Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - general discussion

Turtle Power!  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which intro/theme tune do you like best?

• Original from 1987-1996
    • Second from 2003-2009
    • Current from Nickelodeon
  2. 2. Do you like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle sets?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you think the sets will be good investments?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Has anyone else seen all the new TMNT toys they have out now? My walmart has a giant row of them. Some of them look pretty sweet.

Yes...they have an even better selection at TRU.  They have two exclusive lines there that include the the vintage characters and classic.  (They are just different sizes.)

I used my 20% off coupon to grab a couple of full set sof the figures and the re-released van.

EDIT:  If they had the Secret Lair for 70ish bucks...Thats an AWESOME price.  I was selling them for 220 with free shipping last year.

Yes...they have an even better selection at TRU. They have two exclusive lines there that include the the vintage characters and classic. (They are just different sizes.)

I used my 20% off coupon to grab a couple of full set sof the figures and the re-released van.

EDIT: If they had the Secret Lair for 70ish bucks...Thats an AWESOME price. I was selling them for 220 with free shipping last year.

They weren't supposed to honor any of those prices for use with the coupon. I assume you received a manager override for all those? Those are all "Hot Price" items, just curious?

They weren't supposed to honor any of those prices for use with the coupon. I assume you received a manager override for all those? Those are all "Hot Price" items, just curious?

I am not sure I understand the question but if you are asking if they gave me 20% off the price, the answer is yes.  I did not have to get managers approval. 

EDIT:  They honor the 20% off coupon on the website too.  They just won't give you free shipping.

I am not sure I understand the question but if you are asking if they gave me 20% off the price, the answer is yes.  I did not have to get managers approval. 

EDIT:  They honor the 20% off coupon on the website too.  They just won't give you free shipping.

The 20% off coupon does apply to the classic stuff and classic van, so those must be what you bought.  The 20% off coupon does not apply to the New TMNT standard figures, vehicles, RC Shellraiser, Sewer Lair, and maybe some others, since all of these are marked as "Hot Price" items.  The only way you'll get those at 20% off is if you get a manager override.  Just trying to help the folks out here who might go into TRU expecting one thing and get a different result.

The 20% off coupon does apply to the classic stuff and classic van, so those must be what you bought.  The 20% off coupon does not apply to the New TMNT standard figures, vehicles, RC Shellraiser, Sewer Lair, and maybe some others, since all of these are marked as "Hot Price" items.  The only way you'll get those at 20% off is if you get a manager override.  Just trying to help the folks out here who might go into TRU expecting one thing and get a different result.

Ahhh Ok.  Yeah, I didn't even try to buy any of those.  Just the classic (6 inch) and vintage (4 inch) release.  I didn't touch the Basic figures 4 inch figures.

Maybe it's because I saw the proposed cuusoo design. I cannot get over the goofy looking pupils in the new turtles.

They got dark Leonardo right though. All the turtles should look like that.

I can agree to that. The Shadow Leonardo captured everything about the original action figures aside from not being green with his no pupils and that kick-your-ass grin. I'm fine with the way how the Turles minifigures look except for Michelangelo as they gave him freckles and the dumbest expressions. Leonardo and Donatello look the best out of the bunch and so does Raphael but Mikey? :hmm:

• 2 weeks later...

Next year is really going to be a boost for TMNT. 

They will have their new additions to their "Classics" modern toy line

They will be into wave 2 of their reissue line

They will have Season 2 of their super popular cartoon.

And the most important is they will have a live action movie in 2014.   Now love it or hate it, it will launch TMNT into a whole new spectrum.   Transformers was in the same boat, they were POPULAR, but when the 2007 Micheal Bay movie came out (again LOVE IT or HATE IT), it did amazing, made Transformers even more mainstream then it already was and toy sales for the vintage and new alike sky rocketed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just out of interest, I checked eBay UK for prices on sets of turtle minifigs.  I think every single lot was either custom figs from Hong Kong or keychain dudes that have had the "keychain carefully removed".  I'm not sure what a set of four from actual sets would go for.

I'm interested because I now have about 10 of each set, apart from Stealth Shell Pursuit, with the intention of splitting some up and selling the figs and keeping the other parts. :)

Amazon is the best for discounting at the moment. The Lair is 17% off. That is my favorite set of the bunch, packed with features, only one with Splinter, even an extra minifig sort of since it includes a wooden Shredder for sparring with.

You're giving me the urge to click...must fight!