LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

8 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

So... Research Institute has been stagnant for some time. Sell the rest now or will NASA bump the demand? 

I just recently sold my last 3 RI to clear out some space. I made money on them and they sold pretty quickly so there is still demand for it.  I'm not mad that I sold  them because of the announcement of this set. I don't know if it will have much impact but at this point it can't hurt. I don't see the price going down significantly from this point so you might as well hold on to them.  

Guest TabbyBoy
22 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

So... Research Institute has been stagnant for some time. Sell the rest now or will NASA bump the demand? 

Keep them a bit longer as a "set of 2" could be more desirable and they don't take up much space anyway. I still have 5 RIs left.

I don't see the appeal of this one. Ideas sets are hit and miss (EXO suit, Research Institute) not for the lack of great choices- I would have picked up the Adams Family house on day one. This set I would think twice at 50% off. It feels too similar to the Research Institute.

I think I'm one of the few here that am at least a bit excited for this set, while I wish it was just "Astronauts" I certainly get why this set was presented the way it was

1) Lego mini figures made for real people. Doesn't happen all that often.

2) Promoting Science and space exploration. I think this fits in well with the Apollo set.

3) It's simple, small and fits on an executive's desk (come on you knew that was coming).

4) If we're lucky and this set does well this could lead to other similar sets, I would love to see John Glen, Buzz Aldrin, Alan Shepard, Yuri Gagarin, Valentina Tereshkova...mini figures. Or Einstein, Newton, Copernicus, Galileo, Da Vinci...The possibilities really are endless.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Cool, it´s been a while since we had an overhyped IDEAS set that will create a massive bubble for first day orders. I guess TLG will have a hang on production based on past expriences with RI and EXO.

Bubble is not such a bad thing as long as you get out of the way before it bursts :drag:

• Like 1