The LEGO Group has developed numerous Star Wars sets over the past 16 years, but the most coveted, and generally most valuable, are those with the Ultimate Collector's Series (UCS) label. What exactly, defines the term Ultimate Collector's Series?
Brickipedia provides this definition:
"The Ultimate Collector's Series, or UCS, is a sub-theme of sets. UCS sets are meant to be more detailed and aimed at older builders. These sets do not generally include Minifigures, but since 2007, most have included at least one. Most are also not designed to scale with Minifigures, though there are some cases (such as 10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker) where the set is completely to scale. Ultimate Collector's Series sets tend to be larger, and more expensive than typical sets. Commonly, Ultimate Collector's Series sets were given a five-digit (10xxx) product number until 2014."
Recent discussion among Brick Pickers regarding the Ultimate Collector's Series sets peaked my interest. I read differing opinions about which sets hold the UCS designation, which sets should/shouldn't hold the UCS designation, and which UCS sets will gain the most value after they are EOL. After reading through a lengthy forum discussion, I was left with many questions, including:
- How does a collector know if a set is part of the Ultimate Collector's Series line-up?
- Does The LEGO Group maintain an official list of Ultimate Collector's Series sets?
- Is there variation among unofficial Ultimate Collector's Series set lists?
- Can a "play set" be considered an Ultimate Collector's Series set?
- Does the LEGO Group typically use special box art for the Ultimate Collector's Series sets?
- Do all Ultimate Collector's Series sets include a display sticker showcasing characteristics of the model?
- As a collector, what is the current value of the UCS line-up?
- Looking at 2016 and beyond, do UCS sets remain a promising LEGO investment?
I set out to research these questions, identify any key patterns in the series, and consolidate this information issue for my fellow LEGO Star Wars enthusiasts.
- Initially I examined the Bricklink reference catalog of all 514 Star Wars sets, looking for any sets with a 10XXX set number, or keys words Ultimate Collector's Series/UCS in the set title. This search yielded 31 possible sets, which are listed in the table below.
- Using the Brickpicker Ultimate Collector Series Price Guide, I noted 23 sets.
- Using the Bricklink reference catalog UCS list,I noted 23 sets.
- Using Brickset Ultimate Collector Series set tags, I identified 27 sets. 3 of these sets are slated for 2016 release. They were added to the 31 sets identified from Bricklink.
- Using the Brickipedia Ultimate Collector's Series list, I identified 28 sets.
- Using the 2011 LEGO promotional "Over 10 Years of Ultimate LEGO Star Wars Sets" poster, I noted 21 sets.
- Using the individual sets' entries on Brickpicker and Bricklink, I examined photos of each set's box art looking for an Ultimate Collector's Series designation and photos of the set looking for an Ultimate Collector's Series sticker.
- Additional data regarding set launch year, RRP, new and used set values and CAGR pulled from BrickPicker.com on 1/20/2016.
After compiling data from the above listed sources, I identified 23 sets which have consensus Ultimate Collector Series designation. These sets are highlighted in green on the data table and set listings below. 8 sets have mixed evidence regarding the UCS designation and are highlighted in yellow on the data table and set listings below. The final 3 sets, highlighted in gray, are slated for release in 2016. According to Brickset, they are all rumored UCS sets, but their release has not yet been officially announced. Here are some interesting observations and facts:
- UCS box art is the least consistent feature in the series. Only 11 of the 23 UCS sets have this feature. While popular during the first two years of the series, LEGO largely abandoned the practice until reintroducing the gold UCS logo again in 2014.
- 10019 Rebel Blockade Runner has multiple box designs. I'm not sure if these were planned redesigns similar to the recent Creator boxes or perhaps regional variations. Also note that one box version lists the set as the 10019 Tantive IV. Initially I thought this might be a fake box design, but I was able to find eBay listings with this style box art.
- The inclusion of a UCS type display sticker is the most consistent feature noted. Only 3 sets - 7194 Yoda, 10018 Darth Maul, and the 75059 Sandcrawler - do not include one. Yoda and Darth Maul are somewhat understandable, as they aren't a typical UCS style model. It's odd that LEGO didn't include a sticker with the 75059 Sandcrawler, when the box clearly shows the gold UCS logo. 10186 General Grievous and 10019 Rebel Blockade Runner include stickers of a slightly different style than the others, and 7191 X-wing's sticker is gold vs blue.
- LEGO's 2011 promotional poster "Over 10 Years of Ultimate LEGO Star Wars Sets" reflects 21 sets, including the Exclusive sets not typically considered official UCS sets. Of the 24 sets released through 2011, only the 7181 TIE, 7191 X-wing, and 7194 Yoda models are not depicted. This is possibly due to the set numbers deviating from the 10XXX standard LEGO utilized at the time for Exclusive/UCS sets. This aspect has caused the most confusion among collectors. Notice the poster omits the words "Collector's Series" from the title. Was this by design?
- Some collectors view the promotional poster as a history of all the UCS and Exclusives Star Wars sets released through 2011. Other collectors think inclusion on this poster represents de facto UCS designation.
2011 ULTIMATE LEGO STAR WARS SETS POSTER
2000: The Original Black Boxes
Build and display this awesome TIE Interceptor!
This is not your little brother's model. The most advanced TIE fighter of the Imperial Navy becomes the centerpiece for any Star Wars collection. Its intimidating dagger-shaped solar panels are recreated with a precision that would please Darth Vader himself. More than 700 pieces make up this amazingly accurate model, which fits on a durable display stand. But display model with caution. This TIE fighter is so real looking, it's scary, especially for would-be Rebel pilots. Ages 14+. 703 pieces
The TIE Interceptor was a type of TIE fighter used by the Galactic Empire during the Battle of Endor. It was identifiable by the addition of four arrow-shaped panels, tipped with laser cannons, thereby increasing firepower threefold. The TIE interceptor was created by Sienar Fleet Systems upon realization that the TIE Advanced x1 would be too costly to mass-produce, and was also the Empire's direct response to the Rebel Alliance's introduction of faster starships.
The ultimate X-Wing!
