Thread of Packaging Excellence

I've been waiting a month for a load of these from Target. They're trickling in. Today it was 2 sets in a massive box that could fit 10 of, sent 2000 miles, zero dunnage, perfect condition.  Cheers, FedEx.  Jeers, Target.a910e0d1fab20cb11b30405b56674ad9.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Edited by FM
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I go back and forth on what’s acceptable for box damage. Here’s what I just got from Zappos as an investment. Not pancaked, but definitely creased all all along the top. Their system is setup to accept returns, but not exchanges (for Lego). I got it at 30% off (20% Honey + 10% educator discount). I recently got them to knock 10% off 123 Sesame St, which I got for 25% off, so I don’t want to raise too much of a fuss too often; and I’m not sure I’d get the 20% Honey offer again if I returned/repurchased. In other words, I’m not happy but I’m leaning towards keeping it. Thoughts?757907e72a73e8297017d0a181f062f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

That’s a horrible way of shipping  these tbh. I would have used a box after sandwiching the poster between the cardboard 

I agree. I once sold some baseplates and shipped them in a padded envelope; there were 4 baseplates so i assumed it would be fine. Mail carrier was determined to make the package fit in the mail slot, so he bent them and shoved them in. 

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, melting said:

USPS just did not give AF.

s-l1600 2.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

lego always sandwiched my vip prints with cardboards and external shipping box. Thought it was the standard, but after viewing this I guess I was just lucky

1 hour ago, CsabaLazlo said:

I'm planning to sell one of these. Viewing these pictures has given me the fear. Not sure how to make sure it gets there in good condition now.

I imagine if you use three+ layers of corrugated with the flutes layed perpendicularly it would be just fine. Even the above would have stood a much better chance with a single sheet with folds at the top and bottom to provide lateral stiffeness to the package. heck, glue some paint stirrers between the layers :D

19 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

I imagine if you use three+ layers of corrugated with the flutes layed perpendicularly it would be just fine. Even the above would have stood a much better chance with a single sheet with folds at the top and bottom to provide lateral stiffeness to the package. heck, glue some paint stirrers between the layers :D

Paint stirrers is a novel idea. There were several layers of corrugated cardboard here and I've had prints shipped from artists in a similar manner that arrived fine. If someone wants to fold it up they are going to do it no matter what.

Edited by melting