Retired Product Update Thread (2014-2017)

22 hours ago, Haay said:

Well that's quite a surprise. I'd expected for Poe's X-wing to go first, but I'm guessing the black&orange colour scheme is more popular than the grey&blue ?

Doesn't surprise me. They probably want to reissue it without much redesign to include generic pilots rather than TFA characters.

• Thanks 1

Guest TabbyBoy

It'll be interesting to see if any of these boring run-of-the-mill, often heavily discounted Star Wars set will even reach RRP after retirement, I'm beginning to think not as much as I'd like them to as I have both X-Wings and some MFs (I'm not using MILF as it means something else!). If any of the new Star Wars movies inspire us (which they should) instead of being more-of-the-same, they'll be long remembered and any merchadise should appreciate. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a resurrection of 75149 with different minifigs.

The First Order Transporter has started to climb above RRP a year after retirement.  I think some of that is that it's the only set with Phasma, however it's rumored we could get a battle pack with Finn, Rose, Phasma and an Executioner stormtrooper so that could halt the momentum of that one.  However at current Amazon prices in the states, if you bought when they were at the walmart 50% off it's now a 2x winner.  If the transporters are used in the next two films it could be a winner because you need those sets to transport your troops into battle.

I've also noticed some black series figures, and 3.75" figures are starting to also rise above RRP (depending on the figure), so while it's not OT demand it's at least starting to show signs that not all is lost with this trilogy.  I think it's good to be highly selective though.  I wouldn't invest in many Kylo Shuttles, but X-wings at discounts are probably going to  be good to have as an investment.  They won't be AT-AT's, or any of the other sets from 2014 though.  

So the sudden 'straight to retirement' policy for Lego has got me thinking. Are they streamlining and sending the remaining stock straight to Amazon etc, rather than selling their own stock? Will we now see less lines in the Sales and Deals at SAH?

I received a 60134 Fun in the Park (Seal Code 36S7) and Speed Champions 75870 (Seal Code 39S7) today from Amazon. The boxes have barely cooled down from the factory printing.

It'll be interesting to see how long these sets are available direct from Amazon. Other retailers seem to have much less, if any, stock. 

Guest TabbyBoy

This is my way that takes 2min to run and populate my spreadsheet:

I have my own "webscraper" script that I have written in VBA for Excel which simply searches for "Retired Product" via the URLs below:

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/search/retired product?S1=&callback=json&cc=gb&count=18&do=json-db&i=1&jsonp=jsonCallback&lang=en&page=1&pt=shop&q=retired+product&rank=rankUS&sp_q_exact_9=gb

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/search/retired product?S1=&callback=json&cc=gb&count=18&do=json-db&i=1&jsonp=jsonCallback&lang=en&page=2&pt=shop&q=retired+product&rank=rankUS&sp_q_exact_9=gb

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/search/retired product?S1=&callback=json&cc=gb&count=18&do=json-db&i=1&jsonp=jsonCallback&lang=en&page=3&pt=shop&q=retired+product&rank=rankUS&sp_q_exact_9=gb

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/search/retired product?S1=&callback=json&cc=gb&count=18&do=json-db&i=1&jsonp=jsonCallback&lang=en&page=60&pt=shop&q=retired+product&rank=rankUS&sp_q_exact_9=gb

This simply gathers the data from all 60 current pages on UK and places the set numbers in order into the corresponding cells on my spreadsheet. Since I use an iMac, I also have to set up a .iqy file to define each URL to query. Sorry, I can't share this as I've spent a lot of time fine tuning it and it's always a work in progress. At least it gives you all an idea of how to find out the information quickly once you've spend a few hours setting it up. It's actually easier on a PC than Mac as you don't need the external .iqy files. But, I really hate Windoze!

I do the same thing to get daily cryptocurrency prices of the coins I have and then this goes into a graph every month.

It's all a doddle when you know how ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

And there's the rub

I can't even get data up in a json viewer using the URL's above

I edited the URLs slightly so that they wouldn't get "nicked" ;-)

I'll PM you when I'm done with my latest version. But, it'll be for Office Mac not PC.

Guest TabbyBoy

Or... as a workaround if you want the entire list instead of clicking 59 times to see every page of retired sets:

Search for "RETIRED PRODUCT" and then enter the URL below in the same browser session. Please note that you'll need a resilient browser to display the entire page. I've tested it in Safari, but Edge shows errors:

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/search/retired product?S1=&all=1&callback=json&cc=gb&count=18&do=json-db&i=1&jsonp=jsonCallback&lang=en&m_sort_json=pricehigh&pt=shop&q=retired+product&rank=rankUS&sp_q_exact_9=gb

Edited by TabbyBoy