If you think blasting the Death Star is tough, try building the ultimate X-Wing fighter. With more than 1300 pieces, it is one of the most realistic models in the galaxy. From its engine exhaust ports to the tips of its laser cannons, no detail has been overlooked. Built to perfect scale, the X-Wing has an impressive 20-inch wingspan. Comes with a display stand and detailed spec plate. Ages 14+. 1304 pieces
X-wing starfighters were a type of starfighter marked by their distinctive S-foils that resembled an 'X' in attack formation. During the Galactic Civil War, the Rebel Alliance used T-65B X-wing starfighters in a number of battles, including the Battle of Yavin and the Battle of Endor. Approximately thirty years later, a different variation of X-wing, the T-70 were used by the Resistance, whereas a more advanced model, the T-85, was used by the New Republic Starfleet.
2001: The Black Boxes - A New Hope
Darth Maul lives again!
Darth Maul lives again in this striking bust, perfect for display in your home. The Dark Lord of the Sith makes a menacing model and a great addition to any Star Wars collection. Highly detailed and realistic, this Darth Maul bust stands 1' 5" tall. Ages 14+. 1860 pieces.
Darth Maul was a male Dathomirian Zabrak Sith Lord who lived during the waning years of the Galactic Republic. Maul was born to Mother Talzin and raised as a Nightbrother on Dathomir, before being taken by Darth Sidious as his apprentice. Maul learned the art of lightsaber combat and took on a dual-bladed lightsaber or "Saber Staff", becoming a weapon to be used against the Jedi Order.
Escape from the Empire in the Rebel Blockade Runner!
Slipping through an Imperial blockade is almost impossible — unless you're flying the Rebel Blockade Runner! With more than 1700 pieces, this Corellian corvette model is so detailed and realistic you'll be ready to launch your own covert mission against the Empire. Built to scale, the Rebel Blockade Runner measures 28" X 11" x 7" and features LEGO bricks in an all-new color — dark red. Add this amazing model to your classic Star Wars collection. Ages 14+. 1748 pieces
The CR90 corvette, commonly referred to as the Corellian corvette or the Rebel blockade runner, also known as an Alderaan cruiser, was a small, multi-purpose capital ship manufactured by Corellian Engineering Corporation. Alliance CR90 corvettes acted as front-line combat ships for the early years of the Galactic Civil War. The ease of acquiring CR90 parts and mechanics made them a good fit for the desperate Rebellion. Its near ubiquity made it a popular choice amongst Rebels, pirates, and smugglers, earning it the nickname "blockade runner" for its ability to slip through Imperial nets.
2002: The Black Boxes Strike Back
Yoda was one of the most renowned and powerful Jedi Masters in galactic history. Standing at about 66 cm tall, he was a male member of a mysterious species.He was known for his legendary wisdom, mastery of the Force and skills in lightsaber combat. In service to the galaxy and the Force, Grand Master Yoda spent eight centuries training Jedi. He served as the Grand Master of the Jedi Council in the last centuries of the Galactic Republic and oversaw the Jedi Order before, during and after the devastating Clone Wars. Later, before dying and becoming one with the Force, the exiled Jedi Master was responsible for the instruction of Luke Skywalker who would use Yoda's training to overthrow the Sith.
The Naboo Royal N-1 starfighter, sometimes known simply as the Naboo starfighter, was a starfighter used by the government of Naboo during the late years of the Galactic Republic and early days of the Galactic Empire for defense, patrol, and escort duties. The sleek vessel was manufactured by Theed Palace Space Vessel Engineering Corps, the group responsible for manufacturing Naboo royal starships.
Build the most awesome ship in the Star Wars universe!
The Imperial Star Destroyer is the massively huge, incredibly powerful heart of the Emperor's fleet. Manned by the top crew in the Imperial Navy, the Star Destroyer was heavily armored and bristling with turbolasers and tractor beam projectors. One Star Destroyer alone was enough to strike fear into an entire star system! Now you can add the Imperial Navy's best-known and most powerful ship to your LEGO Star Wars collection! Measuring an impressive 37" by 23", this model dwarfs any LEGO Star Wars ship ever produced. This beautifully designed and one-of-a-kind collector's item comes with a special display stand and collectors card. Also includes an exclusive Rebel Blockade Runner Mini-Model, so you can recreate the opening scenes of Star Wars IV: A New Hope!
The Imperial-class Star Destroyer, known generally as the Imperial Star Destroyer, was a product line of massive dagger-shaped capital ships of the Imperial Navy and later the Navy of the First Order. It consisted of two variants, the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer and the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer. The Imperial Star Destroyer replaced the smaller Venator-class used by the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars and was generally the Empire's star cruiser of choice.At the height of its power, the Galactic Empire operated over 25,000 of these ships.The distinctive profile of the Imperial-class instilled fear into the soldiers of rebelling factions, and the name of a Star Destroyer could be preceded by the ship prefix ISD (for Imperial Star Destroyer).
2003: The Blue Boxes
The Rebel Alliance relied on the power of the snowspeeder in the Battle of Hoth. Now you can create a detailed model of this amazing craft, with this LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series set! This converted T-47 airspeeder features two wing-mounted laser cannons and a rear harpoon cannon. The two-man cockpit features controls that move, plus the model includes a special display stand and collector's card. A great addition to any Star Wars collection! AGES: 14+ PIECES: 1457
The Incom Corporation T-47 airspeeder was an airspeeder that became famous during the Galactic Civil War for its use by the Alliance to Restore the Republic as a military fighter known as the snowspeeder, especially after its extensive use at Echo Base on Hoth.
Return to Cloud City™!
Han Solo™ and Princess Leia™ have journeyed to Cloud City™, only to discover it is an Imperial trap! Now Luke Skywalker™ must challenge Darth Vader™ to try and save his friends!
- More than 25" in length!
- 7 mini-figures including Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Boba Fett™, Stormtrooper™ and the all-new Lando Calrissian™
- Four separate play areas including Landing Platform for the Twin Pod Cloud Car™ (sold separately as item #7119)
- Full Action Play: Blast Luke through the window! Drop Han into the carbonite!
