76007 - Iron Man: Malibu Mansion Attack

Tom J

You can add roubles, deblooms and even magic beans but it doesn't change the fact that it is the least interesting helicopter in any superheroes set ever and everything about the mansion is wrong.

But it has the great Tony Stark in it and his fancy armor :P Iron Man has a big fanbase under the younger ones and bought for the correct price, these sets will poof with Avengers 2

It will do well, direct links to the movie, it's a good enough set but it's going to to take time, like someone else said its unlikely to reaching high prices anytime soon. I haven't been able to buy this set yet as "the bat" and "bugle showdown" have been available for the same price. I was in the same boat for the batwing last year, smyths toys had a sale and could be picked up for around

Early signs don't suggest buyers share your view on 6863. Sales are slow, so comparing one of the worst performing Super Heroes sets to the best performing seems quite preposterous.

Sales in numbers on eBay and amazon have actually been quite high I think, seen loads shifted, summer has slowed to progress, most superheroes sets have not gone up in price since January, this Christmas should see the first wave actually starting to become quite rare.

As an investor, and that was the original question, I think you're better off buying the Malibu Mansion at this moment and not the Batwing over Gotham. Which one is the coolest? It doesn't matter, it's profit that matters!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2975590/

Batman vs Superman 2016

The question was whether to buy MM to see it sell well at Xmas, 6863 is long gone apart from the Argos returns sold on eBay, but to add to the argument which is more to the point, the last superheroes sets I picked up were 76005 and 76001 for

76007 is an alright set, but honestly I don't think it will explode or anything. There are two desirable exclusive figures, along with the Iron man suit, but the rest of the set is really just so so.

I think that 70$ or so is a reasonable prediction for this set. Getting it at $25 is a good buy, but I am not worried about this not being here past Christmas. I think it lasts until the end of next year or so.

76007 is an alright set, but honestly I don't think it will explode or anything. There are two desirable exclusive figures, along with the Iron man suit, but the rest of the set is really just so so.

I think that 70$ or so is a reasonable prediction for this set. Getting it at $25 is a good buy, but I am not worried about this not being here past Christmas. I think it lasts until the end of next year or so.

I'm thinking the Iron Patriot set will have the higher ROI of these two sets. What do you think?

How did you get those at 10 bucks?  Great score...

Target clearance and Kroger Marketplace clearance. It's a little work, but it's a little "right place at the right time" as well.  Although, there are still quite a few on the shelves at KMart, so I hope they clearance those at $18.00 at some point, which would make them $9.00 during 50% off clearance.

• 8 months later...

What are people's feelings on this set now. Found a few sets to buy at MSRP, but I'm a bit wary. It's not the most amazing set, but does have a couple of unique minifigures.

​If you're buying at MSRP, moving those funds toward an exclusive is probably a better option.  This is a slow grower at best.

• Like 1

I have sold the iron man and war machine minifigures separately on amazon for $10 each and they have gone up in price to roughly $11.48 and $12.74 respectively. That does not include the Aldritch Killian minifig and the boat. This set was on clearance at Walmart for as low as $5 though.

I have sold the iron man and war machine minifigures separately on amazon for $10 each and they have gone up in price to roughly $11.48 and $12.74 respectively. That does not include the Aldritch Killian minifig and the boat. This set was on clearance at Walmart for as low as $5 though.

​This the Malibu Mansion, not the Extremis Seaport Battle.

​If you're buying at MSRP, moving those funds toward an exclusive is probably a better option.  This is a slow grower at best.

​Probably right, it's a pretty small toy shop, so I might just note it and have a look back further down the line. If they still have them when it's further into retirement then I can revisit it.