Materials guide for LEGO selling & shipping including postage box sizes

I understand some of you think that plastic bags will help with padding and perhaps even protection from rain damage.  However, I would caution against it as any plastic bag or thin plastic material is a lethal hazard to children.  With the size of some lego sets, a plastic bag that covers it could just as easily cover a child's head, and thereby cause a death by suffocation.  Whether or not an adult purchased the item, I don't know who is going to actually open the box on the receiving end.   I guess that this is part of the reasons why retailers have switched to using those sticker handles on large purchases, including legos, rather than child sized plastic bags that used to be so common.  Although the intention is well meaning, for me the potential --no matter how minute-- that a plastic bag could injure children is enough of a reason to not even consider its use.

I think in reality, someone could choke or suffocate on anything. Use your best judgement.  Intended for both shipper and recipient.

• Like 1

I think in reality, someone could choke or suffocate on anything. Use your best judgement.  Intended for both shipper and recipient.

I totally agree. The kids could choke on the Lego... There is no replacement for common sense - on both sides as you said.

Accutek makes a good product, I've been using mine since January with no problems.

Here is one:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=390921192851&alt=web

There are no specifications required but I know FedEx reserves the right to weigh your package and up charge if you don't have an accurate weight. I imagine the other shipping companies have something similar.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone recommend some minifig ziplock bags?  I ordered some bags in 2013 and just put another order in using my amazon purchase history. Just got the bags today and and they are not the same as the ones I bought in 2013.  The description says 2.5 x 3, what I got was 2 x 3.  The extra 1/2 inch is important because now I cannot fit the cmf pamphlets with the fig. Looking to buy from another company.

Here is the bags I ordered:  I am pretty cheesed at the moment.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZZYAIA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am finding myself increasingly lsot and confused on staples website. Let's say I want a pack of boxes that are 24x20x4. I go to boxfinder and enter that size. Nothing found. So where do I get that box in that size from Staples?

EDit: nm they don't sell that size. Guess I will just order from Uline full price. I need boxes in a really really bad way.

Edited by mscheaf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I too find uline's shipping charge prohibitive for a small fry like me.  I don't need 100 boxes at a time.  I know the size may not match as well, but for large Lego sets, perhaps this box from home depot is a better solution? 

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Plain-Brown-Box-26-in-x-26-in-x-6-in-10-Box-Bundle-PRA0143B/203596658?******=5yc1vZc89rZ1z0tupg

its dimension of 26 x 26 x 6 is large enough for almost all large Lego sets.  I understand that the dimension is not as perfect as what we can find from uline, but assuming you have a home depot store close to you (I would think that's true for most of us), you can just save the shipping cost by picking it up from the store.

I too find uline's shipping charge prohibitive for a small fry like me.  I don't need 100 boxes at a time.  I know the size may not match as well, but for large Lego sets, perhaps this box from home depot is a better solution? 

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Plain-Brown-Box-26-in-x-26-in-x-6-in-10-Box-Bundle-PRA0143B/203596658?******=5yc1vZc89rZ1z0tupg

its dimension of 26 x 26 x 6 is large enough for almost all large Lego sets.  I understand that the dimension is not as perfect as what we can find from uline, but assuming you have a home depot store close to you (I would think that's true for most of us), you can just save the shipping cost by picking it up from the store.

At the moment, you can do slightly better if you use 44461 coupon at staples (sign up for free rewards club to get free shipping). Yes you would have to buy at least $50 worth, but you can order variety of sizes (or just buy two 10 packs of 26x26x6 - per box cost is going to be around $2). And you don't have to drive to Home Depot

Edited by No More Monkeys

I am finding myself increasingly lsot and confused on staples website. Let's say I want a pack of boxes that are 24x20x4. I go to boxfinder and enter that size. Nothing found. So where do I get that box in that size from Staples?

EDit: nm they don't sell that size. Guess I will just order from Uline full price. I need boxes in a really really bad way.

Yeah, I found their search function clunky. Because if they don't have that exact size, they'll just say nothing found. I just browsed by length first, then width, then chose the ones that had the height I wanted.

Edited by minicoopers11