INTRODUCING THE BRICKPOINTS STORE...
Jeff and I have been hinting around over the past several months on ways to earn BrickPoints. We also hinted about various ways to spend these points. Well today I am here to inform and explain the current BrickPoints system and the new BrickPoints Store.
The BrickPoints system is based on site activity and producing site content such as LEGO set reviews and LEGO blogs and articles that get published on the BrickPicker site. A member gets points for all sorts of site activities. Here are is a summary of what members get for various site activities:
- 5 BrickPoints: Start a new thread or topic in the forums
- 1 BrickPoint: Reply to a forum thread or topic
- 1 BrickPoint: Comment on a blog article
- 1 BrickPoint: Comment on an image in The Gallery
- 500 BrickPoints: Join the BrickPicker site(one time)
In addition to those simple and automatic ways of achieving BrickPoints, you can earn large amounts of Brickpoints submitting LEGO Set Reviews or writing blog articles for our Community, Brickvesting orEvaluation Corner Blogs. Points are awarded as follows:
- LEGO Set Reviews: BrickPoints are awarded on content quality and quantity. A member will receive 10 BrickPoints for every 1000 characters submitted for a LEGO set review. Extra BrickPoints will be awarded for graphs, charts and pictures or just all around exceptional content. You can earn hundreds of points for one quality LEGO set review.
- Blogs: When a member submits an article about LEGO bricks, sets, investing, collecting, etc... for approval, the member can receive anywhere from 10 to 500 BrickPoints for an approved article. Articles that get posted on our homepage(Brickvesting/Evaluation Corner) will receive the maximum of 500 BrickPoints for their efforts. Other articles that get posted in the Personal/Community Blog section will receive points based on content and quality.
All in all, there are plenty of ways to achieve BrickPoints. New ways will be added in the future as well that reward the active, dedicated and content producing BrickPicker members. Now the question is, how do we use these BrickPoints? One way...THE BRICKPOINTS STORE!
Just like the name states, it's a store that accepts BrickPoints as payment for various LEGO sets. Think of it as a reward system for BrickPicker members. The more active you are on the site, the more BrickPoints you will earn and the better chance you have of earning a LEGO set.
It's very simple. Once a member earns enough to qualify for one of our posted LEGO sets, they will use the checkout process to notify Jeff and I that you want a certain set. The member will fill out the form so that we can mail that member the set that was chosen. The BrickPoints will then be deducted from the account. The posted LEGO sets can vary from time to time because of availability, so I cannot promise exactly what is posted, but replacement LEGO sets will be of similar cost, size and makeup. LEGO Gift Cards can be substituted in some instances.
The LEGO review BrickPoints have been added to the totals and the BrickPoints Log is now active. 5000 BrickPoints were deducted from those members who received a STAR WARS mini set previously. This was done to make it equal for all members and to assure everyone that our previous promise of a STAR WARS mini set to the first 100 members to reach 5000 BrickPoints was and will be satisfied. There will be many more ways to earn and spend BrickPoints coming in the near future, such as utilizing BrickPoints for FREE advertising and listing fees on the up and coming Brick Classifieds. In the meantime, Jeff and I hopes that BrickPicker members will enjoy and utilize this new feature. Thanks. Please let me know of any issues, questions or comments... Ed Mack