LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

The big sets are impressive, especially the Nautilus but they will never make it into production, the other sets look really lame to me. It looks like the Concorde was made from fake Lego in 20 minutes flat and the National Park set is just terrible.

If it wasn't for the rolling BB-8 model I think ideas 2016 would have been a write off so far.

I'd love to buy Beatles Yellow Submarine, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Nautilus and Victorian London Christmas.

Unfortunately, I doubt any of these has good chances of being released as an Ideas set. Under the right circumstances (this excludes overproduction), all of them could turn out to be great investments.

Beatles would be an amazing shocker. I can't even imagine the licensing involved with the different estates to use the likenesses. 

National Park Service seems too US focused, I can't imagine that would have much if any WW appeal?

I like the Concorde idea and they could improve it for final design. 

If one of them makes it through, I would bet on Apollo first, Landcruiser second. 

Thanks, nice poll and thread given the IDEAS results from today.

I like the NPS set, but if it would have had larger, scenes from more iconic parks (i.e., Old Faithful from Yellowstone NP; Yosemite's iconic waterfall Bridal Veil Falls), it would hold more worldwide appeal.  But, I would vote on this set most likely getting into production out of all of them.  I'm sure Lego has already "borrowed" ideas on the modulars from the last two IDEAS rounds and we may see them at some point directly from Lego.

Given the ambiguous nature of IDEAS project's acceptances these days, I'm not sure any of these get in, even the NPS set.  I have no idea how some of the projects get accepted and other, of more merit, get declined other than piece count and potential licensing issues.  Unless Lego "borrowed" one of the recent LOTR set ideas, we will not likely see another one of those sets, which disappoints me greatly.  A $350-$500 Minas Tirith or Rivendell seems not to be out of place given Lego can produce a $350 Ghostbusters HQ, which seems to be an audience even more limited.

• 1 month later...

The submission period for January 2016 to May 2016 closed yesterday.  LEGO has nine new entries to consider (same as this period).

Considering the difference between a close date of the beginning of January and an announcement date of March, we may be waiting until the beginning of July before we see the results from this.

On 10/03/2016 at 11:25 PM, meowsmeowsmeows said:

Thanks, nice poll and thread given the IDEAS results from today.

I like the NPS set, but if it would have had larger, scenes from more iconic parks (i.e., Old Faithful from Yellowstone NP; Yosemite's iconic waterfall Bridal Veil Falls), it would hold more worldwide appeal.  But, I would vote on this set most likely getting into production out of all of them.  I'm sure Lego has already "borrowed" ideas on the modulars from the last two IDEAS rounds and we may see them at some point directly from Lego.

Given the ambiguous nature of IDEAS project's acceptances these days, I'm not sure any of these get in, even the NPS set.  I have no idea how some of the projects get accepted and other, of more merit, get declined other than piece count and potential licensing issues.  Unless Lego "borrowed" one of the recent LOTR set ideas, we will not likely see another one of those sets, which disappoints me greatly.  A $350-$500 Minas Tirith or Rivendell seems not to be out of place given Lego can produce a $350 Ghostbusters HQ, which seems to be an audience even more limited.

The problem with that is I bought a GBH just based on the building without actually seeing the films. Because it looks good with modular sets and is a cheap alternative to the modular firehouse

46 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

The problem with that is I bought a GBH just based on the building without actually seeing the films. Because it looks good with modular sets and is a cheap alternative to the modular firehouse

Argh! It's GBHQ folks, we're getting our acronyms all tangled up this way.

• 1 month later...

On 3/11/2016 at 0:13 PM, Alpinemaps said:

Which of these sets do you want to make it into production?  

• Apollo 11-Saturn V
  • Beatles Yellow Submarine
  • Toyota Landcruiser

Which of these sets will actually make it into production?  

• Toyota Landcruiser

Which of these sets would be a good investment?

• Apollo 11-Saturn V
  • Beatles Yellow Submarine
  • HMS Beagle
  • Toyota Landcruiser

Well, guess I suck at predicting Ideas results!  lol

4 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

Disappointed they didn't make the Landcruiser. Yellow Submarine doesn't interest me personally but it could be a good investment set. I might buy the Saturn V depending on how it turns out. 

I prefer the earlier era Beatles, but the Yellow Submarine is interesting to me from an iconic perspective.  I'd actually prefer to have the Concorde over the Saturn V rocket.  Now I need to go look for an SR-71 Blackbird MOC.

5297808719_3fe20c4b2d.jpg

• Like 1

I'm happy with these: not a huge Beatles fan, but I'll get two and buy several as gifts for huge fans (and then probably build them for the recipients).

Saturn V? In another life that was my field. So, uh: yeah, with a cherry on top.

Both first day purchases for me.

Finally a Lego set I can buy FOR my MOM!!! She will absolutely love the Yellow Submarine!  I hope she doesn't find out about it before hand!  What a great surprise it would be!!! She saw the Beatles when she was 18 and STILL To this day talks about it when a Beatles song plays! 

• Like 2