Retired Product Update Thread (2014-2017)

few more were added today, looks like 5 but i cannot tell which ones.   That list is too long.  They need to clean it up.  Of note, all of the star wars that sold out in minutes and stayed sold out afterwards for the May sales promotion are retired now.  That is a good sign for the other long standing "Sold out" status sets. 

• 4 weeks later...

OK I have been through the list on Lego shop again.  I've identified 53 sets that have "Retired Product" status that weren't on my last update.  Here is a list of them along with the last date they were available in stock according to Brickset

bp_1407901784__newly_retired_aug14.jpg

I have also attached the full updated list for people who want the lot.

EOL dates table.xlsx

• Like 2

OK I have been through the list on Lego shop again.  I've identified 53 sets that have "Retired Product" status that weren't on my last update.  Here is a list of them along with the last date they were available in stock according to Brickset

Can I just publicly tell you how much I love you and your graphs and spreadsheets?  My OCD heart skips a beat.  You're doing my work for me.  Thank you.

• Like 1

Can I just publicly tell you how much I love you and your graphs and spreadsheets?  My OCD heart skips a beat.  You're doing my work for me.  Thank you.

Thanks.  I enjoy doing them and adding to the info resources we have on the site.  I'm glad others find it useful.  

• Like 1

Speaking of OCD, Grolim, did you exclude months without retired sets from your graph ?

Yep.  Probably shouldn't have done that as it skews the trend a bit.  I didn't even notice as I just ran a PivotChart off my data.  Might add the zero months in and repost it.

• Like 1

Beauty shop is finally marked as retired, I think. Used to be forever in "sold out"

Great, thanks!  It's hard to spot them sometimes as I go with the number of results in the "retired product" search.  e.g. running it on the 11th Aug I got 517 results and today I get 516 results.  I also then compare down the Themes list as I have recorded the numbers each one had from each update I've done.  Friends had 36 last time and 36 still today.  But it seems that after a while some sets drop off the searchable list into oblivion, so when we get newly retired ones they can be masked.  I'm looking at setting up a smarter data collection method, but for now, anyone that spots any set changes manually is a big help.

I think city park cafe and city garage were "retired" as well, but not sure. we need grolim to run some magic

Maybe Winter Village Cottage got "retired" just now? 

City Park Cafe and City Garage are new this week, thanks for that.

Cottage has been retired for a few months

Did not find it in the list above. Though maybe I was looking at wrong list

Yep, had 10229 on the list already. (line 96 of the spreadsheet)

TLG just retired a bunch of sets, some of the popular ones: 9515 9525 9464 (VH!!!) 6230 4440.... can't name all  (oh yeah, not to say that SSD, already causing quite some discussion in a separate thread... lol)

Had those already, but thanks for checking them out.  Definitely adding the SSD!

OK I now have a smarter system set up for capturing changes in the "retired product" Lego shop search results.  I ran it a couple of times and found quite a few sets that I had missed off my list.  I've filtered out any Duplo sets, or accessories like minifigures, motors, cables etc.  This is a list of all the newly found ones.  I've also added a column called "Status Updated" that records the date I ran the numbers and found the newly tagged Retired Product sets.  

bp_1408593717__newly_retired_aug14b.jpg

And attached is an updated full list of all sets to date.   As sets drop off the Lego "Retired Product" search page into oblivion this will soon be one of the only sources for that info.

EOL dates table.xlsx

• Like 5

OK I now have a smarter system set up for capturing changes in the "retired product" Lego shop search results.  I ran it a couple of times and found quite a few sets that I had missed off my list.  I've filtered out any Duplo sets, or accessories like minifigures, motors, cables etc.  This is a list of all the newly found ones.  I've also added a column called "Status Updated" that records the date I ran the numbers and found the newly tagged Retired Product sets.  

And attached is an updated full list of all sets to date.   As sets drop off the Lego "Retired Product" search page into oblivion this will soon be one of the only sources for that info.

Wow thank you!