Thread of Packaging Excellence

Guest TabbyBoy
On 1/12/2019 at 12:14 AM, eliminator said:

Thanks Amazon; shipping box: pristine...Lego box inside: blunt-force trauma!

49899626_10161536277965556_1051314389543550976_n.jpg

Get them on chat and you should get a few % off the price.

1 hour ago, nolanfan34 said:

Thank you Amazon, frustration Free packaging. In this case I guess it means you get the frustration for free.

From what I've seen in this thread, I think the "frustration free" part is for the Amazon workers.  Clearly they don't give a rip what happens to the package they're shipping.

• Haha 1

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

From what I've seen in this thread, I think the "frustration free" part is for the Amazon workers.  Clearly they don't give a rip what happens to the package they're shipping.

Of course... It's all about saving money and stopping lazy workers from moaning. Very few vendors (shops and couriers) actually give a damn about the box. It serves them right if they have to handle a lot of complaints and returns. If I get a damaged box, I either insist on a large discount or back it goes. LEGO SaH continue to be the worst for me, I've just had to send back all 20x Speed Champions sets that were crushed due to too many air pillows - why weren't they left in the factory boxes? Anyway, why are those boxes so damn thin? This return could lead to a ban, but frankly I really don't care as I could've now got those sets cheaper.

Edited by TabbyBoy

4 hours ago, exracer327 said:

It's probably more a case of being pressured to pack x number of boxes a day. If they don't hit their target they'll be out the door sooner rather than later so they're incentivised to cut corners.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Tarka said:

It's probably more a case of being pressured to pack x number of boxes a day. If they don't hit their target they'll be out the door sooner rather than later so they're incentivised to cut corners.

Unrealistic targets is what causes low morale, stress, mistakes and accidents. That's the problem when the "Sales & Marketing Teams" call the shots in a badly run company. This is why so many reps and couriers drive like idiots as they're always in a rush to meet targets. In my business, I give customers realistic expectations and always remind staff and contractors to take their time to do a job properly (and once!) ensuring that it doesn't need to be reworked down the line. My motto on the wall simply reads, "Rushing takes longer" and if we rush anything, the chances are we'll have to go back to site to put it right, taking more time and expense. Retailers having to process returns due to poor handling should know this. Oh... I get my business through quality, not price.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy
10 hours ago, thebrickdad said:

Tesco Gallows Corner...

Yup, it's that kind of place. 1767d19edda5f3a3351c91cef02c3ac8.jpg

So lots of tight tracksuits and 3-across pushchairs in the queues then. Not to mention the amount of old Vauxhall Corsas in the car park. 

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Ordered a Mickey for my girl from a Ebay seller... when it came in a envelope I was pretty upset... then I saw what was inside... amazingly this box was actually in pretty good shape haha

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

So box condition is important for little girls also? ?

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Anyone have tips on boxing up the oblong shaped 7597 (i.e., Toy Story Train Chase)

Doesn't fit any of the standard boxes I have.

-thanks

I don't have one but I've heard people use these for making custom boxes. Anyone here try one of these?

https://www.amazon.com/Cardboard-Box-Carton-Reducer-Sizer/dp/B00OI9RO94/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1549569882&sr=8-4&keywords=box+resizer+tool

Box resizer.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I don't have one but I've heard people use these for making custom boxes. Anyone here try one of these?

https://www.amazon.com/Cardboard-Box-Carton-Reducer-Sizer/dp/B00OI9RO94/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1549569882&sr=8-4&keywords=box+resizer+tool

Box resizer.jpg

Thanks...this gave me an idea to modify a DYson box I have that was too long but excellent otherwise...if I invert the box it will "look" professional...until they open it.

51 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

You could be a weirdo that trims and cuts up boxes to make it fit, or you could measure it and buy boxes from Staples. 

I am that weirdo...it's a used set and I don't sell enough volume for ordering supplies in bulk to make it cost-effective.

2 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Box resizer.jpg

I've never heard of such a thing, but now I'm really interested. :D
I have a lot of the standard sizes to fit just right, but this might come in handy for those atypical orders.

• Like 2