10242 - MINI Cooper MK VII

TheDarkness

No I mean the flipping market as in selling it before it's official August 1st release (ie. now) bundled with the mini mini. 

Recent ebay sold listings have the 10242 alone going for 160 - 230. I'm just wondering if some idiot valued customer would pay $300 for both together and finance the purchase of two more plus profit.

Since you're asking for an opinion, I'll give you mine - too much for, for too little profit.

But, if you can see yourself getting the numbers you want to get, go for it. 

One Question. Sorry if it was  answered before.

Can you get the MINI Polybag in august as well from EU S&****?

I saw USA august promo and it says you can get the mini poly as a promo for purchases more than 99$ ; couldn't find anything that confirms it in EU as well.

I really want to get the poly but don't want to get 10242 in july as I don't believe in the short flip for that.

Since you're asking for an opinion, I'll give you mine - too much for, for too little profit.

But, if you can see yourself getting the numbers you want to get, go for it. 

Yeah I think I'll just hang on to it. Although this is the first set I've been tempted to crack open and build, the next few years are going to be difficult.

No I mean the flipping market as in selling it before it's official August 1st release (ie. now) bundled with the mini mini.

Recent ebay sold listings have the 10242 alone going for 160 - 230. I'm just wondering if some idiot valued customer would pay $300 for both together and finance the purchase of two more plus profit.

Assuming you can get 2 mini mini polybags on 2 separate purchases, then buy 2 10242. Quick flip 2 10242's for $160 ea. will net you about $40 total. Probably best to keep the polys but that is your choice, but you could likely net more if sold separately. Slim profit margins but new releases tend to sell quickly which can make it worthwhile. Act fast bc prices will be bid down very quickly. If your time is not best used elsewhere, then it can be a useful method to reduce your overall investment. I grabbed a few other items that I can flip to make the trip worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Just picked up the mini and the mini mini from the lego store in town. Says that a few people came in early and that they'd sold about 8 by noon. Says they have a good amount in the backroom...They didn't have anymore shredder minifigs or would have gotten it too. Both mini's look great up close. Been an expensive month so far with all the great sets recently released!

Just picked up the mini and the mini mini from the lego store in town. Says that a few people came in early and that they'd sold about 8 by noon. Says they have a good amount in the backroom...They didn't have anymore shredder minifigs or would have gotten it too. Both mini's look great up close. Been an expensive month so far with all the great sets recently released!

I am thinking about going down maybe next weekend. Can't wait.

Wondering if we can get multiple mini cooper by ordering different items over $100 (like regular poly bags) or if the cooper is one per household.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Someone mentioned earlier that they purchased two Mini Coopers and got two polybag minis.

Wondering if we can get multiple mini cooper by ordering different items over $100 (like regular poly bags) or if the cooper is one per household.

I believe that is their stated policy on the promotion, but they never fill orders that way, at least in the U.S.  If your order qualifies for the promotion then they add the promo to your shopping cart and it gets shipped to you, no matter how many orders you place.  I can't say that is true in all cases all of the time, but it seems to be how they have handled it for years now.

• Like 1

So we've gone from panic buying when a set is officially retired, to panic buying 6 months before retirement when it momentarily is "Not Available," (GE and SSD) to panic buying this brand new set before it even comes out?  Man, does Lego have us right where they want us!   :help:

Today, I was at the Lego store looking at purchasing the new Mini Cooper with the smaller mini cooper poly bag, that is available to VIP members, but I was afraid they would flag me because I have already purchased one on LEGO Shop at Home. Do they keep track of how many VIP exclusives sets each member buys to prevent them from buying more than one or can a VIP member go to multiple stores and purchase exclusive sets?