LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

25 minutes ago, kumas said:

I have no idea what Sesame Street is (same as Voltron / Stranger Things for me) and I am not going to buy it unless it is super awesome or part of modulars line

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uchūsen_Sagittarius

This one I remember from my childhood and would definitely buy a set of or they could do a theme around Studio Ghibli animes

My whole family, particularly my daughter, would love it if TLG ever released anything Totoro or something from Howl’s Moving Castle. Those are our two favorite Studio Ghibli films.

Edited by Chormeister

On 9/27/2019 at 5:35 PM, Furious_george said:

We got the full straight from the US version when I was little. Can still remember wondering what a trash can was and marvelled that butter could be sold in sticks. Some of the tunes I can still sing (poorly). I liked the pinball counting bit... one two three four five...six seven eight nine ten ...eleven twelve.?

Do they still use that one?

Just read this, thanks for getting that damn song in my head.  But yes, as someone else said, this was Electric Company.  Reading Rainbow was also in my rotation at this age.

Oh, if two people are going to be wrong, I will step in and set the record straight. The Pinball number Count song is from Sesame Street.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinball_Number_Count

There is even a very recently created online pinball game for it!

https://www.sesamestreet.org/games?id=25653

And Pentatonix came on and sang it with some interstitial songs that are pretty nice as well, my daughter loves it.

• Like 4

Well, it's a wonderful tune:).  Interesting how many of us who lived it seemed to mistake it for electric company. Very likely a common closer for sesame street I Believe elec. co. followed it.  And Ya, nod the reading rainbow:)   Not too interested in this sesame street Lego personally to build but good golly could be good for selling. All eyes on it.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 5:47 AM, HandyHand said:

The best explanation why there won't be an official The Office set is given here:

It's hilarious how disgusted M&R is about this totally TURD set. :D 

The guy should have focused on actually reviewing what is very obviously a very legally-marketed set. Aside from his claims of "this is garbage", "this is trash" and "I don't like it", he does not at all explain WHY it is trash. The only ARGUMENT he really uses is that - from his POV - the manual is too tiny, that's it. The rest is about that he hates everything, never to be explained in any way - super-biased fanboys like him might be the main reason why LEGO is still No.1 in the business despite all their faults in product development, marketing etc.

• Like 1

Kind of makes me wonder what kind of a licensing deal NBC got out of this group as opposed to what LEGO usually does.  If they're giving really good deals, LEGO may need to change up their business model.

There are groups out there doing military stuff as well.  I've been tempted to get a couple for my son who keeps making tanks.  LEGO won't do war stuff so it's not like it's competition but somehow I can't bring myself to buy non- LEGO.

I realize this is a bit off-topic but I'm not going to start a new thread for this.  Curiosity got the better of me and I checked out https://phatmojo.com/.

They also have Ducktales, Star Wars, and Marvel listed as licenses but I can't see what they produce under those licenses.

Edited by exracer327

On 9/29/2019 at 5:52 PM, Belac said:

Well, it's a wonderful tune:).  Interesting how many of us who lived it seemed to mistake it for electric company. Very likely a common closer for sesame street I Believe elec. co. followed it.  And Ya, nod the reading rainbow:)   Not too interested in this sesame street Lego personally to build but good golly could be good for selling. All eyes on it.

This is the song / video I remember from Elec. Co.  I do not know if Sesame Street did the same video or not.  Then again, I don't think the song was proprietary so it could have been used by both.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:54 PM, exracer327 said:

This is the song / video I remember from Elec. Co.  I do not know if Sesame Street did the same video or not.  Then again, I don't think the song was proprietary so it could have been used by both.

more importantly, a Mr. Rogers set w/ a trolley going through a brick-built  montage of the puppet scenes.  That would be nice.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

resize-1600-900.jpeg

Second 2019 Review Results will be announced on Wednesday, 10am EST/7am PST.  Livestream will be on Facebook.

The sets that are under review are:

UCS Space Shuttle Atlantis by Snelson42
Thunderbirds Are Go by AndrewClark2
Pursuit of Flight by JKBrickworks
History Museum by Bricky_Brick
The Office by Lego The Office
Medieval Blacksmith by Namirob
Winnie the Pooh by benlouisa
Nasa Spacecraft by Micro_Model_Maker
The Haunted Mansion: 50th Anniversary by GoodOlPrice
The Seven Dwarfs’ House by Hanwasyellowfirst
Anatomini by Stephanix

(Thanks to TheBrickFan for posting this list)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

I've got to be honest - I'm not overly excited about any of these.  If I had to pick one, I'd go with the Pursuit of Flight by JKBrickworks.  That one, to me, is innovative - as least as far as what we've seen from Ideas sets in the past.

The Office has failed in multiple submissions, and with Pirate Bay and Sesame St rumored to be $200 and $350, respectively, I doubt they would pick a big one, which eliminates just about everything else. Haunted mansion won't get it as there will be one for Hidden Side soon enough (along with being big), and they won't do another space themed. My guess would be Pursuit of Flight or nothing.