Based on one of the most famous locations from the original Star Wars™ trilogy, this set is the perfect addition to your Star Wars collection! Recreate your favorite moments from Star Wars™: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, or create your own thrilling adventures!
Cloud City was a Tibanna gas mining colony floating in the clouds of the planet Bespin, located in the Anoat sector of the Outer Rim Territories. Under the auspices of Baron Administrator Lando Calrissian, the city attempted to avoid unwanted Imperial attention. Eventually, Imperial forces occupied the station and installed an Imperial Garrison, however after the Emperor's death, the Imperial Garrison located there was abandoned following the events of the Iron Blockade.
2004 - 2005: The Original Trilogy Boxes
Build the ultimate Y-wing Starfighter™!
Battle the forces of the Empire with the Y-wing starfighter! Named for its unusual shape, the classic fighter-bomber of the Rebel Alliance played a key role in the defeat of both Death Stars and the downfall of the Galactic Empire. Exploding with incredible details, the Ultimate Collector Series Y-wing starfighter carries a pair of nose-mounted lasers, an ion cannon turret and an astromech droid for swift escapes into hyperspace. Featuring a special display stand and collector's card, the UCS Y-wing is a fantastic addition to your ultimate Star Wars™ collection!
- Display stand & collector's card
- Over 26"/66cm long
- More than 1,400 pieces
Y-wing starfighter was a two-seat assault starfighter used during the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War. Produced by Koensayr Manufacturing, these fighters were a mainstay in the Republic Navy during the Clone Wars. Y-wings were used by Shadow Squadron during the attack on the Separatist heavy cruiser Malevolence. The Rebel Alliance used the Y-wing during the Galactic Civil War against Sheev Palpatine's Empire. The Alliance deployed the starfighter to their hidden fortress, and launched Gold Squadron against the approaching Death Star during the Battle of Yavin
Unleash the power of the TIE collection!
The Empire's most feared ships fly again in this special Star Wars collection! Complete set includes 4 models: 2 Imperial TIE Fighters, Darth Vader's TIE Fighter and 1 TIE/d Fighter, plus Darth Vader and Imperial TIE pilot minifigures and Droid Brain. Build your fleet today!
The TIE/D automated fighter, or droid/drone TIE fighter, was a TIE Series starfighter used by the reborn Emperor Palpatine during his attacks on the New Republic in 10 ABY. The TIE/D automated starfighter took the standard TIE Series command pod with twin ion engines and twin laser cannons, additional armor plating and rectangular wing panels with adjustable pitch were added. Despite their heavier armor, they could actually reach a higher atmospheric speed than the TIE/IN interceptors—overall, they were fast, small, and very expendable
Construct the galaxy's ultimate battle station!
'No one who saw the dreaded Death Star in the classic Star Wars films could ever forget it. Now you can build your own to add to your LEGO® Star Wars collection! This incredibly detailed and faithful replica of the Death Star II from Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi will make an awesome addition to any Star Wars collection. The partially constructed Death Star looms in space above the forest moon of Endor, super laser ready to fire. This unique collectable is sure to rank as one of the greatest LEGO Star Wars models ever produced!
- Includes display stand and Imperial Star Destroyer to scale.
- Measures a full 25 inches (65 cm) high and 19 inches (50 cm) wide (including stand).
The second Death Star, sometimes referred to as Death Star II, was a massive battle station with enough firepower to destroy an entire planet. Following the Battle of Yavin and the destruction of the original Death Star, the Galactic Empire began construction on a newer and better armed battle station, one more powerful than the original. Before it could be used on the galaxy, it was ultimately destroyed by the Millennium Falcon, a YT-1300 light freighter, after a critical hit on its reactor core.
Find the droids you're looking for at the Sandcrawler!
Luke Skywalker's Uncle Owen is shopping for some new droids at the Jawa Sandcrawler. There are plenty to choose from, including R2-D2 and C-3PO. But the Jawas drive a hard bargain and danger is never far away. Recreate this classic scene from Star Wars™: Episode IV A New Hope with this incredibly detailed model!
- Includes a total of 11 minifigures and droids: Uncle Owen Lars, 3 Jawas, R2-D2, C-3PO, R5-D4, R1-G4, ASP droid, gonk droid and Treadwell droid.
- Remove the center section of the Sandcrawler to reveal the Jawa workshop!
- Use the crane to load droids into the Sandcrawler!
- Open the hatch to reveal the inside!
- Cockpit opens to load a driver!
- Steering mechanism lets you guide the Jawa vehicle to its next adventure!
- Measures 15 in/38 cm long, 7.5 in/19 cm wide and 9 in/22 cm high.
Sandcrawlers were large mobile fortresses used by Jawa scavengers on the desert planet of Tatooine. The vehicles drove on large treaded wheels and functioned as transportation for scavengers, as well as shelter from the harsh desert environment. Sandcrawlers were tall and mostly rectangular, but with a triangular front that held its cockpit. Sandcrawlers were used as part of Jawa scavenging operations and contained large cargo holds captable of holding 1,500 droids at a time. Magnetic suction tubes allowed the Jawas to quickly suck droids and pieces of scrap into the holds. Inside the Sandcrawler the reactor melts the scrap metal and droids.
2006-2008: The Darth Vader Boxes
Construct the ultimate Scout Walker!
The Imperial AT-ST (All Terrain Scout Transport), also known as the Scout Walker, carries the Empire’s forces swiftly and efficiently across the ice plains of Hoth and through the dense forests of Endor. Now you can build the ultimate collector’s model of this famous Star Wars™ vehicle from over a thousand LEGO pieces!
- Fully armed and armor-plated, the incredibly detailed and realistic AT-ST stands over 16.5" (42cm) tall!
- Features rotating weapons, an opening pilot hatch, moving window panels, and more!
- Enemies of the Empire beware!
The All Terrain Scout Transport (AT-ST), also known as a Scout Transport, Scout Walker, or derisively as a chicken walker, was a lightweight, bidepal walker used by the ground forces of the Galactic Empire. It served as a reconnaissance and patrol vehicle. Part of the All-Terrain walker family, it was involved in several skirmishes on the planet Tatooine. Several fought alongside AT-ATs at the Battle of Hoth. They also notably participated in the Battle of Endor, where they were defeated by the Ewoks and their traps
Construct Darth Vader's™ ultimate TIE fighter!
