10242 - MINI Cooper MK VII

TheDarkness

52 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Who says the BMW isn´t retiring too?

There they go off into the sunset... well um a forest or something.   On a Cooper note was interesting to see Target liquidated roughly 2500 of them over the last 2 months or so.   Unfortunately they were paired with some other merchandise that wasn't so good and went to high.   Lot of Coopers to liquidate though.

cooper.jpg

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Do we know what Creator vehicle is coming out this year?

I´d heard something about a London Cab but I reckon a plane is overdue.

I hope not as Tower Bridge will then have another 10 years!

I am pretty sure that this is the windscreen from shop at home online

Element 6239024
Design number 35159

This is the item number on bricklink: Windscreen 2 x 10 x 3
Item No: 24607

hope this helps

5 hours ago, bigfanofnu said:

Did you order from Lego SAH online? which part number is the New one? 6133615?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Val-E said:

Just make sure they come in the new box and with the windscreen modification.

Yeah, unfortunately I have two 10242 sets in the old boxes with the old windscreens. :( 

I also have one 10242 built and on display. That was the older version as well, so when I contacted LEGO about the windscreens they were forthcoming in sending a replacement windscreen. Unfortunately they only sent one new windscreen for the front. I expected two new windscreens, for both front and rear... 

Wondering if LEGO CS is prepared for a steady flow of requests for new windscreens after 10242 retires and all these hoarded (older) boxes for reselling start to trickle out to people actually building the set and then asking LEGO for replacement windows. Provided they do know about the changed windscreens.

Edited by Haay

Guest TabbyBoy

Once this cock-up becomes more public, prepare for problems with buyers down the line and possible negative feedback. It's not LEGO's responsibility after EOL as the buyer has the contract with YOU not LEGO. You WILL see some buyers who will refuse to contact LEGO as they didn't buy it from them. I know LEGO will help (not if bought on eBay), but could run out of the new parts very soon if there's a deluge of requests. I've just called them and are getting 4 sent to me. They DID ask for proof of purchase and my 2 both came from LEGO,  phew. I'm just glad that I didn't buy more as LEGO could then flag me as a reseller. LEGO really need to sort out their QA, it really sucks these days.

Guest TabbyBoy
20 minutes ago, Val-E said:

It´s not an actual defect, though. I only have my personal build with old box and windscreen ad never bothered to ask for the parts.

It'll drive me bonkers now that I know about it - my OCD is killing me!

Now that the cat is out of the bag, fussy UK buyers will DEMAND perfection. Replacement windscreens cost less than a return so I'm sending 2 with every Mini regardless.

BTW... I also have an extra 44x 4x2 white plates for the 22x 10220 T1s that I have in the old boxes. For the sake of pennies, why chance it?

Just remember, those that have the T1 and Mini in newer boxes can (and should) state that they are the "correct" version of the set. I'll certainly be doing that or stating that I'll be including the missing/correct pieces. I always go the extra mile which is why my outside eBay repeat business is over 5x the volume of new eBay sales.

18 minutes ago, Val-E said:

It´s not an actual defect, though. I only have my personal build with old box and windscreen ad never bothered to ask for the parts.

Correct. The newer windscreen looks slightly better but it's nothing like the functional problem that WALL-E's neck had. 

The original version of 10242 is a fine looking model. Just that the front windscreen has sides that are slightly protruding in the door openings which was fixed with the newer windscreen. 

For (European) resellers like TabbyBoy who want to go the extra mile for their valued customers, here's the new windscreen part that can be ordered through Bricklink :) 

24607.png

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=148290&idColor=13&view=buy&ccName=6133615#T=S&C=13&O={"color":13,"ss":"NL","reg":"-1","iconly":0}

• Thanks 1

Guest TabbyBoy
37 minutes ago, Val-E said:

There are T1´s in the old box with the extra 2 tiles and Minis in the new box with the old screen. That won´t help your OCD, will it?

Yes it will as my customers will have 2 extra spare parts at worst and I'll not be getting any returns or negative feedback.

Guest TabbyBoy
37 minutes ago, Haay said:

Correct. The newer windscreen looks slightly better but it's nothing like the functional problem that WALL-E's neck had. 

The original version of 10242 is a fine looking model. Just that the front windscreen has sides that are slightly protruding in the door openings which was fixed with the newer windscreen. 

For (European) resellers like TabbyBoy who want to go the extra mile for their valued customers, here's the new windscreen part that can be ordered through Bricklink :) 

24607.png

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=148290&idColor=13&view=buy&ccName=6133615#T=S&C=13&O={"color":13,"ss":"NL","reg":"-1","iconly":0}

Thanks, I've asked LEGO CS to replace them and hopefully they'll be correct. It's a shame we can't open/reseal the boxes to be sure without wiping 20% off the value. I got the 4x2 white tiles cheap when I bought 50x off eBay for £3 last year ;-)

BTW... LEGO online are sold out of the windscreens.

Edited by TabbyBoy