the quick search box.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You know this set actually not selling out at Amazon?  Wouldn't you call that a great thing if you were tired of the hoard devouring everything?

Maybe the hoard lost its effect on this set and every day people are still able to buy it at a discount.

Maybe being in stock for months after retirement will be a good thing

The hoard lost on this set should some people who do not like the effect of the hoard not rejoice?

Of course I am not saying this is my opinion I am saying this is one view point. LOL

• Like 1