10242 - MINI Cooper MK VII

TheDarkness

Guest TabbyBoy

You predicting a shortage?

With 34 watchers (one of them is me) and counting on the eBay listing that CNH1974 sent, this will be in very high demand.  Americans much prefer Mini's to VW Campers and this will be a hot item and I have a feeling Lego may not produce enough.  After fees and if it's a fussy buyer,

Guest TabbyBoy

No offense but I don't understand why you did this.

You're not the seller are you?

None taken but, I'm think it's wrong for sellers to list stuff that they don't have to hand as what would happen if Lego stock ran out of stock or couldn't ship in time?  That'll be an instant negative feedback in my book.  I buy a lot of bicycle components (some on eBay) and I find this very annoying when I look for the latest items and they are not available for weeks.  I only list items that are in hand and packed ready to go.

I'm a troll sometimes and I admit it. ;-)

You're not the seller are you?

No I'm not the seller (lol).

I don't like quick flipping new sets (I have no problem with old sets but I don't like making money on brand new sets, it's not the same spirit).

I didn't understand why you asked a discount if the problem is about availability. :)

But as you said (about trolling), if it's only to bother the seller, I understand now (as for me I would have simply ignored him... :P )

No I'm not the seller (lol).

I don't like quick flipping new sets (I have no problem with old sets but I don't like making money on brand new sets, it's not the same spirit).

I didn't understand why you asked a discount if the problem is about availability. :)

But as you said (about trolling), if it's only to bother the seller, I understand now (as for me I would have simply ignored him... :P )

I have no problem with people quick flipping, but as people have said, that buyer is lining himself up for a -ve (he has 100% feedback now).

I have no problem with the price, he's a chancer and some plonker may bite. But as he does not have the set, it should not be listed.

If I had say,

• 2 weeks later...

Now available for purchase on the US LEGO Shop page (appears to be VIP only as expected) - http://shop.lego.com/en-US/MINI-Cooper-10242

Includes free Flashback Shredder Figure and MINI Cooper Mini Model (40109) as well.

Limit 2 per household.

Interesting. I didn't expect both freebies to be added. Reminds me of the VW Camper polybag freebie last fall. I think some people were able to get 3 freebies or something if they bought the right sets.

Anyone here can confirm if purchase in store, do we still get 2 free poly? 

I thought with the VIP early access you had to purchase online only, but I'm not 100% sure.

EDIT: Never mind, they mention in the fine print that you can get them if you show a VIP card in the store.

So what are the ideas on flipping it right away with the mini mini vs. holding on to it? How did the T1 Camper do when it was an early release including the mini camper?

The mini camper was well after the initial T1 release. If you want to try and flip for $5, go for it but the flipping market on new sets is pretty teenie unless it goes out of stock. I personally don't see that happening.

Sent from Multi-Post iPod touch using Brickpicker

Not sure about flipping mini mini, but I was able to sell the ballon cart poly for $18 the first few days of promotion, after that, it drops down to $13 and still not getting sold fast.

I think for hot item like this, it would be best to sell it before it floods on ebay, just my opinion.

Not sure about flipping mini mini, but I was able to sell the ballon cart poly for $18 the first few days of promotion, after that, it drops down to $13 and still not getting sold fast.

I think for hot item like this, it would be best to sell it before it floods on ebay, just my opinion.

No I mean the flipping market as in selling it before it's official August 1st release (ie. now) bundled with the mini mini. 

Recent ebay sold listings have the 10242 alone going for 160 - 230. I'm just wondering if some idiot valued customer would pay $300 for both together and finance the purchase of two more plus profit.