Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - general discussion

Turtle Power!  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which intro/theme tune do you like best?

• Original from 1987-1996
    • Second from 2003-2009
    • Current from Nickelodeon
  2. 2. Do you like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle sets?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you think the sets will be good investments?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I can say that on my last shopping trip, there was barely an TMNT left at Target. (Five boxes of "Shredder's Dragon Bike", 3 "Stealth Shell in Pursuit", and one banged up "Krang's Lab Escape" I think.) Wal-Mart must have only just received their shipment because they had a decent amount of stock on most 2013 sets. They even had a couple of 2011 sets for some reason. Still no CHIMA and many other sets there. Target still is the only place for me with CHIMA and they are nicely stocked with those.

One thing that stuck out, out of all the 'Speedorz', the "Ring of Fire" with Razar set was almost sold out. (Only three or four left compared to the fifteen I saw last week.) First time I saw these sets, I thought that this one would be the most popular. Could go the same way as some NINJAGO spinners? Never know.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the look of the minifigures, annoyed that they havn't been released in the UK yet. I'm actually really suprised with the minifig designs, I can see them appealing to all ages. The shellraiser will definately be an opener, nice to see a technic shooter instead of flick missiles. I'm a bit reserved for the other sets but can't tell until I get to see some for real on a shelf.

If I've not got my dates muddled, TMNT release in the UK is 15th Feb? I'm looking forward to seeing the sets but can't see myself rushing at this one (though I agree that the minifigures look great).

I'm right there with you Rich..........I don't think this theme will ever interest me. It did however give me the urge to watch the original movie 1 and 2. Lol at vanilla ice! Go ninja go ninja go go go go ninja ninja rap! Lmao!!!!

To go slightly off topic, I actually saw Vanilla Ice do a small gig at a big festival a couple of years ago. He did Ice Ice Baby, Go Ninja Go, and, presumably because he was enjoying himself so much, an unscheduled repeat performance of Ice Ice Baby. It really was quite the evening.

I don;t think it has anything to do with whatever show. TMNT has been around for 20 years. They can't keep anything TMNT on the shelves during Christams. LEGO has done a terrible job promoting them. Everyone one of my friends knows I sell TMNT stuff and i am still getting text from people asking if I saw the TMNT legos b/c they didn't know they had them. Word will get out... Very few characters have lasted as long as TMNT... Time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a quick comparison question just for fun.
Which intro/theme tune do you think is the best?

A.) Original from 1987-1996

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNa2Fr6CA0E

B.) Second from 2003-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZX2rW0ZfXA

C.) Current from Nickelodeon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIDwMf6B2PE
(I had one with the actual animated intro but that video was taken down by Viacom for copyright infringement.)

I'm an originalist, so I already voted for the first.
How about you guys, where do you stand?

I can't believe someone had to ask, maybe theorcking has become so disillusioned with humanity he thought someone would like the current one more ;) that's the only possible explanation! There are a lot crazy people out there...

Like I said, this was a 'just for fun' kind of question. And yes, there are some wierdos out there. Skim through the youtube comments for the new version, seems a lot of people actually like that one for some reason. I don't think there is enough "Sweet Mary J" in the world to get me high enough to understand that at all.