LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

1 minute ago, inversion said:

Would not be surprised if this was the last IDEAS set. The interest in the program is dying, and the quality of the submissions is mostly lacklustre.

The same could apply to most official themes, too, though.

It´s clear we are in a different cycle from the everything is awesome one and the next lego movie could well be the Solo of the series.

4 minutes ago, inversion said:

Would not be surprised if this was the last IDEAS set. The interest in the program is dying, and the quality of the submissions is mostly lacklustre.

Program is dying in your eyes or do you have some proof?  The Saturn V set was a massive success in terms of design, quality, $/P and sales.

10 minutes ago, lego rules said:

Program is dying in your eyes or do you have some proof?  The Saturn V set was a massive success in terms of design, quality, $/P and sales.

4 out of the last 6 sets have been mediocre overpriced efforts at best and that´s being polite. The two bigger ones were much better but it definitely seems there is some spark missing. Heck YS, C7 and AT all even made it to the 50% off sale in Europe and now they sell these sets everywhere there is no exclusivity.

Edited by Val-E

22 minutes ago, Val-E said:

4 out of the last 6 sets have been mediocre overpriced efforts at best and that´s being polite. The two bigger ones were much better but it definitely seems there is some spark missing. Heck YS, C7 and AT all even made it to the 50% off sale in Europe and now they sell these sets everywhere there is no exclusivity.

That may be the case on your side of the fence but at least in Canada I don't recall 50% sales on Ideas sets.  I don't have sales numbers, and I doubt anyone here does but I think 3 of the last 4 have been a success.  Old fishing store, Woman of Nasa and Ship in a Bottle.

39 minutes ago, lego rules said:

Just looking at the submissions, that is the present. The released sets were submitted 2-3 years ago.

2 hours ago, bogsci23 said:

When will Voltron coming out?

Voltron is coming.  We know it's not been canceled.  But it's been very tightly monitored (no leaks so far).

There's a new series of Voltron: Legendary Defender coming on June 15.  San Diego Comic-Con is July 18.  My personal thought right now, is that we'll get an announcement just before the new series hits, with a reveal at SDCC.  Possibly even an August 1 release date which would give SDCC a chance of having them for sale.

We've heard rumors that the Voltron set will be the largest of the Ideas sets ever produced. Old Fishing Store is at 2049, and I expect that Voltron will be at least 2500.

1 hour ago, Dlambert2004 said:

I love the idea of this set. It’s very unique and creative, looks interesting from a technical standpoint, and is highly customizable. Judging from the box size, I wonder how many scenes they will include pieces for?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

I agree that it plays to the strengths of Lego - customisation and creativity, but it does seem rather similar to the current free promo, just on a larger scale.

Regarding the other recent sets; WoN was another US bubble based purely on speculation and hype and Tron if it wasn´t Tron would be a free promo gift at best. They are closer to EXO Suit than Mars Rover and any element of exclusivity was lost when Lego decided to include them in the wholesale catalogue for any shops to order.

25 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Voltron is coming.  We know it's not been canceled.  But it's been very tightly monitored (no leaks so far).

There's a new series of Voltron: Legendary Defender coming on June 15.  San Diego Comic-Con is July 18.  My personal thought right now, is that we'll get an announcement just before the new series hits, with a reveal at SDCC.  Possibly even an August 1 release date which would give SDCC a chance of having them for sale.

We've heard rumors that the Voltron set will be the largest of the Ideas sets ever produced. Old Fishing Store is at 2049, and I expect that Voltron will be at least 2500.

I sure hope you're right!

• Like 1

I’m hearing more buzz that it’s an August 1 release date, for $180.

• 3 months later...

This is ripe for speculation but as I've continued my B-Seek search for clues to upcoming releases I found this interesting one...

Lego Ideas 2018 set number 21315 which is next in line after 21314 Tron Legacy.

Last I checked there were no confirmed Ideas sets prepped and ready for production as everything was still in the voting process waiting for a 2019 release.

What's particularly interesting is that a price is noted.  $69.99....  That's either incorrect, or it calls into question the Ideas voting process because for the price to be known so should be the set.  What's the purpose of voting if the set is known?  Again, the price could be an error, the entire B-Seek search result could be an error.

Ideas.png

• 2 weeks later...

I really like both these choices.  I'd have been very happy with the Acclamator Assautl Ship and the Modular Arcade, but I don't think either had a realistic chance.  If they stick to the original design, the Treehouse looks like it could challenge Voltron for most pieces in the Ideas line.