LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

• 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Adventure time will definently go. Would be good if yellow submarine does the same and we can then load up on autumn sales like last year with Wall-e.

I expect both Yellow Submarine and Caterham Seven to retire by end of the year.

Whether Adventure Time is also retiring this year already depends on the sales numbers. Considering that in my opinion the Ideas sets are mostly bought by AFOLs who are more interested in the display value than the play value of a set, I doubt Adventure Time is a big seller. And as such it wouldn't be unlikely to get retired as well by end of this year.

Any new news on Voltron?   I so hope this set gets approved/licensed..  

Not yet.

They pushed it to the next reveal. I thought I heard we'd be getting results soon?

I think (hope) Voltron will happen. I think the delay is just related to the number of lawyers working on the licensing agreement.

On a basic Ideas set, you'd have LEGO and the creator to deal with. On every other licensed Ideas set, you'd have the licensee (e.g. BBC Worldwide for Doctor Who), the creator and LEGO.

With Voltron you're going to have two licensees. You'd have the US rights holder (because it's Voltron, not Golion), and then you have the Golion Japanese rights holder.

I don't know that for sure and you would think that the US holder has carte blanc to license as they see fit, but I'm guessing that building block toys isn't covered by that license.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First of all - I am banning people from posting in this thread (not really) because every time I see it's a new post I think it's an announcement and I'm dying to hear about Voltron.

from local LUG. i think its a slam dunk ti be approved. looks great, pulls in different groups too including AFOL

I really like it. I think it had a good shot and would really like to buy it.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, pstebbing said:

bump @Alpinemaps. Yes I know it's kind of cruel, but he does get to go to SDCC this weekend.

I'd prefer Voltron, bc I loved it as a kid, but the ship in a bottle is also an excellent design.

lol.

Well, Ship in a Bottle isn't part of these review results.  I'm going to stand by that they must just be days away from the ink drying on the Voltron contracts, and that's what's holding it up.  I'd think that if Voltron was cancelled, they would have released the results already.

Still hopeful that maybe there will be an announcement at Comic Con.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hockeyweasel said:

That sure looks like it at the 6:05 mark for the Summer 2017 results at the top of the page.

My bad, you're right.  For some reason I had it in my head that it didn't make it in for that deadline, but would be in the next batch.

On a different, Voltron, note...I can't believe it was submitted back on Apr 11, 2016.  It's been over a year!  I was pushing hard for it to make it to the review period that ended on April 30, 2016 (and it missed it by only a few hundred votes).  So it's been a long time coming.  Fingers and toes are crossed!

• 2 weeks later...