Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - general discussion

Turtle Power!  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which intro/theme tune do you like best?

• Original from 1987-1996
    • Second from 2003-2009
    • Current from Nickelodeon
  2. 2. Do you like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle sets?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you think the sets will be good investments?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

My bets on the minifigs. Theres nothing I can associate with when it comes to the sets, but the main characters have been unchanged from what I remember as a kid (though no beebop and rocksteady). The importance of the weapons included are on par with the Jedis lightsabres in my opinion, and the unique shell/head pieces are just perfect.

My bets on the minifigs. Theres nothing I can associate with when it comes to the sets, but the main characters have been unchanged from what I remember as a kid (though no beebop and rocksteady). The importance of the weapons included are on par with the Jedis lightsabres in my opinion, and the unique shell/head pieces are just perfect.

You said it. The characters make the sets, the builds are whatever. Good parts though.

This is a tough call. There isn't much to go by to compare these sets to when trying to gauge how they'll fair once EOL. I will point out one thing of note: during the buy one get one 50% off sale currently underway at Toys R Us Ninja Turtles are expressly excluded from the sale. Could just be due to the fact that they're new releases for 2013, but it may also reflect popularity of the sets. Galaxy Patrol is also brand new and no such restriction was placed on them. Food for thought. Tread carefully though. Even if you personally love this theme you don't want to sink serious capital into it only to find you have another Atlantis on your hands a year from now.

• 3 weeks later...

Fun Trivia = The co-writer of the 1987 theme song was Chuck Lorre, creator of Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory!

Really now....Didn't know that!

The most recent theme pays homage to the original, so it gets points for that at least.

Yeeeaaah it starts out that way and makes you think "Oh cool", and then quickly goes to poop.

• 2 weeks later...

The minifigs are cool, one review that keeps jumping out at me is the poor construction of the shellraiser. Apparently it falls apart easy if its moved, yet alone played w/.

That one struck me as wierd too, specially considering that these are meant to be played with from the start by kids. That's pretty bad when a grownup like us has any build fall apart just from looking at it funny.

Megan Fox once said in an interview her grossest habit is that she sometimes forgets to flush after #2.

Um.... that's disgusting. Get it together lady.

My wife is easy on the eyes and I never walk into the bathroom and have to stare at a floater. Just saying....

Oh lord.... Hot or not, that will kill any mood.

Yuck.