LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

34 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

The first picture of Old Fishing Store surfaced on reddit albeit in low quality. There are only small differences compared with the original idea. Also, at least 4 minifigures are included.

Interesting that the picture of the Old Fishing Store surfaced before a picture of the Apollo 11 Saturn V set, which should have a release before the Old Fishing Store...

I also noticed that the set-number on the box is 21310, while at Brickset it's still listed under number 21309. I guess that number will be used by the Apollo 11 Saturn V set instead. ;) 

Edited by Haay

1 hour ago, Haay said:

Interesting that the picture of the Old Fishing Store surfaced before a picture of the Apollo 11 Saturn V set, which should have a release before the Old Fishing Store...

Hopefully they are not scaling it down ?

Saturn V is high on my list.  Hopefully my expectations don't greatly exceed the TLG version.

• 3 weeks later...

Women of NASA - sorry, but lame.

I will accept today's results. I'm sure the Voltron licensing is a little more complicated then most. There's US and Japanese companies involved. But it gives me hope that LEGO is pursuing and feels like it can happen.

I'm guessing now it will be June before we hear. Geez...a saga that's lasting more than a year. But I think the climate for Voltron to happen is better now than it was even 4 months ago.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TANV said:

Something tells me that it might be a good idea to unload those 21110 Research Institutes soon...

I disagree. This will enhance the collectibility of RI. People always want the first wave they missed out on but oyu need a second wave for that, which isn´t a complete remake.

• Like 5

While many may dislike this for bring similar to Research Institute 2.0., this is one of the few LEGO sets that depicts real-life historical female minifigures working in their typical setting rather than generic minifigures. Furthermore, LEGO is wanting to capture more attention and a larger market share of the female half of the human race than relying on their other themes.

This set likely has some political and topical relevance going for it.  Also, I do believe NASA did tweet about this awhile back so it had their tacit backing as well as generating their publicity.  Don't forget, NASA has a stringent protocol on their logo usage and rights.  So LEGO had to get permission which is tricky.  In this day and age, space is still the final frontier.  

If it still bothers you guys, there still is Voltron lurking in the future.