LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

Agreed. For some reason $45 price bugged me. $40 would have been great price for it.

They look nice though

The $40 US sets are usually $50 CDN if I'm not mistake. That extra five bucks boosts the difference to $15 instead of $10. Boooo.

That box is great though... I hadn't looked at the pictures of the box. Makes me think people might look past it.

The $40 US sets are usually $50 CDN if I'm not mistake. That extra five bucks boosts the difference to $15 instead of $10. Boooo.

That box is great though... I hadn't looked at the pictures of the box. Makes me think people might look past it.

I think the box art is great for the audience.   To me it screams "NOT FOR KIDS" in a subtle way (if that makes sense) ;)

Agreed.  For some reason $45 price bugged me.  $40 would have been great price for it.

They look nice though

For that $5 extra you are getting a premium box, printed (!) latin names and an informative booklet from higher quality paper. If you compare this to the Creator sets with the same price point I would argue about the price being that high. (Not relevant for most people, but I gladly pay that $5 for the printing alone.)

Also imagine this on the shelves of book stores, museums and hobby shops. 

• Like 1

To me, the Birds set takes LEGO to another level. It is a classy and informative set that teaches as well as entertains. I think people get too wrapped up in PPP and other typical LEGO barometers. 

I feel like this about most Architecture sets; part of the Lego/art aesthetic is its accessibility - esp. if you happen to be talentless.

Edited by beatpoppa
  • Like 1

I quite like them. They'd look nice sitting on a shelf in my living room. Wonder what my cat will make of them lol.

Don't know how they will do as an investment. Could be a niche market, but one that's prepared to pay decent money if they end up being not heavily hoarded.

Couldn't agree more, Tractorboy.  These are just great looking sets at a relatively low price point for the avid adult Lego collector.  I will be getting them Jan. 1 unless they are offered to VIPs early.

This Birds set IMO could be an underproduced set. It will receive a lot of publicity because of how awesome and new it is. We never have had anything like this. This set is going to be a huge winner especially if it's under produced. Probably one of the coolest and best looking CUSOO sets I have seen in a while.

It's been getting a very positive reaction on the Brickset forum. I'm a bit surprised actually, given it's not license based and there's no minifigs. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it seems to have much wider appeal than I thought it might. The box and presentation of the set (which are great) helps, and the fact that it's part of a desirable/collectable theme.

Re: Birds - there will be enough people grabbing a few to make this very profitable at least in the early days - think back to the first few weeks of Exo-Suit pricing.

Lego probably won't make a huge amount of these, at least in run 1 so there's money to be made.

Re: TBBT - the more of you saying "I don't like it" means that there will be less of us with sets in hand when this also goes OOS in the early days. Doesn't matter if you like a set or not - there's still millions that watch the show so there will be enough interest vs sets produced to make money again.

If these stay Lego exclusive they have great potential like RI - if they get released to multiple retailers, then they'll follow similar trends to BTTF and Ghostbusters have.

Re: Birds - there will be enough people grabbing a few to make this very profitable at least in the early days - think back to the first few weeks of Exo-Suit pricing.

Lego probably won't make a huge amount of these, at least in run 1 so there's money to be made.

Re: TBBT - the more of you saying "I don't like it" means that there will be less of us with sets in hand when this also goes OOS in the early days. Doesn't matter if you like a set or not - there's still millions that watch the show so there will be enough interest vs sets produced to make money again.

If these stay Lego exclusive they have great potential like RI - if they get released to multiple retailers, then they'll follow similar trends to BTTF and Ghostbusters have.

On that other set don't be so sure there is money to be made even fans of the show on here do not like it.

It could be an overproduced dud.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in the uni library today and was reading the Brickset review. The two girls studying next to me noticed it and asked me:

-"Is that LEGO? Do LEGOs like that actually exist?!!"

- Me: "Yeah, it's coming in January."

- Girl: "I had no idea!! I WANT one of those!! So cute! I haven't played LEGO since I was a child!"

- Other girl: "Me too! It is awesome!!"

So what do you think about investment prospects? 

(Footnote: they also found it cute that I am into LEGO LOL...)

Edited by inversion
  • Like 1

I was in the uni library today and was reading the Brickset review. The two girls studying next to me noticed it and asked me:

- Girl: "I had no idea!! I WANT one of those!! So cute! I haven't played LEGO since I was a child!"

Why do I think this scene would have made a great Youtube clip. Haha. ;)

I will only like this post if you got their numbers.

• Like 3

I will only like this post if you got their numbers.

Asking two girls for their numbers? Or just one of them, especially that they are friends? No thanks, I don't want to summon the Devil. By the way, my girlfriend is a LEGO addict, cooks well and is pretty, so I totally have no reason to :P

Asking two girls for their numbers? Or just one of them, especially that they are friends? No thanks, I don't want to summon the Devil. By the way, my girlfriend is a LEGO addict, cooks well and is pretty, so I totally have no reason to :P

I shall grant you a pass.  :)

(And yes, I expected you to get both their numbers)