Brick City Depot - The LEGO Neighborhood Book: Build your own LEGO town!

TheOrcKing

Currently available for preorder on No Starch Press, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble is Brick City Depot's very first book!

The LEGO Neighborhood Book is your guide to creating incredible LEGO buildings. Snap together a few apartments, shops, houses, and soon you'll have a whole neighborhood!

Inside these pages, you'll learn techniques for recreating classic architectural styles in LEGO bricks, like San Francisco's famous Victorians and New York City's brownstones. LEGO model-building experts Brian and Jason Lyles will teach you how to create interesting architectural features like cornices and false fronts, and how to construct porches and detailed interiors.

With full color instructions for three multistory houses and many smaller builds (like a reclining armchair and an old-timey lamppost), The LEGO Neighborhood Book will give you hours of building fun. What will your neighborhood look like?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks. Very interesting! Will it also become available on amazon?

Yes, it should be available on Amazon as well as Barnes & Noble. I'm a little confused by Brick City Depot's front page saying the book is ready for print yet when I go to No Starch Press' page, it still says the book is a pre-order until September 25th. :scratchhead: So is it available or not? Perhaps the different outlets have not had a chance to update their pages about the date yet I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest eightbrick

Looks good. The only tiny thing that bothered me about Peter Reid and Tim Goddard's space book was that there were no instructions for the minifig scale ships, nice to see this one has large instructions. Seems like No Starch has the monopoly on unofficial Lego books (3 more Lego books from them coming later this year).

http://www.nostarch.com/catalog/lego

• 1 month later...

The very first publication of Brick City Depot is available for purchase! Check out this page from their main site to find companion files for many of the buildable projects found throughout the book and many reviews by different sites. Amazon and Barnes & Noble currently have the best deal for a new hardcover.

No Starch Press / Amazon / Barnes & Noble

• Like 1