Rebels beware! The TIE Advanced x1 is Darth Vaders™ personal starfighter, heavily modified and customized by the Dark Lord of the Sith himself. With its enlarged, angular wings, extended ion engine block and reinforced hull, Vaders™ TIE can withstand and deliver far more punishment than any ordinary TIE fighter. Now you can add this incredible model to your LEGO Star Wars collection! The Ultimate Collector Series Vaders™ TIE Advanced is packed with realistic details straight from Star Wars: Episode IV, A New Hope, from the unique wings and body shape to the cockpit compartment and twin laser cannons.
- Includes special display stand and collectors™ card with detailed specifications.
Darth Vader's TIE Advanced x1 was a starfighter used by Darth Vader during the Galactic Civil War, leading Black Squadron, and flown by him during the Battle of Yavin. It was a modified early prototype of the TIE Advanced x1 line. The Advanced x1 had more cockpit capacity than other TIEs, thus catering to the larger-than-average figure of Darth Vader. It was built to Vader's specifications by Santhe/Sienar Technologies at the Sienar Advanced Projects Laboratory.Unlike the class standard, Vader's TIE Advanced apparently possessed a life-support system.
Motorized action straight from the Star Wars™ movies!
Behold the power of the Empire! For the first time ever, the ultimate Motorized Walking AT-AT is ready to crush the Rebel Alliance at your command. Thanks to the new Power Functions System, the mighty All-Terrain Armored Transport really walks forward or backward into battle!
- Features an opening cockpit and rotating laser cannons!
- Motorized Walking AT-AT really walks and its head moves up and down!
- Handle on top allows for easy transportation!
- Stands over 12" (30 cm) tall and over 14" (36 cm) long!
- Includes AT-AT Pilot, General Veers, Snowtrooper and Luke Skywalker with grappling line and lightsaber!
- Includes battery box and motor!
- Requires 6 AA (1.5V) batteries, not included.
The All Terrain Armored Transport (AT-AT) walker, also known as the Imperial Walker, was a major part of the Galactic Empire's motor-pool. It was one of the most heavily armored land vehicles in the Imperial Army, but was also known for its relatively slow speed. The AT-AT walker was a behemoth of a war machine, standing at a height of 22.5 meters.The quadrupedal walker closely resembled ancient beasts of war, or even a giant legendary beast from the dark side of the Force. Designed for the dual purpose of crushing and demoralizing enemy forces, and also serving as a transport for Imperial troops and light vehicles, the AT-AT was among the most awesome vehicles in the Imperial Army's inventory
Build the ultimate Millennium Falcon™!
This is it - the biggest, most spectacular LEGO® model ever! Straight out of the classic Star Wars movies comes the Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon, Han Solo's famous smuggling starship. Every detail of the modified Corellian Engineering Corporation YT-1300 freighter is here, all constructed to scale with LEGO minifigures. At almost 3 feet (90cm) long, it's the ultimate centerpiece to any LEGO collection!
- With over 5,000 pieces, this is the biggest LEGO set ever made!
- Model is built completely to minifigure scale - minifigures can sit inside and man the controls!
- Landing gear provides a stable base for model to stand on!
- Ship is over 33" long, 22" wide and 8" tall! (84cm long x 56cm wide x 21cm tall)
- Radar dish rotates and elevates and boarding ramp extends!
- Top and bottom quad-laser turrets rotate for realistic play!
- Cockpit top can be removed to access minifigures!
- Includes 5 minifigures: Han Solo, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia Organa!
- This special set also includes a display card with detailed ship specifications!
The Millennium Falcon was a Corellian YT-1300 light freighter used by the smugglers Han Solo and Chewbacca during the Galactic Civil War. It was previously owned by Lando Calrissian, who lost it to Solo in a game of sabacc. Its aged appearance belied numerous advanced modifications to boost the ship's speed, weapons and shield, including a hyperdrive engine among the fastest in the entire galaxy, enabling it to outrun Imperial Star Destroyers. It also included sensor-proof smuggling compartments, which were used during the rescue of Princess Leia Organa to evade Imperial stormtroopers. Afterwards, the Millennium Falcon saw further action when Solo chose to join the Rebels during the Battle of Yavin, where it was able to sneak up on Darth Vader's TIE Advanced.
Face the might of the ultimate General Grievous!
The towering cyborg commander of the Separatist forces lives! Wielding lightsabers in each of his four robotic arms, General Grievous prepares to battle the Jedi Knights in a fight for the fate of the galaxy. Standing 18 inches (46 cm) tall on its rotating display base and plaque, this detailed and authentic Star Wars model features poseable hips and neck and a split-apart chestplate revealing Grievous' organs hidden beneath!
- Includes translucent "light saber" elements!
- Model features poseable neck, arms and hips!
- Split-apart chestplate opens to reveal Grievous' organs!
- Includes rotating display stand! Stands 18 inches (46 cm) tall with stand!
Grievous, born as Qymaen jai Sheelal, was the cyborg Supreme Commander of the Droid Army of the Confederacy of Independent Systems for most of the Clone Wars. Critically injured in a bomb plot arranged by Count Dooku, Grievous was reconstructed as a cyborg and was presented to Dooku as a potential weapon to be used in the upcoming war that the count had planned against the Republic.After being made Supreme Commander, Grievous proceeded to wreak havoc on the Republic for the three-year–span of the Clone Wars. The general was trained in the art of lightsaber combat by Dooku himself, who was also a Sith Lord. Grievous was a quick study and eventually came to be recognized as one of the most skilled duelists in the galaxy.
19. 10188 DEATH STAR
Recreate the action and adventure of the Star Wars™ movies with the ultimate Death Star playset! This amazingly detailed battle station features an incredible array of minifigure-scale scenes, moving parts, characters and accessories from Episodes IV and VI on its multiple decks, including the Death Star control room, rotating turbolaser turrets, hangar bay with TIE Advanced starfighter, tractor beam controls, Emperor’s throne room, detention block, firing laser cannon, Imperial conference chamber, droid maintenance facility, and the powerful Death Star superlaser…plus much more! Swing across the chasm with Luke and Leia, face danger in the crushing trash compactor, and duel with Darth Vader for the fate of the galaxy!
