10242 - MINI Cooper MK VII

TheDarkness

Apparently no unique parts, but some like the wheel wells (which are windscreens) haven't been produced in very many colors. In fact only trans colors and white. The rare parts are all body pieces and don't come in same or complementing shades. Booooo.

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

Better get the spray paint ready ...

Better get the spray paint ready ...

If I do, it'll be spice orange!

I may seriously try to do an alternate color and see if I can make it more like the remake in the process. After building the proper set of course. :)

That why I wondered earlier whether it had any unique parts, if not, then you should be able to build it in any colour. :)

Looks like the exterior wheel humps (Windscreen 3 x 6 x 1 Curved) are unique. They are usually used as windshields (e.g. the 8092 Landspeeder). Only available in 3 solid colors including the green (black and white)

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=62360

On a side note... I wonder how many MOC we will see that resemble the Austin Power's 2001 version but with the Lego model year (1996-2000). :)

The British / GP flag on the roof would be AWESOME.

Guest TabbyBoy

"The British / GP flag on the roof would be AWESOME"

Unfortunately, that's on the BMW version (not a proper British Mini) which I hate with a passion,  nothing like the original classic.  I like the number plate in the picture above though! ;-)

Apparently no unique parts, but some like the wheel wells (which are windscreens) haven't been produced in very many colors. In fact only trans colors and white. The rare parts are all body pieces and don't come in same or complementing shades. Booooo.

So we can make it white, witha black roof, or black with a white roof.

If I do, it'll be spice orange!

I may seriously try to do an alternate color and see if I can make it more like the remake in the process. After building the proper set of course. :)

You don't need one in spice orange, you already have one! :P

• 4 weeks later...

My only complaint with the model is the rear windshield, it's too vertical and doesn't flow smoothly down into the trunk like the real thing does. This gives it too boxy of a look. But otherwise I love it and definitely plan to pick one up to build.

Guest TabbyBoy

That side profile above is a superb shot and I take back what I said before about the arse end looking odd.  I've already reserved one at my local John Lewis branch to pick up the day it's out (and maybe clear the shelves!).

That side profile above is a superb shot and I take back what I said before about the arse end looking odd.  I've already reserved one at my local John Lewis branch to pick up the day it's out (and maybe clear the shelves!).

I have been offline foe a week, so I'm out of he loop. But have we a launch date yet?