Materials guide for LEGO selling & shipping including postage box sizes

On 5/3/2017 at 0:05 AM, Sfcommando14 said:

If you know someone who sells LuLaRoe, they receive their inventory in double-walled boxes.  The dimensions are 20x16x14 and 20x16x10.  Free double-walled boxes!

The larger fits multiples of everything smaller than the $100+ sets quite well for FBA purposes.

This stuff is not free.  The crap inside adds up.  Source: My checkbook.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I need a little help from you shipping pros out there. I only need about two dozen shipping boxes, a dozen in the 24 x 20 x 6 range and a dozen in the 24 x 16 x 4 range. For such a small quantity, what's the best way to obtain them? Any brick and mortar stores that carry them? Or better to buy online? Shipping charges from online stores seem to be cost-prohibitive. Would love some help. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, mfortunek said:

Hey everyone, I need a little help from you shipping pros out there. I only need about two dozen shipping boxes, a dozen in the 24 x 20 x 6 range and a dozen in the 24 x 16 x 4 range. For such a small quantity, what's the best way to obtain them? Any brick and mortar stores that carry them? Or better to buy online? Shipping charges from online stores seem to be cost-prohibitive. Would love some help. Thanks!

have you looked into Home Depot or Staples? You'll have to settle for sizes other than those listed. (cutting down)

Capture.PNG

I needed some shipping boxes and didn't have any Staples coupons, so I just discovered Jet.com is now selling corrugated boxes in all sizes.  I'll let you know how the quality is.

They appear to be different brands, depending on what you're looking for.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I needed some shipping boxes and didn't have any Staples coupons, so I just discovered Jet.com is now selling corrugated boxes in all sizes.  I'll let you know how the quality is.

They appear to be different brands, depending on what you're looking for.

Came here hoping you were posting about a Staples sale. But this is interesting. Looking forward to your report

• Like 1

The Tape at Costco is on sale for a month the sale started Junue 1st you get 8 rolls that cost $5-6 a roll at Walmart and Target thats about $40-50 so at Costco you are paying $15.50 plus tax for the 8 pack. Costco usually has this sale 2-3 times a year.

m935lf.jpg

xpwumb.jpg

Edited by emazers
  • Like 1

FYI...

for those with online ebay stores and signed up free email promos, eBay usually sends a free $25 promo each quarter or two that can be applied to tape and other shipping supplied.  i get the 12 rolls of tape since shipping boxes, envelopes, etc...  are usually free via carriers.

the ebay tape might not be as sturdy as the clear scotch shipping tape but 12 big rolls for free is more than enough to apply an extra layer of tape when needed.  free is free.

http://stores.ebay.com/ebay-Shipping-Supplies?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

s-l1600.jpg

BTW, the coupon / discount for Scotch heavy duty packaging tapes is back at Costco.  Best tape for the money.

Better than the free eBay tape?!!?!?! Blasphemy.

kidding aside, while I usually use the scotch HD tape I do find it to not be quite as sticky as other tape.

• 2 months later...

For those of you in need of some shipping supplies…Office Max/Depot has a 30% off coupon and B1G1 50% select shipping supplies going on.

Coupon Details

30% Off $30 Purchase

30% Off Qualifying Purchase of $30 or More. Excludes Gift or Prepaid Cards, Coffee, Calculators, Seating and Furniture, All Technology, Case Paper, Ink & Toner, Postage Stamps, Value Business Cards, Brother Label Printers and Tape and All Appliances. Minimum Purchase Required is Before Taxes and After Discounts. Limit 1 Coupon Per Customer. Expires 09/09/2017.

Coupon Code

http://www.officedepot.com/

Coupon Details:

B1G1 50% Mailing & Shipping

Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off Select Mailing & Shipping Supplies. Offer Expires 09/30/2017.

Coupon Code

http://www.officedepot.com/a/coupon/39085946/?cm_sp=office_supplies-_-mailship-bogo50pct-_-clp-top-ad1-3912

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cardkid said:

Question for people who have shipped large sets. i have a few I-rex sets to ship; size is 22.9 x 14.9 x 3.4 inches each. would you recommend sending each one in a separate box or double up and send two in a box?

Shipped large sets to where, buyers or Amazon?  If you are selling one at at a time, great, use 24x16x4.  If you are selling 2 at a time use 24x16x8 and put a piece of cardboard in between the 2 sets.

I'd just wrap them in loose kraft paper.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Shipped large sets to where, buyers or Amazon?  If you are selling one at at a time, great, use 24x16x4.  If you are selling 2 at a time use 24x16x8 and put a piece of cardboard in between the 2 sets.

I'd just wrap them in loose kraft paper.

shipping to Amazon. So 24x16x8 seems to be the best option?

Thanks!

Edited by cardkid
added thanks

27 minutes ago, cardkid said:

Question for people who have shipped large sets. i have a few I-rex sets to ship; size is 22.9 x 14.9 x 3.4 inches each. would you recommend sending each one in a separate box or double up and send two in a box?

i ship irexes  3-4 at a time (if i get lucky) along with some other sets using easy to get Walmart blue top "large 24x 18x18 boxe - i think they are like $1.04 each.  i do not wrap them individually bubble wrap.  i stack them on their side snug and make sure the box has no dead space fully packed with either boxes or bubbles.   

Edited by cladner