10242 - MINI Cooper MK VII

TheDarkness

My only complaint is that the Mini logo seems to be a sticker again... The only thing making this set not perfect. It is not a hidden cockpit or flavor image, it is important. Seriously. LEGO. Stop. Just stop.

Edit: Oh i just saw the video. The sticker is more annoying than I thought. I love to see how he is skulking, precisely avoiding to mention them. :P

3544272.jpg

• Like 2

Thinking about this set a few hours after seeing the pics and after watching the video, I actually can`t wait for this. They`ve crammed a lot of details in there, and the finished project looks great. The Camper is a solid build/display, but this is something different. 

Wow, its 100 dollars in most of the US, 120 dollars in California (stupid regulations) and 90 euros in Delaware?  Is Delaware the first state Obama made join the European Union?

Yes it's cra-cra here ever since he and Biden forced the union

Was not interested in this before when there were no pics. Changed my mind.  Looks great!

Guest TabbyBoy

For a classic iconic car designed in Britain, built in Britain and painted in British racing green, the steering wheel simply has to be on the British side. More cars on Earth are right hand drive than you think eg. UK & Ireland, India, Pakistan, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, South Africa Malaysia, etc.

I must admit, I was fearing a studdy/lumpy model like the Beetle. This final version is much better and I'm building one as soon as it's available. Buying to invest is a couple of years away as Lego will be pumping these out thick amd fast.

Sweet, looks great I think. Love all the little details, especially at the front and rear and the interior. Love the British racing-green colour too, great choice.

Except for the sticker. Enough with the stickers already please LEGO.

If I was nit-picking, I'd say they didn't quite nail the shape though. It looks a little boxy, almost like an old VW jeep or something. Not an easy thing to get right with LEGO though I suppose, so a good effort. I'll be building this for sure.

rover-mini-cooper-sport-S1198464-1.jpg

• Like 1

Looking at the size of this - it's a relatively small model, compared to the VW camper van. May be a licensed vehicle model that not only looks great but also being more affordable (hopefully!)

Isn't that because it's a... MINI?  Haha!

On first glance I am not sure I liked it. One, I was expecting it to be the current model, not the classic. Two it looks small.

Looking at it further, I think its at the same scale as the camper and is therefore obviously smaller - the original car was only 3 metres long.

I assume the price point $99.99 points to a

If I was nit-picking, I'd say they didn't quite nail the shape though. It looks a little boxy, almost like an old jeep or something. Not an easy thing to get right with LEGO though I suppose, so a good effort.

I came to the same conclusion, a fantastic model let down only by the boxy shape. Otherwise it's an exceptional design that's oozing intricate details. This will be a must have for any fan.

Are you serious... The classic Mini is one of the most iconic cars of the last century, why on earth would Lego release a model based on the modern day version?

Mainly because all the talk here indicated (to me at least) it was going to be modelled on the 2007 Mini.

It's

Mainly because all the talk here indicated (to me at least) it was going to be modelled on the 2007 Mini.

Hooray, a price drop! :D

Will this be an exclusive anyone know, or have similar availability as the Camper.

It is an exclusive. Set is well done and priced fairly in my opinion. I love the picnic basket and wine bottles/cheese .

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

It is an exclusive. Set is well done and priced fairly in my opinion. I love the picnic basket and wine bottles/cheese .

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I can totally see Mia sitting there on her own picnic blanket with her croissant, sandwich, and bottle of orange soda.

brickpicker_set_30108_1.jpg

• Like 1