Materials guide for LEGO selling & shipping including postage box sizes

I guess this could be a relevant thread.

I received this email from PayPal this morning. 1:30am

075dea959cb12fff88c6e4bd3d628390.pngfbe1447f6969bd4a8cac73a077b86d30.png

.75 lbs is 12oz. So .78 lbs is .... 12.48oz

I was off buy less than 1/2 an oz.

First UPS steals my office chair.

Then Kmart sends me a mystery box of shoes.

Lego might not send me multiple freebies.

And usps is warning me about .48 oz.

So this is what it's like to be reseller scum.

Anyway, be careful. They're watching us.

• Like 4

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I need some advise.

I got a email from a pissed off BL buyer who was buying some Bionicle for resale. His package was completely MANGLED by USPS.

58a4f088a51e6_ScreenShot2017-02-15at4_20_34PM.png.93f9cff66199c98a94c65b8db81cd18e.png

Of course all of the boxes are smashed, and he was pissed. I refunded him for the three unsellable ones and gave him $10.00 in store credit to hopefully get him back in the door someday (~$30 total)

Then I went to file a claim with USPS, as the package had $50.00 of insurance attached to it. According to the instuctions, I had to give a statement of the items value from a credible retailer. As it was 70792 Skull Slicer, I attached screenshots of Kmart.com ($11.20) and Toys R Us.com ($14.99). I claimed $11.20 for each item for a total of $33.60.

I attached 12 pictures the buyer sent with me of the extensive box damage, and several of the crushed Lego boxes. I filled each as "collectables" as there was no other suitable category. Looking over it it looked just like the example from the tutorial video. I then submitted the claim.

This morning I check and see that it had been denied. No explanation and no email. Only note was that they had sent me a letter explaining the denial.

What should I do to get my money back? Appeal the decision? Wait for the letter? Talk to my postmaster?

I getting near my 400th order and I have never had problems like this before. I would appreciate any advise.

Edited by MinifigW
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

)

23 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I need some advise.

I got a email from a pissed off BL buyer who was buying some Bionicle for resale. His package was completely MANGLED by USPS.

58a4f088a51e6_ScreenShot2017-02-15at4_20_34PM.png.93f9cff66199c98a94c65b8db81cd18e.png

Of course all of the boxes are smashed, and he was pissed. I refunded him for the three unsellable ones and gave him $10.00 in store credit to hopefully get him back in the door someday (~$30 total)

Then I went to file a claim with USPS, as the package had $50.00 of insurance attached to it. According to the instuctions, I had to give a statement of the items value from a credible retailer. As it was 70792 Skull Slicer, I attached screenshots of Kmart.com ($11.20) and Toys R Us.com ($14.99). I claimed $11.20 for each item for a total of $33.60.

I attached 12 pictures the buyer sent with me of the extensive box damage, and several of the crushed Lego boxes. I filled each as "collectables" as there was no other suitable category. Looking over it it looked just like the example from the tutorial video. I then submitted the claim.

This morning I check and see that it had been denied. No explanation and no email. Only note was that they had sent me a letter explaining the denial.

What should I do to get my money back? Appeal the decision? Wait for the letter? Talk to my postmaster?

I getting near my 400th order and I have never had problems like this before. I would appreciate any advise.

I recommend that you contact USPS Consumer Affairs. Here is link to get you started to locate the nearest office.  Be polite and explain your situation.  Their job and duty is to ensure that your needs are met and satisfied. Furthermore, they are able to determine who to contact and what to get through in a chain of command.

Personal story, I was checking an eBay sale one day and I noticed that the package had yet to be delivered.  After talking with my local post office manager and calling the potential USPS office at the destination went nowhere, I got in contact with a Consumer Affairs office. Now the number I found was in Virginia but the Virginia people were kind enough to direct me to the right people in Florida and also give me names to contact. Within the same day, they managed to determine when my package was delivered, where it was delivered, and to whom it was given to.  So they were able to verify that the package was delivered to an agent and formally out of both our hands.  We were not liable for any of it.

As an aside, the buyer claimed that he had no idea who the person it was delivered to was and no one at the address knew said person, despite a paper trail showing it was delivered to someone.  But that's another story.

Give it a shot.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

I only ever use 3M brown packing tape. Last time I paid £45 for 100 rolls and shared them with mates. Cheap/crap tape is a false economy and gets unstuck too easily. Find others to share materials with and the price drops significantly.