- Includes 24 minifigures and droids, plus all-new Dianoga™ trash compactor monster!
- Includes 6 new and exclusive minifigures and droids only found in this set: Luke Skywalker™ (Stormtrooper™ outfit), Han Solo™ (Stormtrooper outfit), Assassin Droid™, Interrogation Droid, Death Star Droid and 2 Death Star Troopers™!
- Also includes Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Obi-Wan Kenobi™, C-3PO™, R2-D2™, Princess Leia™, Chewbacca™, Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight), Darth Vader™, Grand Moff Tarkin™, Emperor Palpatine™, 2 Stormtroopers, 2 Emperor's Royal Guards™, R2-Q5™, and mouse droid!.
- Movie-authentic Death Star environments include the Superlaser control room and target monitor, Imperial conference chamber, TIE Advanced hangar bay with moving launch rack, Emperor's throne room, droid maintenance room, detention block, trash compactor, and much more!
- Rescue Princess Leia from the detention block cell, then escape through the secret hatch to the trash compactor below!
- Reenact the final duel between Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader in the Emperor's Throne Room!
- Death Star measures 16” (41cm) tall and 16½” (42cm) wide!
- TIE Advanced measures 3½" (9cm) wide!
The Death Star, also known as the Death Star I, First Death Star, DS-1 platform and previously known as the Ultimate Weapon and Sentinel Base, was a moon-sized deep space mobile battle station constructed by the Galactic Empire after the defeat of the Separatists in the Clone Wars. It boasted a primary weapon with sufficient firepower to destroy an entire planet with a single shot.Touted by its command staff as "the ultimate power in the universe," the Death Star was destroyed by Rebel pilot Luke Skywalker in a single T-65B X-wing starfighter. As a result, the Empire began construction on the more powerful Death Star II.
2009: The Anniversary Edition Box
20. 10198 TANTIVE IV
The Star Wars™ saga begins!
Blasting through space with Darth Vader’s Star Destroyer in pursuit, the Tantive IV blockade runner carries Princess Leia, C-3PO and R2-D2 on a vital mission for the Rebel Alliance. Celebrate the entire Star Wars saga with this all-new version of the very first starship seen in the films! The Tantive IV features an opening cockpit, rotating and elevating turbo laser cannons, rotating radar dish, removable roof section and interior command center. It also includes an opening compartment with removable cargo transport vehicle and 2 detachable escape pods for the droids to make their getaway with the Death Star plans! Includes Princess Leia, C-3PO, R2-D2, Captain Antilles and Rebel Trooper minifigures. Measures 20.5″ (52 cm) x 7.5″ (19 cm) x 5.5″ (14 cm).
- Includes 5 minifigures: Princess Leia, C-3PO, R2-D2, Captain Antilles and a Rebel Trooper!
- Open the cockpit and place 2 minifigures inside!
- Turbo laser cannons on top and bottom can rotate and elevate!
- Features a removable roof!
- Lots of interior details including Leia’s desk and command center with seats for 2 minifigures!
- Open the storage compartment to reveal the cargo transport vehicle!
- Features rotating radar disc and 2 detachable escape pods!
- Measures 20.5″ (52 cm) long, 7.5″ (19 cm) wide and 5.5″ (14 cm) tall
The Tantive IV was a CR90 corvette in the service of the House of Organa.The ship was a central player in the events following the end of the Clone Wars and the beginning of the Galactic Civil War.Five years before the Battle of Yavin, the Lothal Rebels returned C-3PO and R2-D2 to Senator Bail Organa aboard the Tantive IV.Princess Leia Organa traveled onboard the Tantive IV when it was intercepted by the Imperial Star Destroyer Devastator. In the following battle, the main reactor of the Tantive IV was shut down and the ship was boarded by Imperial Stormtroopers.Soon thereafter, the Tantive IV was destroyed by the Imperials
2009: The Clone Trooper Box
Two incredible Star Wars™ vehicles in one!
Flying through the skies of hostile planets, the Republic LAAT/c (Low Altitude Assault Transport/carrier) Dropship swoops down and deploys the AT-OT (All Terrain Open Transport) troop carrier for attacks on Separatist strongholds. Dropship features an opening cockpit, rotating front and rear cannons, auto-firing missiles and armament bay, and a fold-away handle on top. AT-OT features poseable legs, rotating cannons, crew compartment with weapon racks, and folding cockpit and boarding ramp. Drop ship automatically locks onto walker, then releases it with the push of a switch! Also holds the 7675 AT-TE Walker and the 8098 Clone Turbo Tank. Includes 2 clone pilots and 6 clone troopers.
- Includes 2 Clone Pilot™ and 6 Clone Trooper™ minifigures!
- Two incredible vehicles in one!
- Republic Dropship features a fold-away handle on top!
- Republic Dropship automatically locks onto AT-OT Walker™ and releases with the push of a switch!
- Dropship features an opening cockpit!
- Dropship includes flick-fire missiles, as well as rotating front and rear cannons!
- Dropship measures over 18” (46cm) long and has a wingspan of over 21” (53cm)!
- Customize your Dropship with alternate stickers!
- AT-OT Walker has 8 poseable legs!
- AT-OT Walker features cockpit that really opens!
- Assemble your forces aboard the AT-OT Walker that seats up to 16 minifigures!
- AT-OT Walker measures over 16” (40cm) long and 5”(13cm) wide!
- AT-OT Walker features a fold out boarding ramp!
- Republic Dropship also holds the 7675 AT-TE Walker!
- When Dropship is locked onto AT-OT Walker it weighs a staggering six pounds!
The Low Altitude Assault Transport/carrier, known more simply as the LAAT/c, was a vehicle carrier variant of Rothana Heavy Engineering's Low Altitude Assault Transport series of repulsorlift gunships developed for the Grand Army of the Republic. Manned by a single pilot, the LAAT/c was originally designed to deploy All Terrain Tactical Enforcers onto battlefields, though it was soon modified to accommodate a number of additional vehicles as the Clone Wars progressed, using powerful magnetic clamps to hold payloads in place.
