LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

OK, I guess we need a poll.  I know there were BBT fans out there.  Who watches or have kids that watch "Adventure Time"?  I mean, it's ok, but again, picking something that has run it's course already.

I thought the show is still on?  At least they are aiming at kids with AT set, unlike BBT

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Yes, it's still on, but it's been on for 6+ years.  I don't really think it's all the rage right now.

Lego is also bringing us Angry Birds this year. Angry freakin' Birds. They aren't always the hippest or most up-to-date company. Maybe that's the appeal.

Edited by biking_tiger
I'm a grammar idiot.

3 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

Lego is also bringing us Angry Birds this year. Angry freakin' Birds. They aren't always the hippest or most up-to-date company. Maybe that's the appeal.

AB is getting a movie. Surprise, AT is getting one too. Cashing in on impulse buying due to the movies is good. At least if the movies themselves are enjoyable. Otherwise it is Lone Ranger, which has actually decent sets.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, inversion said:

AB is getting a movie. Surprise, AT is getting one too. Cashing in on impulse buying due to the movies is good. At least if the movies themselves are enjoyable. Otherwise it is Lone Ranger, which has actually decent sets.

Especially since LEGO cannot get into licensing deals with popular Teen+ rated video games the likes of Halo and CoD

41 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Especially since LEGO cannot get into licensing deals with popular Teen+ rated video games the likes of Halo and CoD

I only miss Warcraft. Part of my childhood and would result in truly awesome minifigs and locations.

Anyway, I won't wish for anything until we can see a Second Age Sauron fig. After seeing the most obscure characters getting figs from Star Wars and Super Heroes, it is truly a shame on LEGO. Could have been a best seller Dimensions pack at least. There is still some hope left for that tho...

Edited by inversion

I admit I'm surprised by Adventure Time getting the nod.  I just kinda figured it was another licensed submission that wouldn't go.  I won't be surprised when this does well.  AT has a huge genre following.  People that like to spend money on merchandise for a show they enjoy.

The Caterham 7 looks good.  That's more of a "traditional" type of Ideas set that I like to see.  I won't be picking up AT (I have no interest in it, and neither do my kids), but I'll consider picking this set up.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

The Caterham 7 looks good.  That's more of a "traditional" type of Ideas set that I like to see.  I won't be picking up AT (I have no interest in it, and neither do my kids), but I'll consider picking this set up.

The Seven will look great next to the other cars.  Ill be snatching one up definitely.  Should do well for resale as well, though I suspect demand will be higher in EU than in NA.  All assuming of course they dont butcher then Seven to get it in at a lower price point.

7 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I admit I'm surprised by Adventure Time getting the nod.  I just kinda figured it was another licensed submission that wouldn't go.  I won't be surprised when this does well.  AT has a huge genre following.  People that like to spend money on merchandise for a show they enjoy.

The 7 will probably be a release day purchase for me. I agree on Adventure Time; I don't watch it but I know it is popular.

Here's a thread to discuss speculation on the next wave of Ideas sets that are up for review.  These are sets under consideration from September 2015 to January 2016.  Which of these sets do you want to make it into production?  Which of these sets will actually make it into production?  Which of these sets would be a good investment?

Take the poll and share your thoughts!

1562930-o_18vmhqges1sqlofi1uhe1s0c8o7-fu

1911029-o_19l7o7ba57em1mqbmookjc1vi17-fu

1619349-o_1932ivvi0am11d4v10rsm8l16r37-f

1780221-o_19d5ougso1a0ach86r5k9pdjhe-ful

1650883-o_195dr19051qjvn9lhbnr8k1svh7-fu

1840038-o_19getda3v10k4lsh1l13iiglhl8-fu

1965659-o_19omilccu17omfd1fi1b841ij7g-fu

Screen Shot 2016-03-11 at 12.02.04 PM.png

1975141-o_19p655d18e6tlp2176l18sugkf7-fu

• Like 1

Which of these sets do you want to make it into production?  

• Apollo 11-Saturn V
  • Beatles Yellow Submarine
  • Toyota Landcruiser

Which of these sets will actually make it into production?  

• Toyota Landcruiser

Which of these sets would be a good investment?

• Apollo 11-Saturn V
  • Beatles Yellow Submarine
  • HMS Beagle
  • Toyota Landcruiser

I'd really dig the Yellow Submarine.  I just don't think it fits with the LEGO Brand necessarily, and I don't think it an easy license to get.  I think the others are either too big or too much of a shot in the dark to make happen.  I think the Landcruiser has a pretty good shot.  LEGO has a history now of making good cars, and being successful at licensing them.  Seems like Toyota should be a good fit.

I think the four sets I mentioned would be great investments though, if they were produced.

The Caterham Super 7 is a great vehicle more visually interesting than the MINI Cooper and seeing how amazingly LEGO tackled the MINI and Ferrari recently, I have good faith in the designers to surprise us once again. Now regarding Adventure Time, on one hand I am a little surprised considering past trials involving licensed properties but then on the other I am not considering they just designed sets around the Angry Birds film plus Adventure Time is a Cartoon Network series and LEGO is already teamed up with them on Mixels for starters so pushing product based on the animated show seems like a given.

Anyway glancing over all the submissions in this review phase, these two ideas seemed like the only real viable options honestly. You have the car for adults and the characters for the children. Everyone's happy!

Car is cool, but how many people outside of vintage race car enthusiasts are really going to know what it is?  When I was reading through this on mobile, I hadn't a clue what a Caterham 7 was.  Adventure Time is not getting my dollars either.  My son watched it for a little bit a couple years ago, but hasn't in some time now.

Lego needs to wake TF up.  2 more Lord of the Rings submissions made 10k.  Lego, AFOL's love LotR and will buy big D2C sets from it.  I'm not even close to the biggest LotR fan out there, but I'd love to have Rivendell, or Minas Tirith, or Edoras, etc.  We got none of that except for that poor Council of Elrond set. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Well, Caterham is not a vintage car maker. The design references the original Lotus Seven, true, but they are in production right now (and there is even current distribution in the USA). Everything from simple lightweight versions in kit form to fire breathing monsters at near sport bike levels of performance.

Recognisable iconic design outside of the USA and, like the F40, will make petrolheads, whether AFOL or not, drool. Hell, I'd buy a 1:1 Seven in a heartbeat if I had the money for an extra fun car.