Thread of Packaging Excellence

• 2 weeks later...

Order 2 sets from Amazon. Get them bubble wrapped. Great! THEN I start to remove the bubble wrap only to find its been taped on the box with packaging tape attached to the actual front of the set. Figuring this was picked from a 3rd party seller's stash. I'm figuring amazon probably wouldn't waste time bubble wraping or am i wrong?. Well done 3p..well done...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Guest TabbyBoy
8 hours ago, LegoBro said:

Order 2 sets from Amazon. Get them bubble wrapped. Great! THEN I start to remove the bubble wrap only to find its been taped on the box with packaging tape attached to the actual front of the set. Figuring this was picked from a 3rd party seller's stash. I'm figuring amazon probably wouldn't waste time bubble wraping or am i wrong?. Well done 3p..well done...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Return it, they have to learn.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest TabbyBoy
9 hours ago, Migration said:

Oh, man. How much feedback does that seller have?

Probably 100%, but I'd give them a negative immediately for treating me like that and eBay will side with the buyer. Any eBay seller should know that shipping quality has to be at least as good as a high-end retailer. I've now moved on to double-walled boxes for large sets with bubble-wrap and air-pillows. Also EVERY box I use is brand new.

12 hours ago, Migration said:

Oh, man. How much feedback does that seller have?

His feedback is 1, so a new seller.

I informed them that on the 21st I will need to get eBay to settle the case as we were unable to come to a resolution. The response back was "SALE IS FINAL!". I'm just going to let him believe "no returns" means "no returns", and look forward to the response I get when eBay provides me a shipping label and a refund out of his pocket.

• Like 4

They are a terrible seller, obviously. But what would make you ever buy an expensive item like that from a seller with virtually no history? I know everyone has to start somewhere, but I'm not buying a $200+ set from a person with that feedback.

*this doesn't make anything he/she did right.......

49 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

But what would make you ever buy an expensive item like that from a seller with virtually no history?

^The price?

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Probably 100%, but I'd give them a negative immediately for treating me like that and eBay will side with the buyer. Any eBay seller should know that shipping quality has to be at least as good as a high-end retailer. I've now moved on to double-walled boxes for large sets with bubble-wrap and air-pillows. Also EVERY box I use is brand new.

Nothing is more likely to damage a minty fresh box than air pillows. They are only good for keeping an item from moving around but then why are you shipping empty space in the first place - it costs money.

Those things are harder than rocks so when they receive an impact the force transfer on to the next weakest link eg the lego box.

I am sure someone has done extensive testing on this but for me the best solution is always to cut an exterior box snuggly down to size, at most with a layer of bubble wrap round the lego box to avoid scuffing.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

They are a terrible seller, obviously. But what would make you ever buy an expensive item like that from a seller with virtually no history? I know everyone has to start somewhere, but I'm not buying a $200+ set from a person with that feedback.

*this doesn't make anything he/she did right.......

40% off RRP with free shipping. Not a bad buy in price IMO. Just another to put on the shelf in the basement and hide away for a handful of years. Messaged the seller and got a human response in English. Didn't think to ask about how it would be shipped as the box was in perfect condition in the pictures.

12 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

40% off RRP with free shipping. Not a bad buy in price IMO. Just another to put on the shelf in the basement and hide away for a handful of years. Messaged the seller and got a human response in English. Didn't think to ask about how it would be shipped as the box was in perfect condition in the pictures.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Were the actual item photos on the listing or stock ones?

8 minutes ago, Val-E said:

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Were the actual item photos on the listing or stock ones?

Actual photos, all his listing pictures were taken on the same table. Even made the effort to take pictures from all different angles and sides. Everything checked out. All the guy had to do was put it into a box and the transaction would have been favorable. Hand written address label taped on. Guy just has no idea what he is doing, and he has sold a few other Lego sets when checking his "sold" history, so I assume he will have similar issues. If I didn't already have a copy opened for myself I would probably keep it, but for future resale the nice box that was pictured would have been preferable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Actual photos, all his listing pictures were taken on the same table. Even made the effort to take pictures from all different angles and sides. Everything checked out. All the guy had to do was put it into a box and the transaction would have been favorable. Hand written address label taped on. Guy just has no idea what he is doing, and he has sold a few other Lego sets when checking his "sold" history, so I assume he will have similar issues. If I didn't already have a copy opened for myself I would probably keep it, but for future resale the nice box that was pictured would have been preferable.

So you´re pretty safe on the SNAD grounds then.

I guess he´ll learn not to cut corners in the future, literally.

Maybe he works in Target as a lot of those crazy discount sets got shipped pretty much like that - hassle free, as Jeff calls it.

Edited by Val-E

16 minutes ago, southcollector13 said:

First purchase from Prime Now. I assumed it would arrive with an outer box like regular amazon shipments. Is the label and code on the set an anomaly, or should I have expected this due to Prime Now instead of regular amazon? 

IMG_5003.jpg

This is common with Amazon Prime. They will sometimes wrap small/medium sized sets in black shirk wrap but I have yet to have that happen with large sets. 

His feedback is 1, so a new seller.

I informed them that on the 21st I will need to get eBay to settle the case as we were unable to come to a resolution. The response back was "SALE IS FINAL!". I'm just going to let him believe "no returns" means "no returns", and look forward to the response I get when eBay provides me a shipping label and a refund out of his pocket.

Keep us posted on how it turns out. Make sure to ship it back in a box so the seller sees how it’s supposed to be done.