End of the Line for Monster Fighters?

I was at Target today, and their usually abundant LEGO aisle was very very sparse. The only Monster Fighters they had left was a whole bunch of the Werewolf sets (which no one seems to want,) and one Mummy which was on clearance. That clearance tag is about the biggest indication you can get that these are disappearing soon, at least from Target. So keep a close eye on this situation...

I was at Target today, and their usually abundant LEGO aisle was very very sparse. The only Monster Fighters they had left was a whole bunch of the Werewolf sets (which no one seems to want,) and one Mummy which was on clearance. That clearance tag is about the biggest indication you can get that these are disappearing soon, at least from Target. So keep a close eye on this situation...

Yes I agree. I have an article about Monster Fighters coming out in the next day or so.

The only Monster Fighters they had left was a whole bunch of the Werewolf sets (which no one seems to want,) and one Mummy which was on clearance.

"The Werewolf" and "The Mummy" are okay sets. I like the versions of these characters in the MINIFIGURES line a lot better personally. "The Vampyre Hearse" and "The Zombies" are sets in that perfect 'middle ground'. Each offers quite a bit for a good price, and leaves plenty of room for growth!

Speaking of the Christmas buying season, my credit card bill came in the mail today :(

Oh joy....

Well, have fun with that!

Went to two Targets today, none of the Monster Fighters were on clearance. They even had Vampyre Castle in stock. I've never seen Ghost Train on the shelves. None of the Lego sets were marked down or on clearance, so it varies per region. I'm in Northern CA. Had some luck at Walmart where the Avengers Quinjet was $50.

If Monster Fighters does go EOL already, the biggest question is whether the Haunted House goes as well. I can't see the Haunted House going away so soon but if the rest of the theme goes EOL, wouldn't it be a little odd to only have one set available from a theme?

Good point...Maybe the Haunted House will retire as well. This thought has crossed my mind many times. The Haunted House is an iconic set IMO and will be produced for awhile, but that is just "my" opinion. LEGO sometimes has different ideas for sets than I.

The Haunted House is an interesting specimen. While it is officially a part of the Monster Fighters line, I think it will outlast the series and become a standalone product. I look at it this way...the only thing Monster Fighters about it is the mini figures. Take them away, and you still have a very cool haunted house to build. There are lots of people out there who collect "creepy" things and are horror movie enthusiasts, etc. and these are the people that will keep buying and keep the Haunted House in business. Another thing to bare in mind is that the Haunted House is a LEGO exclusive. There will be no concerns about retailers needing to get rid of it to make room for upcoming sets. I think how sets are doing at retail outlets is a good yard stick for LEGO to measure how successful a set still is. Without the retail aspect of it factoring in to production time, I think LEGO will make the Haunted House for a while yet as long as it continues to sell. My prediction is at least through next Halloween. As for the rest of the sets in the MF line...if you want them, I would say get them now. Someone pointed out earlier that the MF supply is different from one region to another. That is very true, but I don't think that will be the case for long. The other regions will all catch up before long.

Same at my target all werewolf one kind of hidden mummy on sale for like 8 something west Dundee I believe.

The Haunted House is an interesting specimen. While it is officially a part of the Monster Fighters line, I think it will outlast the series and become a standalone product. I look at it this way...the only thing Monster Fighters about it is the mini figures. Take them away, and you still have a very cool haunted house to build. There are lots of people out there who collect "creepy" things and are horror movie enthusiasts, etc. and these are the people that will keep buying and keep the Haunted House in business.

Another thing to bare in mind is that the Haunted House is a LEGO exclusive. There will be no concerns about retailers needing to get rid of it to make room for upcoming sets. I think how sets are doing at retail outlets is a good yard stick for LEGO to measure how successful a set still is. Without the retail aspect of it factoring in to production time, I think LEGO will make the Haunted House for a while yet as long as it continues to sell. My prediction is at least through next Halloween.

As for the rest of the sets in the MF line...if you want them, I would say get them now. Someone pointed out earlier that the MF supply is different from one region to another. That is very true, but I don't think that will be the case for long. The other regions will all catch up before long.

The haunted house will be appearing at retail stores soon or at least their online stores.

At my local stores, I'm only seeing a few MF discounted : Ghost Train has the biggest % off (.28) . Swamp Creature, Were Wolf, and Mummy are slightly discounted (and the most common). Castle and Crazy Scientist are rear retail when found, since Dec 1, inventory has been erratic with Train, Scientist, and Castle - a few in one week and gone the next to only have a few show up again. As we know, Zombies is MIA at retail. The Hearse is a strange one (no pun). Somewhere in the middle with regards availability sets like Swamp / Wolf and Train / Scientist. I just wish it was known if thie sets I'm seeing are new or old inventory from the warehouse. I'm thinking old inventory at regional warehouses since some MF sets can't be had online but can in store. According to lego shop, they wither some MF shipping now are in a few weeks.

I think it is very possible that Lego has decided to have seasonal Halloween sets, so while HH may be available year round the other sets will mostly pop up around Halloween and then be hard to find the rest of the year. Of course, this is just a guess, but I think most of them were popular enough to come out again in 2013.

I'm guessing MF will be gone when the summer sets come out. I'm pretty sure that will be the end of the line, and we'll see how long Lego keeps the Haunted House around. Hopefully it doesn't become the House of the Living Dead and stick around for 4 years!

i just took a closer look at the Vampyre Castle purchased last Monday at Target. It does have a red colored clearance price tag. If the color red does mean it won't be in-stock anymore (as read on this site by a poster), maybe this set is near retirement???

I believe he mentioned this is something Walmart does. But it could be that Target has the same system. For example I read somewhere that if a clearance item at Target ends in .88 then that means it will get further discounts in the future (if it lasts that long). Anyway maybe someone can offer some feedback on red colored tags at Target.