Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - general discussion

Turtle Power!  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which intro/theme tune do you like best?

• Original from 1987-1996
    • Second from 2003-2009
    • Current from Nickelodeon
  2. 2. Do you like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle sets?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you think the sets will be good investments?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

You never know. Themed sets can do very well as in STAR WARS/Harry Potter or not as in Prince of Persia/POTC. TMNT are geared towards kids, so if the Turtles make a huge comeback(say...the new movie coming out), I can see very strong sales for these sets. But if the new movie tanks and kids of today are bored with the Turtles, all bets are off. Overall, I like the theme's chances of being successful.

Then again the toy story 3 movie was a success however the lego market for them was beyond terrible

many people who see the movie probably wont even realize they make TMNT legos

Bought a bunch of Lego sets this weekend from my local Walmart clearance isle, sets from 50% to 81% off. My question is they had about 7 of the TURTLE LAIR ATTACK 79103 for $24, is it even worth buying at this price? Thanks

it is absolutely worth it at that price. if you wanted to sell now, the figs alone would cover the cost at that price, but if it was me i would buy and hold them for a few years and sell the set complete. tmnt will do very well once it goes eol. go ****** them up, if they are still there.

Bought a bunch of Lego sets this weekend from my local Walmart clearance isle, sets from 50% to 81% off. My question is they had about 7 of the TURTLE LAIR ATTACK 79103 for $24, is it even worth buying at this price? Thanks

Buy all now, think later. You can always keep the receipt and return them if you get buyers remorse (or they dont sell) within the return policy dates.

Buy all now, think later. You can always keep the receipt and return them if you get buyers remorse (or they dont sell) within the return policy dates. Buy now keeps away the dreaded "Buyer's Remorse". Mwahahaha!

Besides unless the set is totally craptastic, how can you lose with something being offered for half off?

I just can't figure why brand new sets are being offered for that much off. Astounding.

I just can't figure why brand new sets are being offered for that much off. Astounding.

because it is walmart and most of the minions working there don't have a clue. i am sure the walmart 5 miles away from this one still has them at full retail (which they should since i can't imagine why this set would be on clearance anywhere at this point). their mistake is bebo911's gain. go get'em!

I think it is a general concensus that this theme will not do outstandingly. I like the minifigures, and may just get the minifigures off eBay or BrickLink, but I probably won't be investing heavily in this. I think even if this theme was a huge winner, I would still have more SW sets at the end of the day....

I'd say general opinion is that the set designs are pretty lame but as values go, they will do well in both the primary and secondary market. I'm not 100% sure but it feels as though we will not get another wave of these.

These are my exact feelings! If this is the end, I see a bright future in the secondary market. If Lego drags this out with more sets I feel the value will diminish.

The problem is the sets are based off of the new Nick series, not the old cartoons many of us grew up on. A set with the big round footsoldier robot thing would have been great. The minifigs are really cool, and my son loves the sets, but I'm not sure how to evaluate these. If they are a one and done, I do think they could turn into a sleeper set...

I agree it could be a sleeper series.

but TLG really did drop the ball on TMNT.

I mean the largest set is not even 500 pieces I believe?

really? C'mon Lego! they easily could've and should've made the

Turtle Lair Attack Playset 800-1,000 pieces

Agreed!

I'll be passing on these. I liked TMNT in my youth as well, but feel the sets don't really come across as having any collector value. Maybe the minifigs do, but the sets are too play oriented for me. Second wave is a good question. May depend on the popularity of wave 1. Haven't heard any rumours of more, so could be 1 and done.

Every other thing that TMNT has made does well on the secondary market. They have been around and on air forever. They have a huge following. I guess there is the chance that they finally makes something that flops but my guess is it will not be LEGO sets. I think these sell much better than people think. I see them fly off the shelves around me and have yet to see a decent sale on them.

• 2 weeks later...