The All Terrain Open Transport (AT-OT) was an 8-legged walker designed for the transportation of infantry used by the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. It was used during Battle of Felucia toward the end of the war.
2010-2011:The Jango Fett Boxes
The elegant Lambda-class Imperial Shuttle™ transports the Empire's elite and the occasional secret strike team of Rebel commandos all across the galaxy. Now you can build this huge and iconic Star Wars™ vehicle in true minifigure scale for the first time ever! The Imperial Shuttle is authentically detailed with rotating double laser wing cannons and a four-seat cockpit. This Ultimate Collector's model features an opening canopy, detachable landing gear, a stand for display in flight or landing modes, a labeled display plaque, and gear-driven folding wings with removable activation keys. Completed model measures 28" (71 cm) tall on stand and 22" (57 cm) wide with wings deployed. Includes 5 minifigures: Darth Vader™, Shuttle Pilot, Imperial Officer, Stormtrooper and Luke Skywalker™.Includes 5 minifigures: Darth Vader™, Shuttle Pilot, Imperial Officer, Stormtrooper™ and Luke Skywalker™.
- Features rotating double laser wing cannons!
- Open the cockpit roof to access the interior and seat the minifigures inside!
- Wings fold up and down by turning 2 keys on rear of model!
- Model can be displayed on landing gear or landing gear can be removed to display in flying mode!
- Includes display stand, name plate and label sheet!
- Measures 28" (71 cm) tall on stand and 22" (57 cm) wide with wings deployed!
The Lambda-class T-4a shuttle, also known as the Imperial Lambda, Imperial Transport or the Imperial Shuttle, was a type of transport shuttle with a tri-hedral foil design used by the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War. The shuttles were used by such dignitaries as Darth Vader and Emperor Sheev Palpatine. The hyperdrive-equipped shuttle was armed with two forward double laser cannons, two wing-mounted double cannons, and one rear double laser cannon.
Blast off into The Clone Wars with Obi-Wan’s collector-series Jedi starfighter!
Now, you can build the ultimate LEGO version of Jedi general Obi-Wan Kenobi's Delta-7 Aethersprite-class Jedi starfighter! Larger and more detailed than any previous Jedi starfighter model, this limited-edition collector vehicle is equipped with twin laser cannons, a full cockpit interior and a wing-mounted R4-P17 astromech droid dome that rotates. With a buildable display stand and plaque, it's just the thing to pursue bounty hunter Jango Fett across the galaxy or battle swarms of Separatist fighters in space! Measures 9 in (23 cm) high on stand, 18" (47 cm) long and 9" (22 cm) wide when built.
- Ultimate Collector's Series Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter!
- Equipped with twin laser cannons!
- Features fully detailed cockpit interior!
- The dome of Obi-Wan's wing mounted R4-P17 astromech droid rotates!
- Includes display stand, plaque and label sheet!
- Model can be detached from display stand!
- Measures 9 in (23 cm) high on stand, 18" (47 cm) long and 9" (22 cm) wide when built!
The Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light intercepter, Delta-7 Jedi starfighter, Delta-7 Jedi Interceptor, or more commonly known as the Jedi starfighter, was a model of starfighter designed by Kuat Systems Engineering and used by the Jedi Order during the reign of the Galactic Republic up to its end during the Clone Wars. . The Delta-7 fighter was fairly prominent in the Clone Wars, mainly due to its use by Jedi. One of the most famous encounters and tests of the Delta-7 was the tracking of bounty hunter Jango Fett by Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi through the asteroid fields of Geonosis.
Dare to pilot Darth Vader’s™ deadly destroyer!
The Super Star Destroyer™ Executor has arrived! This jaw-dropping vessel is the personal flagship of Darth Vader, and serves as command ship at both the Battle of Hoth and the Battle of Endor. With its classic dagger-shaped design, the Executor is among the largest and most powerful vessels in the Star Wars galaxy. With over 3,000 pieces, measuring nearly 50 inches (124.5 cm) long and weighing nearly 8 pounds (3.5 kg), every aspect of this fantastic LEGO® Star Wars model impresses. Includes 5 minifigures: Darth Vader, Admiral Piett, Dengar, Bossk and IG-88.
- Includes 5 minifigures: Darth Vader, Admiral Piett, Dengar, Bossk and IG-88
- Features over 3,000 pieces!
- Measures nearly 50 inches (124.5 cm) long and weighs nearly 8 pounds (3.5kg)!
- Includes display stand and data sheet label!
- Center section lifts off to reveal command center!
Super Star Destroyer (SSD) was a term used by Imperial, Rebel, New Republic and Galactic Alliance personnel for many dagger-shaped warship classes larger than Star Destroyers, ranging from Star Cruiser to Star Dreadnought models. In extreme cases, they are also large enough to be qualified as space stations. It was often used concurrently with the term Super-class Star Destroyer, both of which capitalized on the general "Star Destroyer" term, which, after getting popular exposure throughout the Clone Wars, came to symbolize weapons that in people's minds could destroy entire star systems.Darth Vader's command ship, the Executor, was a Super Star Destroyer and one of the most famous Imperial vessels fielded, as was the even deadlier Eclipse, which served as one of Emperor Palpatine's flagships.
2012: The Darth Maul Boxes
25. 10225 R2-D2
Presenting the ultimate collector series R2-D2 – the best-loved droid in the Star Wars galaxy!
Presenting the iconic R2-D2 as you've never seen him before. Everyone's favorite droid from the Star Wars galaxy is now part of the ultimate collector series and features fantastic detailing, such as rectractable third leg, front panels that open to reveal a universal computer interface arm and a circular saw, rotating head and 2 fold-out front spacecraft linkage control arms. With the included fact plaque and mini R2-D2 figure, this diminutive model is the perfect addition to your Star Wars collection! Measures over 12” (31cm) high and 7” (18cm) wide.
- Ultimate Collector Series R2-D2™!
- Features retractable third leg!
