LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

While I like the TBBT, I have zero interest in owning a lackluster set of of the backdrop with some minifigures.  Birds is clever and I think will be more popular.   They would look great on display.

I'm also not sure about The Big Bang Theory set as well from both a personal and investment standpoint.  I love the show, but don't really need toys based on the show.  If the set is anything like other licensed Ideas sets (e.***., Delorean, Ecto-1), it will not have a limited run and will be available for awhile.  It will depend on the final design for me, I suppose.

As a wildlife biologist, the Birds set could be very interesting depending on what is included in the final version.  I'm hoping it's more than just the American robin.

care to elaborate?

A bunch of minifigs sitting in a nondescript room is a pretty pathetic set, especially with the ideas label on it. Last time we saw this set it was called Palpatines Arrest. TBBT will rely on the license to sell rather than any creativity or innovation. Not a road they want to go down.

• Like 1

I wasn't sure if one would hate it being too much of a fan or not enough.

I've only watched a handful of episodes and need to have a Netflix/Hulu marathon, but I'll definitely be getting at least one for myself.

I love all the little details like the Chinese food cartons.

I didn't think much of Research Institute and look how that turned out. ha I didn't get a single one. :(

They`re interesting choices for sure. I don`t watch TBBT, nothing against it, just seen a couple clips and have left it at that. The set will undoubtably be very popular and a huge seller, why wouldn`t it be? CBS gave the show a 3 season advanced order earlier this year, the fanbase isn`t going anywhere. What the set looks like isn`t going to make any difference, the fact that there is a set at all will make it a big hit. I`d put money on it, and that isn`t the case with everything licensed as we well know. 

I quite like them. They'd look nice sitting on a shelf in my living room. Wonder what my cat will make of them lol.

Don't know how they will do as an investment. Could be a niche market, but one that's prepared to pay decent money if they end up being not heavily ho

I see my kids building this, then giving it to grandma for mother's day next yr.

This will be a winner. It makes a cute gift and based on its appearance the market might not be as niche as you think.

No stickers either... :)

What's turning me off is the price. At $45 US and $60 CDN this is pushing the upper end of "cute." Now the birds look sizeable (unlike the teenie displays in RI) but it will make people pause just a little longer.

The sets that make people drop their jaws are not under $100 either, mostly because of their size, I don't know what you expect. For $45 this is nice.

I mean pause to purchase, not to gawk. $60 is pretty steep for three birds. :)

As for reselling that $60 (+ tax) in Canada, means a flip price has to reach about $90 to make it even close to worthwhile and a long term hold around $100-$110.

That's all I meant... I have no qualms spending that for our own collection!

No stickers either... :)

What's turning me off is the price. At $45 US and $60 CDN this is pushing the upper end of "cute." Now the birds look sizeable (unlike the teenie displays in RI) but it will make people pause just a little longer.

Agreed.  For some reason $45 price bugged me.  $40 would have been great price for it.

They look nice though