LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

The idea behind the treehouse alone is wonderfully fun and has me think of Swiss Family Robinson same as Exciter1 pointed out. With the secret side area in LEGO Dimensions having you very briefly visiting the Flintstones home, seeing the project getting approved is not a surprise but still a welcome confirmation. I now wonder what else of Hanna-Barbara's lineage may get LEGO-fied in the future (in physical or digital form).

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

Couldn’t the Hanna Barbera (Scooby Doo) licence be simply extended to cover The Flintstones? This theme could be huge and is just what LEGO needs. The treehouse is good, but will only have AFOL and MOC appeal I think. Yes, we all know that LEGO will rehash something boring instead.

48 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

The treehouse is good, but will only have AFOL and MOC appeal I think.

My 6 year daughter has been talking about living in a treehouse when she grows up since she was 3.  I showed her some picks of it and she's hoping that it's modular like and that she can get a couple to build a giant treehouse.  Just one little girl's opinion about this set...

At the very least, I'll be getting two of them.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy
16 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Subprime alert. They have picked Steamboat Willie and Central Perk Friends as the next sets.

Up until now, I've been a CUUSOO/IDEAS completionist and have every set since 21101, I have a feeling that may now change. The Steamboat Willie looks ridiculous and will no doubt have Disney tax applied. I can't understand why so many great IDEAS get swept aside for utter crap to go in its place.

26 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Up until now, I've been a CUUSOO/IDEAS completionist and have every set since 21101, I have a feeling that may now change. The Steamboat Willie looks ridiculous and will no doubt have Disney tax applied. I can't understand why so many great IDEAS get swept aside for utter crap to go in its place.

I’m guessing it’s because they think that crap will make them more money.  Who’s up for building a Seinfeld MOC?

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Subprime alert. They have picked Steamboat Willie and Central Perk Friends as the next sets.

subprime?  you mean gift for investors.  

you cannot fathom the depth of disney collector out there.  we all like to make fun of how disney tag is a death sentence for star wars set.  well for everything else except star wars its the kiss of gold.  plus horde has the scent of mouse flesh in its nose as it scurried to acquire mickey and minnie bhz so these will just tickle that itch and hopefully first run is small and snatched.

my  wife and millennials seem to watch friends reruns over and over again.  other than joey, who i can't help but laugh at, i'd rather F5 daily deals than watch another friends episode. 

still,  friends is reportedly the top streamed show on netflix. which i was surprised to find out.  i would have thought it would be something more recent.

netflix just paid $100 million to extend its exclusive friends streaming contract for 1 year! 

central perk will be an instant winner.  

both of these seem rich with initial release qfll-ness.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, cladner said:

subprime?  you mean gift for investors.  

you cannot fathom the depth of disney collector out there.  we all like to make fun of how disney tag is a death sentence for star wars set.  well for everything else except star wars its the kiss of gold.  plus horde has the scent of mouse flesh in its nose as it scurried to acquire mickey and minnie bhz so these will just tickle that itch and hopefully first run is small and snatched.

my  wife and millennials seem to watch friends reruns over and over again.  other than joey, who i can't help but laugh at, i'd rather F5 daily deals than watch another friends episode. 

still,  friends is reportedly the top streamed show on netflix. which i was surprised to find out.  i would have thought it would be something more recent.

netflix just paid $100 million to extend its exclusive friends streaming contract for 1 year! 

central perk will be an instant winner.  

both of these seem rich with initial release qfll-ness.

Im also watching Friends over and over again.. what a time without the cell phones! and ever present internet .. :D

Netflix made a deal reportedly worth $100 million to ensure it would be able to stream Friends throughout 2019, but it’s likely that the sitcom will have a new home in 2020.

Kevin Reilly, the chief creative officer of the upcoming streaming service WarnerMedia (which will likely be the new streaming home of Warner Bros. expansive content library) told reporters on Monday that the studio’s biggest hits will likely move from their current homes to the new service, which is expected to launch in the last quarter of 2019.

“You can expect the crown jewels of Warner [including Friends] will ultimately end up on the new service,” Reilly said, also clarifying that they won’t appear on other services. “For the most part, sharing destination assets is not a good model. My belief is they should be exclusive to the service.”

F3D0DA9D-6684-404C-AFEE-1EBD53454CB4.jpeg

Friends is number 1in the UK I guess they don’t have The Office there

Edited by Pseudoty

11 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Netflix made a deal reportedly worth $100 million to ensure it would be able to stream Friends throughout 2019, but it’s likely that the sitcom will have a new home in 2020.

Kevin Reilly, the chief creative officer of the upcoming streaming service WarnerMedia (which will likely be the new streaming home of Warner Bros. expansive content library) told reporters on Monday that the studio’s biggest hits will likely move from their current homes to the new service, which is expected to launch in the last quarter of 2019.

“You can expect the crown jewels of Warner [including Friends] will ultimately end up on the new service,” Reilly said, also clarifying that they won’t appear on other services. “For the most part, sharing destination assets is not a good model. My belief is they should be exclusive to the service.”

Friends is number 1in the UK I guess they don’t have The Office there

The US version of The Office is as appealing to most Brits as Revenge of the Sith is to OT Star Wars fans. Black Mirror is where the humour is at.

• 3 months later...

The 5 qualified product ideas up for review:
- Queen Victoria Cruise Ship by FlagsNZ
- Playable LEGO Piano by SleepyCow
- Chemical Plant by Ymarilego
- Food Stand Diners by FrostBricks
- Dinosaurs Fossils Skeletons Natural History Collection by Mukkin

Spoiler: The dinosaur fossil skeletons won.

Looks like the playable piano goes through to another round later this year.

Edited by binary_storm
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Next selection of LEGO Ideas sets up for review:

lego-ideas-second-2019-review-phase.thumb.jpg.865b980a58e01878fe3a47a932e8da9f.jpg

• LEGO Ideas Space Shuttle Atlantis
  • LEGO Ideas Thunderbirds Are Go
  • LEGO Ideas Pursuit of Flight
  • LEGO Ideas History Museum
  • LEGO Ideas The Office
  • LEGO Ideas Medieval Blacksmith
  • LEGO Ideas Winnie the Pooh
  • LEGO Ideas NASA Spacecraft
  • LEGO Ideas The Haunted Mansion
  • LEGO Ideas The Seven Dwarfs’ House

I think the Winnie the Pooh set makes a really good chance. And maybe Pursuit of Flight has a chance as well. 

Thunderbirds could also be picked IF it's chosen by a LEGO Designer as his pet-project because of being a huge Thunderbirds fan in his youth. :D 

There's already another The Office set in review in the current review stage by the way. That's funny!