- Front panels open to reveal a universal computer interface arm and circular saw!
- Features realistic rotating head!
- R2-D2 features 2 fold-out front spacecraft linkage control arms!
- Includes fact plaque and R2-D2 minifigure!
- Measures over 12” (31 cm) high and 7” (18 cm) wide!
R2-D2, pronounced Artoo-Detoo and often referred to as Artoo, was an R2 series astromech droid manufactured by Industrial Automaton with masculine programming. A smart, spunky droid serving a multitude of masters over its lifetime, it never had its memory wiped resulting in an adventurous and independent attitude. Oftentimes finding himself in pivotal moments in galactic history, his bravery and ingenuity often saved the galaxy time and time again.
Now you can experience the ultimate B-wing Starfighter from the Star Wars galaxy like never before. This fantastic model features everything you would expect from our premium collector range, including rotating, self-levelling cockpit and realistic wing configurations for landing and flight. And when you're finished battling in the skies above Endor or helping to restore freedom in the galaxy, place this highly detailed B-wing Starfighter on its own dedicated display stand and fact plaque. Measures 26” (66cm) wide and 15” (38cm) high in flight configuration, and 17” (43cm) high on display stand.
- Ultimate Collector Series B-wing Starfighter!
- Rotating, self-levelling cockpit!
- Landing and flight wing configurations!
- Highly detailed model!
- Includes display stand and fact plaque!
- Model can be detached from display stand!
- Measures 26” (66cm) wide and 15” (38cm) high in flight configuration, and 17” (43cm) high when mounted on display stand
The A/SF-01 B-wing heavy assault starfighter, known simply as the B-wing starfighter, was one of the largest and most heavily armed starfighters/bombers in the Rebel Alliance's fleet. The name B-wing came from the craft's appearance to a "B", when upright, the outline of the upper half and the lower half makes a B shape, although its swordlike shape in attack mode has earned it the nickname "Blade-wing", which may be another reason for the "B" prefix.Known as "crosses" due to their distinct shape, the B-wing was designed by the Verpine company Slayn & Korpil in cooperation with then-Commander Gial Ackbar as part of the Shantipole Project. The B-wing, though difficult to fly, participated in numerous engagements across the galaxy during the latter parts of the Galactic Civil War, including the Battle of Endor and the liberation of Coruscant
2013: The Yoda Boxes
Travel to Endor™ and visit the treetop home of the Ewoks. Just like in Star Wars™: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, this recreation of the Ewoks’ forest dwelling is packed with cool functions, including the tree-trunk hideout, secret Lightsaber stash, spider web, net traps, slide, catapults and an elevating throne. Use the rammer function to take out the Scout Trooper’s speeder − just like in the movie! Realistic details include rope walkways, vine and leaf elements, kitchen, food storage area, bedroom and a planning room. The Ewok Village set is the perfect addition to your LEGO® Star Wars collection. Includes R2-D2™and 16 minifigures with weapons: Luke Skywalker™, Princess Leia™, Han Solo™, Chewbacca™, C-3PO™, 2 Rebel soldiers, 5 Ewoks™ (including Wicket™, Teebo™, Chief Chirpa™ and Logray™), 2 Scout Troopers and 2 Stormtroopers™.
- Includes R2-D2™ and 16 minifigures: Luke Skywalker™, Princess Leia™, Han Solo™, Chewbacca™, C-3PO™, 2 Rebel soldiers, 5 Ewoks™, 2 Scout™ Troopers™ and 2 Stormtroopers™
- Features tree-trunk hideout and secret Lightsaber stash, spider web and net traps, slide, catapults, elevating throne, speeder rammer function, kitchen, food storage area, bedroom and a planning room
- Speeder also included
- Weapons include a Lightsaber, 3 blaster pistols, 2 blasters, 2 blaster rifles, 2 spears, bow and a crossbow
- Also includes 2 staffs
- Collect hard-to-find Endor Princess Leia, C-3PO, Luke, Han Solo and Wicket Ewok minifigures!
- Fend off the advancing Imperial forces
- Amaze the Ewoks with the elevating throne!
- Avoid the spider web and net traps!
- Destroy the speeder with the rammer function!
- Take refuge in the tree-trunk hideout
- Shoot down the slide and join the battle
- Fire rocks at the enemy with the catapults!
- Measures over 13" (35cm) high, 21" (55cm) wide and 13" (35cm) deep
Bright Tree Village was home to a tribe of Ewoks on Endor during the Galactic Civil War.The village, built within the trees of Endor, fifteen meters above the ground,could be navigated using rope ladders, vines, and catwalks. Within the village were numerous tree huts, where the Ewoks lived. The largest huts housed Ewok leaders, including a Council of Elders.In the lead up to the Battle of Endor, the Ewoks captured Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca, and R2-D2 near the village. The Rebels were taken captive within the village and were nearly roasted alive for a feast, but C-3PO—who the Ewoks believed to be a deity—convinced the Ewoks to free them. The Ewoks later joined the fight against the Galactic Empire, and the village hosted the festivities celebrating the death of Emperor Sheev Palpatine and the defeat of the Empire.
Collect and create the most highly detailed LEGO® Star Wars™ X-wing Starfighter ever produced. This iconic starfighter is featured in many of the most exciting Star Wars battle scenes, including the decisive battle scene above planet Yavin™. Recreate the moment when Luke Skywalker’s X-wing delivered the proton torpedo that led to the destruction of the Imperial Death Star! This realistically detailed model features opening wings and cockpit, a special display stand, data sheet label and R2-D2.
• Includes R2-D2 atromech droid• Features highly authentic detailing, and opening wings and cockpit• Measures over 10" (26cm) high, 20" (52cm) long and 18" (46cm) wide• Includes display stand and data sheet label!
The Rebel Alliance used the X-wing during the Galactic Civil War against the Galactic Empire. While X-wing starfighters remained in public use, they eventually became solely affiliated with the Rebellion. A squadron was kept at their hidden fortress on Yavin 4. During the Battle of Yavin, Luke Skywalker was assigned to an X-wing for the battle, which was to destroy the Empire's approaching Death Star. Although many of the X-wing pilots were killed, Skywalker was able to launch his torpedoes into the battlestation's exhaust port, causing a chain reaction and destroying it. Wedge Antilles was the only other X-wing pilot who survived.
