STAR WARS VII - "The Force Awakens" - Movie Discussion

gregpj

It looks like the Headhunter.

I saw a quick pic this morning on the news.  Didn't hear that it was supposed to be an X-Wing, and also thought "Headhunter" as well.  Lucasfilm is saying that it is indeed an X-Wing, but I don't see it.

LEGO Z-95 value just went through the roof. (please somebody buy these things)
There are TWO blasters (or cannons or whatever you call them) on each end of the wings. Z-95 only has ONE blaster on each end of its wings. That is an X-Wing behind JJ. C'mon guys, do not let me out-nerd you on this ;) ;) ;) It is just weird seeing an X-Wing with blue paint. I supposed it belongs to the blue squadron ?

It looks like the Headhunter.

agree - thinking about going and seeing if the clearance head hunters are still at walmart...

it has only one engine per side like the z-95 but two gun turrets at thend of the wing like an x-wing.

the engine thing makes it look more like a z-95.

• Like 1

i did read the accompanying article saying its not the headhunter and the replies to the multiple tweets saying it looks like a z-95 headhunter and i watched the whole video and it looks like a z-95 with 2 turrets.

just because its tweeted doesn't make it the truth.

xwings have 4 engines.

this thing has 2.

and it is pretty ugly.

oh but its an x-wing didn't you read the article.

• Like 2

i did read the accompanying article saying its not the headhunter and the replies to the multiple tweets saying it looks like a z-95 headhunter and i watched the whole video and it looks like a z-95 with 2 turrets.

xwings have 4 engines.

this thing has 2.

and it is pretty ugly.

Yup, there go all those Star Wars fans, quick to point out mistakes (also mentioned in article). ;)

xwings have 4 engines.

this thing has 2.

and it is pretty ugly.

I agree...it's ugly.  You would think 30 or so years in the future and the vehicles would be a little more...how can I say it?!?  Modern/Futuristic?!?

I agree, the ship looks blah. Not to mention makes no sense at all. The X-Wing had four engines....this has two. So less power. The X-Wing housed an astromech droid to facilitate hyperspace travel...this does not. Seems like a pretty useless ship to me. And that rumored plot.....facepalm....i knew Disney would screw this up.

I agree...it's ugly.  You would think 30 or so years in the future and the vehicles would be a little more...how can I say it?!?  Modern/Futuristic?!?

Maybe they are going with future = smaller more efficient engines approach ? Why would they need bigger engines if the new smaller ones can produce more energy ?

I agree, the ship looks blah. Not to mention makes no sense at all. The X-Wing had four engines....this has two. So less power. The X-Wing housed an astromech droid to facilitate hyperspace travel...this does not. Seems like a pretty useless ship to me. And that rumored plot.....facepalm....i knew Disney would screw this up.

And Lego will have to re-release big MF of some sort, it seems, if that hysterical spoiler is of any truth. Might be intentional disinformation leak though...

Folks, aren't we all overreacting here?

Not me, just saying it is not an attractive looking fighter.  Looks hacked up.  Short.  I believe there are 4 engines, when the wings open up.  They look to be separated.  It does look somewhat retro. 

Not me, just saying it is not an attractive looking fighter. Looks hacked up. Short. I believe there are 4 engines, when the wings open up. They look to be separated. It does look somewhat retro.

I agree but we don't know what role this ship will play in the movie. Might be something they found buried in some desolate place. Just saying :)

And Lego will have to re-release big MF of some sort, it seems, if that hysterical spoiler is of any truth. Might be intentional disinformation leak though...

Easy to check. JJ Abrams only vehemently denied rumors that were true (cross-reference rumors about Cumberbach playing **** in Star Strek Into Darkness which turned out to be true) ;)

Rumors of a new MF are getting commonplace and from better sources.  I have to wonder if the new MF will be anywhere near the size of the old one.  I wouldn't think so, considering how LEGO seems to be downsizing some of their sets.  If they did make a 3000-4000 piece MF, it would be a sweet deal for LEGO fans and investors alike.  People could still argue that the 10179 was the "Big Daddy" of STAR WARS LEGO sets and deserves the $3000+ price tag, while new investors and fans could buy a nicer replica of the MF for a somewhat reasonable price.