LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

1 hour ago, agp548 said:

Another stupid choice, but should've been expected with all the crazy feminists out there.  if Lego didn't chose this set you can bet that there would be ridiculous claims of sexism. And people would've blamed it on trump. 

Lol no they wouldn't. I don't like the set much either, but let's not forget it did get the required number of votes, so it's obviously popular with a lot of people. Also, Lego know it will likely get good press too.

• Like 1

Yay science. Will go great with RI and a winner if not Exosuited.  These are perfect interiors to city buildings, go great on desks or office shelves.  The affirmative action quote by dcdfan is sadly correct, "if your not a woman, or member of a minority, or better yet a female member of a minority then you might as well not apply", quote the off mic group managers.  If we were being politically correct we would all question the prevalent usage of "lame". And dudes we just got fishing shack and will probably get voltron, come on.

Edited by junkrigger

"
I do think this set has merit, just by virtue of the fact that it will gain a lot of publicity coupled with the recent success of the film Hidden Figures.  There is no such thing as bad publicity in this situation. The investment potential remains for this set in the future.

"Hidden Figures" was the first thing I thought of when I heard about this. With NASA budgets being stagnant And famished. I'm sure they were eager to get this through.

With the movie still fresh in people's minds, I think this could do well. For Lego anyways. Idk about us.

Dad's who want something to build with their daughter. Gold.

Let's be honest.....it was a pretty bad Lot considering:

• I don't think they'll ever put a Modular in (as cool as the Construction Site was) nor a CREATOR type building (Merchants House/Observatory/
  • I don't think you'll ever see one of their licensed products as an IDEAS product (Land Speeder)
  • Adams Family House would be too close to Scooby Doo/Haunted Mansion.
  • They seem to want to do cars on their own (Lamborghini)

That leaves Plum Creek (I'm not sure many people know about Little House on the Praire anymore), The Hadron Collider (Interesting but boring...and it seems like there's been a Hadron Collider on that Ideas page for 5+ years), Spaceballs (obscure movie) and Lovelace and Babbage (the idea of IDEAS is to sell sets...something I don't think LOVELACE & BABBAGE would do).

That leaves Women of NASA and VOLTRON.....and while I'm sure 99.9995% of LEGO fans would have loved to see the VOLTRON set.....maybe with the new VOLTRON series...the licensing rights were hard to get. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scuttfarkas said:

• I don't think they'll ever put a Modular in (as cool as the Construction Site was) nor a CREATOR type building (Merchants House/Observatory/
  • I don't think you'll ever see one of their licensed products as an IDEAS product (Land Speeder)
  • Adams Family House would be too close to Scooby Doo/Haunted Mansion.

That leaves Plum Creek (I'm not sure many people know about Little House on the Praire anymore), The Hadron Collider (Interesting but boring...and it seems like there's been a Hadron Collider on that Ideas page for 5+ years), Spaceballs (obscure movie) and Lovelace and Babbage (the idea of IDEAS is to sell sets...something I don't think LOVELACE & BABBAGE would do).

That leaves Women of NASA and VOLTRON.....and while I'm sure 99.9999% of LEGO fans would have loved to see the VOLTRON set.....maybe with the new VOLTRON series...the licensing rights were hard to get. 

Fixed it for you. lol    I wanted Voltron so bad. I was on the verge of punting puppies and punching babies.. I'm still optimistic though, the video said don't rule it out.. Like others said, I think they are trying to procure the licensing, which can be an issue.  Hopefully they get it figured out by next release.  

The first set bought online was the research institute set. I bought it for my kids and a few for gifts. I will for sure buy the new woman science set too. Not because I am a feminist, but because I am a woman who is a scientist and the price point is great for gifts. There are plenty of small to medium police, fire, ninja, and Star Wars sets which Lego keeps making as they keep selling.

This set will sell well for lego and I doubt they care about resellers much.

plus it goes to their core image as a company that promotes STEM and educational learning.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

2562123-o_1anrik6uaj9fae1cbb1g1u1qo81k-f

I find the first area with the data reel computers interesting and like the last one with the satellite & nice shot of space. Neat the symmetrical book stacking in the second vignette nodding to the Philadelphia mass turbulence of 1947. No human being would stack books like that. An altogether nice assortment of characters in my opinion.

13 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Sure, but are they prepared to loose 1/2 of their usual CMF buyers ???

Yes, I am going to be that guy.
loose vs lose.jpg

Also to note for the record, I hate how many negative connotations the term "feminist" has taken for a word that simply means "a person who supports the belief that women and men should have equal rights and opportunities." Besides let us please not turn a friendly discussion over a simple LEGO set into some bizarre nonsensical farce that does not belong here in the first place.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, scuttfarkas said:

I think you forgot the Caterham Seven (set 21307) already? ;)  It's set a precedent so another car matching the Creator Expert line is a possibility.

10 minutes ago, Haay said:

I think you forgot the Caterham Seven (set 21307) already? ;)  It's set a precedent so another car matching the Creator Expert line is a possibility.

Hopefully in the next results. Lego already have the VW license with the T1 and Beetle, so why not a mk1 GTI?

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, CrabslayerT said:

Hopefully in the next results. Lego already have the VW license with the T1 and Beetle, so why not a mk1 GTI?

Hopefully the GTI and the T1 can make room for it. Then again, TB didn't make room for SOH or BB.

2 hours ago, Poppy2612 said:

VW will be happy to maintain this relationship. They have to psy for that emissions scandal somehow

*pay

The Golf GTI is such a cult car in Eastern Europe that people would ravage the stores for a LEGO set. 

Edited by inversion

The amount of "I can't believe Voltron wasn't picked" I'm hearing is overwhelming.

Clearly Voltron has been picked. They are still working on it. Those of us that love Voltron need to just pretend that the results just haven't come out yet. Because they haven't.

While it's clear that all the other sets, other than Women of NASA did not get picked, we are still in limbo with Voltron just like any other set before a results announcement. We just get he added bonus of knowing that they are actively working on it.

We need to stop saying "it should have been Voltron" because Voltron has nothing to do with the choice of Women of NASA.

Guest TabbyBoy
12 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

New CEO in charge. If you're looking for a possible reason.

Oh yeah... the "Bellend of Billund" ;-)