2014-2015: Return of the Black Boxes
Recreate unforgettable scenes from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope with this amazing LEGO® incarnation of the Jawas’ desert-going vehicle, the Sandcrawler™. Turn the knob at the rear and steer the Sandcrawler into position, lower the front ramp and offload the droids using the 2 working cranes. Luke Skywalker™ and his Uncle, Owen Lars, are sure to be impressed with the selection on offer: there’s R2-D2, an R1-series Droid, an R2 unit, R5-D4™, a Treadwell Droid™, Gonk Droid™ and even C-3PO™. When the sale is complete, lift the side panels and top to reveal more great features inside, like the engine, storage bay, cockpit and more. There’s even a speeder bike for when the Jawas need to venture outside.
- Includes 7 minifigures: Luke Skywalker™, Uncle Owen, C-3PO™ and 4 Jawas™, plus R2-D2™, R2 unit, an R1-series Droid™, Gonk Droid™, R5-D4™ and a Treadwell Droid™
- Features 8 tracks with steering function, lowering front ramp, opening side flaps, removable top, working cranes, speeder bike, opening hatch for easy access to the boxes, attachable handles for lifting boxes, and a detailed interior including engine bay, storage bay and cockpit
- Also includes stock for old droids and droid parts
- Weapons include a lightsaber for Luke Skywalker™
- Sell droids to Luke and his Uncle
- Keep your droids well maintained
- Pretend to suck R2-D2™ up into the Sandcrawler™ – just like in the movie!
- Own your own iconic vehicle from the classic Star Wars™ universe
- Relive classic moments from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Measures over 9” (24cm) high, 18” (48cm) long and 6” (16cm) wide
Sandcrawlers were large mobile fortresses used by Jawa scavengers on the desert planet of Tatooine. The vehicles drove on large treaded wheels and functioned as transportation for scavengers, as well as shelter from the harsh desert environment. Sandcrawlers were tall and mostly rectangular, but with a triangular front that held its cockpit. Sandcrawlers were used as part of Jawa scavenging operations and contained large cargo holds captable of holding 1,500 droids at a time.Magnetic suction tubes allowed the Jawas to quickly suck droids and pieces of scrap into the holds. Inside the Sandcrawler the reactor melts the scrap metal and droids.
30. 75060 SLAVE I
Track down fugitives with legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett™ aboard the powerful Slave I! This exclusive LEGO® Star Wars™ model features a rotating cockpit and wings for flight and landing mode, plus dual shooters and hidden blasters to repel attackers. Reenact the capture of Han Solo™ in Star Wars™: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back and take off from Bespin with the carbonite-imprisoned Rebel hero in the cargo hold. Attach the stand to display this iconic ship in characteristic upright flight. Includes 4 minifigures with weapons: Boba Fett™, Bespin Guard™, Stormtrooper™ and Han Solo™.
- Includes 4 minifigures with weapons: Boba Fett™, Bespin Guard™, Stormtrooper™ and Han Solo™
- Also includes Han Solo™ in carbonite!
- Features a rotating cockpit and wings, opening side hatches with hidden guns and missiles, 2 rotating dual shooters, cargo hold and a display stand with data sheet
- Weapons include special blaster pistol for Boba Fett™, blaster pistol for Bespin Guard™ and a blaster rifle for the Stormtrooper™
- Boba Fett™ and Bespin Guard™ minifigures are unique to this set
- Rotate the cockpit and wings for flight and landing mode
- Place carbonite-imprisoned Han Solo™ in the cargo hold
- Open the side hatches to unleash missiles from the hidden guns
- Showcase the huge Slave I in upright flight on the display stand
- Recreate classic scenes from Star Wars™: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Measures over 7” (20cm) high, 17” (45cm) long and 14” (37cm) wide in landing mod
Slave I was a modified Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft used by the infamous bounty hunter Jango Fett before the Clone Wars. Jango outfitted the craft with a number of weapons, including laser cannons, projectile launchers, and seismic charges.While under Jango's ownership, the ship was in a dogfight over Geonosis with the Jedi starfighter piloted by Obi-Wan Kenobi.After Jango's death during the Battle of Geonosis,the craft came into the possession of his son, Boba Fett, who used it throughout his own bounty hunting career.During the Galactic Civil War, Boba used Slave I to transport a carbon-frozen Han Solo from Cloud City to Jabba the Hutt on Tatooine.Originally, it had a blue base instead of the dark red, this was then changed when it came into Boba's possession
We proudly present the Ultimate Collector Series LEGO® Star Wars™ TIE Fighter™. As featured in many of the action-packed Star Wars™ battle scenes, including the decisive battle that led to the destruction of the first Death Star™, this large-scale LEGO-brick rendition of the classic Imperial starfighter has intricate detailing, as well as an opening top hatch and an exclusive TIE Fighter Pilot™ minifigure with a blaster pistol. And when you want to keep it safe from Rebel attack, mount the model on the display stand and keep yourself updated with all the key facts and figures on the included fact plaque. The Ultimate Collector Series TIE Fighter™ is the perfect addition to your Star Wars™ collection!
- Includes a TIE Fighter Pilot™ minifigure with a blaster pistol
- Features an opening top hatch
- Includes a display stand and informative fact plaque
- The perfect flagship model for fans of Star Wars™ and LEGO® brick building
- Collect one of the most iconic starships in the galaxy!
- TIE Fighter™ measures 18.5” (47cm) high, 12” (30.6cm) long and 12.2” (31cm) wide
The TIE/LN starfighter, commonly known as the TIE fighter, was the signature starfighter of the Galactic Empire, with a later model being used by the First Order. They were instantly recognizable from the roar of their engines and carried locator beacons enabling them to be found by the Empire. Designs for the TIE fighter were partly based on the Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor. TIE/LN starfighter were small in size and manufactured in masses by the Empire. They were outfitted with an ejection seat and twin laser cannons mounted to the "chin" section of the cockpit module
Edited by Deadfraggle