Thread of Packaging Excellence

Well I took ravenb99's advice and ordered 2 sizes of small boxes at 50 each from uline.

The package arrived and it came via next ground service next day speed.

But what was amazing was to me I got this huge heavy box that is about 4' x 4' x 1' full of boxes.

I know everything is free on much shipping for sites like Amazon but the freight was $15 for this.

They must have a heck of a discount rate.

post-31357-0-66891400-1412903109_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

Well I took ravenb99's advice and ordered 2 sizes of small boxes at 50 each from uline.

The package arrived and it came via next ground service next day speed.

But what was amazing was to me I got this huge heavy box that is about 4' x 4' x 1' full of boxes.

I know everything is free on much shipping for sites like Amazon but the freight was $15 for this.

They must have a heck of a discount rate.

they get ridiculously cheap shipping rates.  Uline, Macy's, and Costco have some of the best shipping deals around.  

I've received some mildly crushed boxes from the States but nothing like I have seen in some of the posts.

Have you guys had any success with getting a partial refund or a gift card rather than having to return it to your local store or send it back?

Some people have had success but if it's mild damage then don't abuse it. Accept it for what it is and move on. Or we will get stuck with badly damaged boxes. No discount

I just received a box from Walmart containing two Benny Spaceships.  Guess what was done? 

The Lego sets, when standing on their sides, are roughly 0.10 inches too tall for the shipping box, so the "helpful" people from Walmart decided to force-jam the Legos into the shipping boxes, warping the Lego boxes.  Needless to say, I'm returning the items. :negative:

for this set, which people build pack up and put away until next christmas, the box matters.

also i think the idea that boxes don't matter is really a bunch of malarkey to put it kindly.... 

why wouldn't you want a pristine box for something you purchased new?

why would you insist on a double standard from what you expect to sell, from what you expect to receive?

in every instance, you will get more money for a set with a mint box than a set that has crushed mangled box.

for a set that's retired or EOL like the SSD that's a different story, but even then you won't make out as well as if you had a mint box.

yeah, i'm a box queen and proud of it.

I agree with you.  What if your buyer purchased the set as a gift for someone else?  Would a mangled box do?  No!

I did not take pictures because it was dark out but I went to pick up 6 packages today  - all with varied degrees of packaging excellence. One was a flat rate box, so there is nothing exciting there

Box 1 - mixels from yoyo - in a suitable 12x10x8 box.  With a lot of air bubbles (for mixels!), a typically excellent yoyo package.

Box 2 - sets from yoyo - in a suitable box with lots of protection, again - excellent condition

Box 3 - a large ebay set wrapped in KRAFT paper (ugh!), second time this has happened to me with the same set.

Box 4 - a Kmart set in a box twice the size of the set with virtually no air bubbles

and

Box 5 - a large box of mixels from yoyo (about 60 mixels) - in a box that measured 32x24x12 - this box weighed at most 4 pounds with a gross (exaggerated) of air bubbles.

So I have yoyo who thinks that box size is silly and air pockets are endless, kmart who is relentless cheap, and an ebay seller who wraps expensive sets in kraft paper.  Quite the range.

I did not take pictures because it was dark out but I went to pick up 6 packages today  - all with varied degrees of packaging excellence. One was a flat rate box, so there is nothing exciting there

Box 1 - mixels from yoyo - in a suitable 12x10x8 box.  With a lot of air bubbles (for mixels!), a typically excellent yoyo package.

Box 2 - sets from yoyo - in a suitable box with lots of protection, again - excellent condition

Box 3 - a large ebay set wrapped in KRAFT paper (ugh!), second time this has happened to me with the same set.

Box 4 - a Kmart set in a box twice the size of the set with virtually no air bubbles

and

Box 5 - a large box of mixels from yoyo (about 60 mixels) - in a box that measured 32x24x12 - this box weighed at most 4 pounds with a gross (exaggerated) of air bubbles.

So I have yoyo who thinks that box size is silly and air pockets are endless, kmart who is relentless cheap, and an ebay seller who wraps expensive sets in kraft paper.  Quite the range.

Sounds like we may have dealt with the same ebay seller.  I got a box wrapped in paper that was completely mangled and had to initiate a return through Amazon.  Not only did the wrapping get cut up, the box had a giant gap and 2 of the 6 bags were missing (as well as some loose wheels).  I had to send so many email messages that it bordered on harassment, and the whole time the seller was saying they had never had problems shipping that way.

OK, I just received my package from Yo-Yo. When I open it, there are tons & tons of air bubbles. At the bottom of the box is my order of 10 Mixels. While they arrived safely & I'm grateful for that. The box seems a little too big for 10 Mixels. So, let's see what would have fit appropriately in this box. Oh, here it is, Winter Market Village fits just fine & with enough room left over for the Mixels. No...not 1 WMV but 5! 5 WMV fit very comfortably in this box...

• Like 5

OK, I just received my package from Yo-Yo. When I open it, there are tons & tons of air bubbles. At the bottom of the box is my order of 10 Mixels. While they arrived safely & I'm grateful for that. The box seems a little too big for 10 Mixels. So, let's see what would have fit appropriately in this box. Oh, here it is, Winter Market Village fits just fine & with enough room left over for the Mixels. No...not 1 WMV but 5! 5 WMV fit very comfortably in this box...

They wanted you to have extra shipping supplies for the holiday season
  • Like 1

Thought TRU shipped me a basketball hoop...nope, just 4 lil HLHs...could fit 30 sets in this box. No complaints though, all in decent enough condition:

Funny you posted that.  I had one close to that size with 1 Seaside house in it lol.  WM sent my 8 Downtown Bakery in 6 orders.  Most were a large 18x18x18 square with 1 downton bakery in it with absolutely 0 packing material.
  • Like 2