LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

9 hours ago, gregpj said:

(for the record, when our city is done construction I plan on trying my hand at recreating some of those mini mocs... they're awesome sauce)

Is a LEGO city layout ever finished?

Personally, I wouldn't mind a Voltron set if there weren't several ideas in that review that I much prefer.

• Like 1

I think Voltron is a slam dunk as long as they can get the licensce. It hits too many demos. Older guys that saw the original and younger kids that are watching the new cartoon. 

And playability. Voltron has that.

The dive shop may not get selected because of is similarity to the boat shop. We saw that happen with Research Institute and its successor that was submitted.

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

And playability. Voltron has that.

The dive shop may not get selected because of is similarity to the boat shop. We saw that happen with Research Institute and its successor that was submitted.

What was the successor to the Research Institute?

On 07/10/2016 at 6:12 PM, gregpj said:

Research Institute came first... then it was Science Adventures. Lots of people thought it was sure thing that would cause RI's value to explode again but LEGO poo-poo'ed that.

Science Adventures linky... https://ideas.lego.com/projects/83039

Similarly after Birds became an official set the designer sent in another project with 3 additional birds in the same style. That project didn't even reach ten thousand votes. But even if it would have reached the required votes, I severely doubt Lego would have turned that into another official Ideas set. 

I don't think TLG allows (unwritten rule?) multiple connected sets from the same fan-designer become official Ideas sets. So once a submission by a designer actually becomes an official set, the other submissions by the same designer that are similar in style to the approved submission can be scratched from possible approval, even if they reach those coveted ten thousand votes. So with "Old Fishing Store" by RobenAnne approved to become an official set, I really doubt his next submission Boat Repair Shop will pass the next review round.

• Like 1

• Alpinemaps pinned and unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Come on LEGO, give me some results! Give me Voltron!

We should be getting 2nd 2016 Results soon. Unfortunately, last year it was March 11 for the 2nd round 2015 results.

Ugh! Let's go Voltron Force!

When I look at the 2nd 2016 Review Round contestants, I have a strong feeling that Voltron is the only set that has a good chance to be approved for official production.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, micbelt said:

Voltron needs to approved, wasn't it the fastest ever to 10k votes?

Voltron is a no brainer but $$$ could get in the way.  Voltron IP owners may want too much money to allow Lego to make the set but they would be dumb to not allow. With the new cartoon this would be good publicity for them.  

Edited by jbacunn

Voltron needs to approved, wasn't it the fastest ever to 10k votes?

I believe so. It was submitted on Apr 11, and just missed hitting 10,000 supporters for the May 1 cut off date (for the 1st round) by hours.

Voltron is a no brainer but $$$ could get in the way.  Voltron IP owners may want too much money to allow Lego to make the set but they would be dumb to not allow. With the new cartoon this would be good publicity for them.  

Of course, that's going to be a big challenge. It has a chance though - Season 2 just dropped on Netflix last month and merchandise just hit the stores last month as well.

A well timed release with season 3 could be good. I could see this set being released around the same time a season 3 could hit.

This would be the first set tied to a Netflix show, I believe.

As you can see, I can justify anything when it comes to this set.

4 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I believe so. It was submitted on Apr 11, and just missed hitting 10,000 supporters for the May 1 cut off date (for the 1st round) by hours.

Of course, that's going to be a big challenge. It has a chance though - Season 2 just dropped on Netflix last month and merchandise just hit the stores last month as well.

A well timed release with season 3 could be good. I could see this set being released around the same time a season 3 could hit.

This would be the first set tied to a Netflix show, I believe.

As you can see, I can justify anything when it comes to this set.

I don't watch the cartoon.  Is there a significant design difference between this Voltron and the old school one?  I'm sure that they would want this Voltron to be based off the Netfilx version and not the old school one which is the one I remember.  

On 09/10/2016 at 4:00 PM, Haay said:

Similarly after Birds became an official set the designer sent in another project with 3 additional birds in the same style. That project didn't even reach ten thousand votes. But even if it would have reached the required votes, I severely doubt Lego would have turned that into another official Ideas set. 

I don't think TLG allows (unwritten rule?) multiple connected sets from the same fan-designer become official Ideas sets. So once a submission by a designer actually becomes an official set, the other submissions by the same designer that are similar in style to the approved submission can be scratched from possible approval, even if they reach those coveted ten thousand votes. So with "Old Fishing Store" by RobenAnne approved to become an official set, I really doubt his next submission Boat Repair Shop will pass the next review round.

well, they are stupid then and missing a huge opportunity, those sets by RobenAnne are gold, I would definitly buy them all.